Updated 2023 Top 247

ND Commits

Keon Keeley (Edge): 5-star, #9 overall (up 13 spots)

Peyton Bowen (S): 4-star, #72 overall (up 4 spots)

Drayk Bowen (OLB): 4-star, #73 overall (down 16 spots)

Cooper Flanagan (TE): 4-star, #108 overall (down 9 spots)

Adon Shuler (S): 4-star, #180 overall (down 10 spots)

Brenan Vernon (DL): 4-star, #195 overall (down 45 spots)

Justyn Rhett (CB): 4-star, #246 overall (down 7 spots)

Sedrick Irvin Jr. (RB): 4-star, #247 overall (down 5 spots)

The only commit not included in the Top 247 is Preston Zinter (OLB), who is a 3-star per 247.

A couple of issues with this update. No idea how Drayk Bowen keeps dropping. He was a Top 50 player at one point. He just led his team to a state title and is definitely a Top 50 player, IMO. I also think Adon Shuler is criminally underrated, but that's for all services, not just 247. Vernon had a big drop, again. He was another guy in the Top 50 at one point. Not sure why he keeps dropping. I also have an issue with Justyn Rhett. He is much closer to a Top 100 player. Rivals has him at #53 overall and the #7 CB, with a recent article stating he deserved to be ranked higher. 

All that said, I do tend to trust 247's evals over others. I think Rivals is close. I like On3 the site, but I think their rankings are not good. ESPN is garbage.

• Cheers 1

ND Targets

Dante Moore (QB): 5-star, #8 overall

Caleb Downs (S): 5-star, #10 overall

Carnell Tate (WR): 5-star, #14 overall

Samson Okunlola (OT): 4-star, #25 overall

Samuel M'Pemba (ATH): 4-star, #27 overall

Christopher Vizzina (QB): 4-star, #53 overall

Charles Jagusah (OT): 4-star, #63 overall

Jason Moore (DL): 4-star, #87 overall

Malik Hartford (S): 4-star, #90 overall

Jaiden Ausberry (OLB): 4-star, #93 overall

Monroe Freeling (OT): 4-star, #96 overall

Rodney Gallagher (WR): 4-star, #97 overall

Chase Bisontis (OG): 4-star, #102 overall

Micah Tease (CB): 4-star, #127 overall

Braylon James (WR): 4-star, #128 overall

Christian Gray (CB): 4-star, #153 overall

Devan Houstan (DL): 4-star, #174 overall

Sullivan Absher (OT): 4-star, #194 overall

Jaden Greathouse (WR): 4-star, #207 overall

Rico Flores (WR): 4-star, #239 overall

Jayden Limar (RB): 4-star, #242

ND is in on a ton of guys here (and others not listed). As it stands today, I like ND to land: D. Moore, C. Tate, S. M'Pemba, C. Jagusah, J. Moore, B. James, C. Gray, D. Houstan, S. Absher. 

34 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

ND Commits

Keon Keeley (Edge): 5-star, #9 overall (up 13 spots)

Peyton Bowen (S): 4-star, #72 overall (up 4 spots)

Drayk Bowen (OLB): 4-star, #73 overall (down 16 spots)

Cooper Flanagan (TE): 4-star, #108 overall (down 9 spots)

Adon Shuler (S): 4-star, #180 overall (down 10 spots)

Brenan Vernon (DL): 4-star, #195 overall (down 45 spots)

Justyn Rhett (CB): 4-star, #246 overall (down 7 spots)

Sedrick Irvin Jr. (RB): 4-star, #247 overall (down 5 spots)

The only commit not included in the Top 247 is Preston Zinter (OLB), who is a 3-star per 247.

A couple of issues with this update. No idea how Drayk Bowen keeps dropping. He was a Top 50 player at one point. He just led his team to a state title and is definitely a Top 50 player, IMO. I also think Adon Shuler is criminally underrated, but that's for all services, not just 247. Vernon had a big drop, again. He was another guy in the Top 50 at one point. Not sure why he keeps dropping. I also have an issue with Justyn Rhett. He is much closer to a Top 100 player. Rivals has him at #53 overall and the #7 CB, with a recent article stating he deserved to be ranked higher. 

All that said, I do tend to trust 247's evals over others. I think Rivals is close. I like On3 the site, but I think their rankings are not good. ESPN is garbage.

Can Drayk Bowen be dropping because he is focused on playing baseball and not attending any camps?

3 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Can Drayk Bowen be dropping because he is focused on playing baseball and not attending any camps?

That's a good call. I think these guys who don't do the camp circuit get unfairly penalized by the recruiting services. So, that very well could be the reason. I'm not sure how anyone can watch his film and not see a Top 50 player.

4 hours ago, tneun89 said:

ND Targets

ND is in on a ton of guys here (and others not listed). As it stands today, I like ND to land: D. Moore, C. Tate, S. M'Pemba, C. Jagusah, J. Moore, B. James, C. Gray, D. Houstan, S. Absher. 

That would be an epic class!

23 hours ago, tneun89 said:

ND Targets

Dante Moore (QB): 5-star, #8 overall

Caleb Downs (S): 5-star, #10 overall

Carnell Tate (WR): 5-star, #14 overall

Samson Okunlola (OT): 4-star, #25 overall

Samuel M'Pemba (ATH): 4-star, #27 overall

Christopher Vizzina (QB): 4-star, #53 overall

Charles Jagusah (OT): 4-star, #63 overall

Jason Moore (DL): 4-star, #87 overall

Malik Hartford (S): 4-star, #90 overall

Jaiden Ausberry (OLB): 4-star, #93 overall

Monroe Freeling (OT): 4-star, #96 overall

Rodney Gallagher (WR): 4-star, #97 overall

Chase Bisontis (OG): 4-star, #102 overall

Micah Tease (CB): 4-star, #127 overall

Braylon James (WR): 4-star, #128 overall

Christian Gray (CB): 4-star, #153 overall

Devan Houstan (DL): 4-star, #174 overall

Sullivan Absher (OT): 4-star, #194 overall

Jaden Greathouse (WR): 4-star, #207 overall

Rico Flores (WR): 4-star, #239 overall

Jayden Limar (RB): 4-star, #242

Well, that would be quite the class!  Even if just a few of those actually developed into high-performing starters, that would be amazing.

Here's to hoping that the coaches can make have major success in the first year.  Recruiting is hot right now because of the 'newness' of things.  A year or two of mediocre won-loss records would certainly dampen the national enthusiasm.  

Go ahead.  Start it off with a win against OSU.  Solidify the 2023 class, and kill it in the 2024 class.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Well, that would be quite the class!  Even if just a few of those actually developed into high-performing starters, that would be amazing.

Here's to hoping that the coaches can make have major success in the first year.  Recruiting is hot right now because of the 'newness' of things.  A year or two of mediocre won-loss records would certainly dampen the national enthusiasm.  

Go ahead.  Start it off with a win against OSU.  Solidify the 2023 class, and kill it in the 2024 class.

I’ll say it right now. IF ND beats Ohio State,  this will be ND’s best class since keeping records. They will kill it if they win that game.