‘23 IL OL Charles Jagusah is Irish

On3 Consensus: 4-star, #41 overall, #4 OT

247: 4-star, #64 overall, #6 OT

Rivals: 4-star, #122 overall, #10 OT

On3: 5-star, #7 overall, #1 OT

Offers: Arkansas, Auburn, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Wisconsin

4 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Offers: Arkansas, Auburn, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Wisconsin

this is the one that alot of people were hoping for right? Great day to be Irish!

7 hours ago, tneun89 said:

I'm super happy that he chose ND.  Looking forward to seeing him play at ND and eventually go to the NFL.

But...

He seems so very highly rated, I'm surprised NOT to see offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, USC, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M, or Florida.  He may have made it known he wanted to stay in the North, but he did have offers from LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, and Oklahoma.  

5 hours ago, AnTostal said:

I'm super happy that he chose ND.  Looking forward to seeing him play at ND and eventually go to the NFL.

But...

He seems so very highly rated, I'm surprised NOT to see offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia, USC, Oregon, Texas, Texas A&M, or Florida.  He may have made it known he wanted to stay in the North, but he did have offers from LSU, Tennessee, Auburn, and Oklahoma.  

I get your point. Might be something they didn't like or it might be that he said very early he planned to stay in the midwest. He was not a big visitor to places either.

22 hours ago, AnTostal said:

But...

Oh well their loss.  I will take him and HH coaching to get him prepared for Saturdays.  I know that Bama and others were really high on trying to get Proctor who just committed to the Hawks the other day as well fwiw.

14 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Oh well their loss.  I will take him and HH coaching to get him prepared for Saturdays.  I know that Bama and others were really high on trying to get Proctor who just committed to the Hawks the other day as well fwiw.

Really curious to see if HH still has it. If he connects with these guys, ND’s O-line is going to be a joy to watch for years to come. 

Is Freeling still a take?  Lots of O-line this year it seems. 

Edited by AnTostal

9 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

Really curious to see if HH still has it. If he connects with these guys, ND’s O-line is going to be a joy to watch for years to come. 

Is Freeling still a take?  Lots of O-line this year it seems. 

I suppose if Freeling wanted in they wouldn't turn him away, but I may be wrong, and I think he's probably going elsewhere anyhow.

I think HH will still be good.  Blocking wasn't our problem going against defenses with a pulse.  They just knew what we were doing most of the time and could give our O fits with our small timey BK offense.  We've had good lines manned by really good players.  But even they can't block 8 guys stacked in the box because we have no vertical passing game and all they had to do is stop the run.  When those good teams got up multiple scores on us all they had to do was drop a few more into zone coverage the rest of the game when we had to go air raid to try and make up the difference on the scoreboard.  Its mainly always been about our scheme and how predictable it is.  I think Rees is still going to base most of the O around that scheme because thats really all he's known.  Hopefully he'll figure it out better without BK looming over his shoulder, be more creative, while reacting better to the ebb and flow of the game and different opponents.

9 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

I suppose if Freeling wanted in they wouldn't turn him away, but I may be wrong, and I think he's probably going elsewhere anyhow.

I think HH will still be good.  Blocking wasn't our problem going against defenses with a pulse.  They just knew what we were doing most of the time and could give our O fits with our small timey BK offense.  We've had good lines manned by really good players.  But even they can't block 8 guys stacked in the box because we have no vertical passing game and all they had to do is stop the run.  When those good teams got up multiple scores on us all they had to do was drop a few more into zone coverage the rest of the game when we had to go air raid to try and make up the difference on the scoreboard.  Its mainly always been about our scheme and how predictable it is.  I think Rees is still going to base most of the O around that scheme because thats really all he's known.  Hopefully he'll figure it out better without BK looming over his shoulder, be more creative, while reacting better to the ebb and flow of the game and different opponents.

I’ve said it before…

I think the success of this season depends on Tommy Rees. There are a lot of creative play designers out there. To me, it doesn’t seem like TR is particularly great at that. There are a lot of OC’s who are good at making adjustments in games. I’m not convinced TR is very good at that. 
But, I’m also of the belief that he could become very very good at all of it. 
At least he’ll have some talent with which to build. 
Keep up the exceptional recruiting and see what happens. 

11 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

I don’t recall a lot of scheme issues on the early Bk days just remember our guys getting pushed around a lot. I think with Balis having some years of S and C at ND under his belt we have a recipe for success. 

45 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

I don’t recall a lot of scheme issues on the early Bk days just remember our guys getting pushed around a lot. I think with Balis having some years of S and C at ND under his belt we have a recipe for success. 

S&C was an issue at times.  NC game against Bama, as one example, they pretty much knew exactly what we were running each play.  Their players bragged as much, knowing about our personnel groupings and formation.  We couldn't get anything going offensively.

• 2 months later...