Notre Dame Basketball Recruits

tneun89

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Much needed. ND is looking better. Still wish Wesley was coming back, but ND has a solid, experienced core: Goodwin, Ryan, Laz, and Wertz. Add in JJ Starling, and ND could be a really good team. They have to get a big, though. Losing Atkinson really hurts and they don't really have anyone waiting in the wings. Got to get someone from the portal.

17 hours ago, tneun89 said:

Much needed. ND is looking better. Still wish Wesley was coming back, but ND has a solid, experienced core: Goodwin, Ryan, Laz, and Wertz. Add in JJ Starling, and ND could be a really good team. They have to get a big, though. Losing Atkinson really hurts and they don't really have anyone waiting in the wings. Got to get someone from the portal.

I agree they HAVE TO get a big from the portal !!!

• 1 month later...

Apologies if this post is out of place... having trouble with the other sports board.

Amani Hansberry is a 6'7" forward out of Mount St. Joseph High School in Baltimore. He is a bear in the paint, versatile on both ends, and has a 7'1" wingspan. Was recently awarded the Baltimore Sun Player of the Year. The Irish have offered and, from what I hear, are squarely in the mix. In a recent interview with 247 Sports, Hansberry stated that he is considering a visit to South Bend soon. 

You can check out everything you need to know about his game in this in-depth evaluation that was just published: Player Evaluation.

• 3 months later...

Caleb Williams is a 6’7” W/F out of Sidwell Friends School in Washington, DC. He’s a very high-feel, high-IQ player with versatility and a silky-smooth jumper. He’s been associated with a lot of winning over the last calendar year: Nike EYBL champion (16U) with Team Takeover, DC State champion and Mid-Atlantic regular season and tournament champion with Sidwell Friends. Irish offered Williams today. He’s also been offered by the likes of Michigan, Virginia, Indiana, Maryland, Virginia Tech, and many more.

Here's a newly-published complete breakdown of his game, equipped with nearly 70 video clips, detailed statistics, and tons of insight into his game, intangibles, and coachability: Caleb Williams Evaluation.

Parker Friedrichsen committed yesterday. Top 100-ish (#102 overall) SG from Oklahoma. Nice offer list: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Iowa, Purdue, Missouri, Illinois Cincinnati, Memphis, Xavier, Creighton.

Seems like an incredible shooter - both from beyond the arc and from mid-range. Analysts say he is a great scorer - can finish in the paint. The issue is his strength - he is 6'3 but very small. Will probably need a year or two in a college weight program to be able to compete in the ACC, but I would be he could see some minutes early on because he is a great shooter.

Nice pick up for ND. They still need to find a big man and will likely need to find one in the portal.

• Heart 1

• 9 months later...

I'm combining the Men's Basketball prospects and commit threads into one megathread. This should help with visibility. I'll get this thread featured so it will show on the homepage when there's new activity going forward.

If the activity or demand for basketball content picks up over time, I'll adjust the format as needed. I'd love to raise awareness to more Notre Dame Athletics.

Thanks everyone!

• Cheers 1