‘23 MO RB Jeremiyah Love is Irish

That Sinclair tweet is all I’ve been crying about for years. I know none of these kids have even stepped a foot on campus. But Freeman has shown that you are at least in the running. And if all this was one year earlier ND would have Keeley and Moore to add to this class. They would be well ahead of anything Kelly even sniffed. Cry me a river over academics, weather, and anything else that limits recruiting. It can be done!

Liked Sinclair's article. Just a few call-outs. So happy TAMU imploded this year lol.... Now just wondering if he'll be a RB or DB lo... 

• "On that day, amid a surge in scholarships, the Top 100 recruit picked up two offers – Alabama and Stanford. This suggested Love was both talented enough to play at the top of the SEC and prepared academically to attend Stanford."
  • "It was the markings of the caliber of recruit Notre Dame simply needs to sign a higher volume of to advance as a program."
  • "**Love’s commitment marks five consecutive Notre Dame recruiting classes that include four-star talent from the St. Louis area: Love (2023), Christian Gray (2023), Tyson Ford (2022), Gabriel Rubio (2021), Jordan Johnson (2020), and Kyren Williams (2019)."
  • "During his junior season in 2021, Love shared a backfield with two other very capable running backs. But despite limited snaps and missing two games during that season, he averaged 10.5 yards per carry with 996 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns. All the while, he was maintaining a GPA north of 4.0."
  • And he’d prove 10.76 speed in the 100 meters thereafter.
  • Even so, there was a tough recruiting battle brewing between the Fighting Irish and others. And it was Texas A&M emerging as the top competitor alongside Notre Dame.
  • “Coach (Marcus) Freeman, we met with him before the game and coach (Deland) McCullough,” Love’s father told Wiltfong following the Sept. 10 visit. “That was special. He didn’t have to take the time to meet with us on a game day.”
  • “Me and my wife are high on ND. He wants to go to Texas A&M and see a game there,” Love’s father added. “We’re going to go to a game this weekend and he has to make a decision before the end of the month.”
  • As we learned today, Love already had his mind made up before arriving in South Bend this weekend, announcing his college decision today.

freebie

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/LongFormArticle/Analysis-Jeremiyah-Love-Commits-to-Notre-Dame--195405416/#195405416_4

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

That Sinclair tweet is all I’ve been crying about for years. I know none of these kids have even stepped a foot on campus. But Freeman has shown that you are at least in the running. And if all this was one year earlier ND would have Keeley and Moore to add to this class. They would be well ahead of anything Kelly even sniffed. Cry me a river over academics, weather, and anything else that limits recruiting. It can be done!

No doubt Freeman is doing a great job in recruiting.

But saying admissions does not matter, is silly. And we all know NIL has been a huge help.

The previous 2 classes have the best we've had since 2013. Both top 10.

This will be 3 straight assuming the class sticks. 

And let's not forget Love is a 4.0+ GPA high academic kid/family.... Keeley IIRC was 4.0 GPA too. 

1 minute ago, OKelleyIrish said:

No doubt Freeman is doing a great job in recruiting.

But saying admissions does not matter, is silly. And we all know NIL has been a huge help.

The previous 2 classes have the best we've had since 2013. Both top 10.

This will be 3 straight assuming the class sticks. 

And let's not forget Love is a 4.0+ GPA high academic kid/family.... Keeley IIRC was 4.0 GPA too. 

First NIL is going to hurt. Now it’s helping?  C’mon what is it?  Also, who has been there two of the last three years?  Freeman. 
So, the last three years are just pure luck because they have been the “right kind of kids” that ND are getting.  Got it. Luck that they are 4.0. Luck because this kid goes to a Catholic highschool. Luck because the school and the coach is pro ND. Any other reasons why ND can only recruit a kid that’s in the top 100?  

2 minutes ago, coltssb said:

First NIL is going to hurt. Now it’s helping?  C’mon what is it?  Also, who has been there two of the last three years?  Freeman. 
So, the last three years are just pure luck because they have been the “right kind of kids” that ND are getting.  Got it. Luck that they are 4.0. Luck because this kid goes to a Catholic highschool. Luck because the school and the coach is pro ND. Any other reasons why ND can only recruit a kid that’s in the top 100?  

Nice failure.... Do you know dates... ?? lol..... he had zero to do with 2021 class. 

ND's 2021 class was pretty done by end of 2020... early sign period got was mid Dec2020....

Freeman got here 2021 afterwards. 

And NIL helps... 

2021 early period - Dec 15, 2020

https://www.onefootdown.com/2020/12/16/22177970/2021-early-signing-period-notre-dame-football-commitment-and-nli-tracker-recruiting-irish-nd-list

Freeman hired - Jan 8, 2021

https://irish.nbcsports.com/2021/01/08/notre-dame-hires-top-defensive-coordinator-target-cincinnatis-marcus-freeman/

9 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Nice failure.... Do you know dates... ?? lol..... he had zero to do with 2021 class. 

ND's 2021 class was pretty done by end of 2020... early sign period got was mid Dec2020....

Freeman got here 2021 afterwards. 

And NIL helps... 

2021 early period - Dec 15, 2020

https://www.onefootdown.com/2020/12/16/22177970/2021-early-signing-period-notre-dame-football-commitment-and-nli-tracker-recruiting-irish-nd-list

Freeman hired - Jan 8, 2021

https://irish.nbcsports.com/2021/01/08/notre-dame-hires-top-defensive-coordinator-target-cincinnatis-marcus-freeman/

Wait. I just counted 8 guys that are not even on the team are so far the depth chart that they’ll be gone after this year. That’s your top class haha. 
Here is article for your liking…..

https://www.uhnd.com/recruiting/2022/07/24/marcus-freeman-crushes-the-notre-dame-recruiting-ceiling-myth/

3 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Wait. I just counted 8 guys that are not even on the team are so far the depth chart that they’ll be gone after this year. That’s your top class haha. 
Here is article for your liking…..

https://www.uhnd.com/recruiting/2022/07/24/marcus-freeman-crushes-the-notre-dame-recruiting-ceiling-myth/

lol... keep reaching....

You first attempt to credit Freeman for the top 10 2021 class.

Then find out you were wrong and he wasn't here... So now you attack the class... lol

Keep pivoting... hilarious. \

a5c7bc4ad358eccc16444eff5c0e70612f7e209b

Edited by OKelleyIrish

Just now, OKelleyIrish said:

lol... keep reaching....

You first attempt to credit Freeman for the top 10 2021 class.

Then find out you were wrong and he wasn't here... So now you attack the class... lol

Keep pivoting... hilarious. 

You’re right I didn’t look back. But to look at your post clearly. You thump your chest as if the past three years were something amazing. Top 10 classes….best since 2013…wow. Want a cookie?  That just goes to show you how bad Kelly was as a recruiter. The article I presented was  once Freeman got to ND recruiting took off. Way better than anything Kelly has done since 2013. Facts are facts. Kelly sucked as a recruiter. And academics and everything else Kelly shoved up your rear to make you believe this fallacy is just that. Smoke. Freeman is doing what Weis showed can be done. Going after big fish and nabbing some along the way. Grades-academics-weather it doesn’t matter. But I’m sure the next kid Freeman gets to commit will have a 4.0 from a Catholic school whose coach was a former ND player, where he has both parents that come from a good family and they love John Deere. Any other terrible stereotypes I have to throw out there?  Freeman is a better recruiter. Just say it. It’s fine. 

“As of now, I’m not doing anything [with other schools], but I wouldn’t say it’s completely shut down,” he explained. “I’m going to chill. I’ll still listen to what other schools have to say, but I’m just chilling.”

Does not sound like a hard commit, just using us as placeholder.

https://www.on3.com/teams/notre-dame-fighting-irish/news/notre-dame-fighting-irish-football-recruiting-2023-running-back-jeremiyah-love-commitment/

1 minute ago, coltssb said:

You’re right I didn’t look back. But to look at your post clearly. You thump your chest as if the past three years were something amazing. Top 10 classes….best since 2013…wow. Want a cookie?  That just goes to show you how bad Kelly was as a recruiter. The article I presented was  once Freeman got to ND recruiting took off. Way better than anything Kelly has done since 2013. Facts are facts. Kelly sucked as a recruiter. And academics and everything else Kelly shoved up your rear to make you believe this fallacy is just that. Smoke. Freeman is doing what Weis showed can be done. Going after big fish and nabbing some along the way. Grades-academics-weather it doesn’t matter. But I’m sure the next kid Freeman gets to commit will have a 4.0 from a Catholic school whose coach was a former ND player, where he has both parents that come from a good family and they love John Deere. Any other terrible stereotypes I have to throw out there?  Freeman is a better recruiter. Just say it. It’s fine. 

lol... keep pivoting... 

The problem isn't that you failed to look back at dates... Your problem is your desire to bash anything BK related, credit it to Freeman, and simply blindly ignore facts... like dates, and admissions... lol

I have zero problem with crediting Freeman for a good job.... Look at my original post... I said.... "No doubt Freeman is doing a great job in recruiting."..... 

Here are the facts... 

The fact is we have had 2 straight top 10 classes (not including 2023). And our recruiting got better coincidentally with NIL getting traction, prior to Freeman joining. 

Freeman had zero to do with 21. And BK was there for 2021 for 2022 class recruiting....  lol.. It was just not Freeman. Most of the 2022 commits were offered way before Freeman got there. Heck, a lot 2023 kids too. 

But hey... ignore NIL impact. Bash BK. Credit things to Freeman when he wasn't even here lol.. Be you.... 

You say you give Freeman credit but put an asterisk on it with NIL. Now you’re trying to give Kelly credit for the 2023 class when he didn’t even call guys as he was walking with his truckload of money out the door. Rolling my eyes. Believe what you want man. This convo is over. @tneun89 or if @Big23Head would chime in I’m sure would say exactly what I have been saying. That Kelly recruited ok top 10-15 classes but got burned and stopped recruiting or trying to get top 5. Then said and obviously convinced you that that was the best ND could do. So as long as Freeman keeps winning watch what happens to ND’s recruiting classes. Oh, where is LSU and Kelly at right now?  NIL and the SEC and having Louisiana in your backyard. He should be top three right now. Oh that’s right, LSU is probably harder to recruit than ND..

Cheers and go ND anyhow!