‘23 NV CB Justyn Rhett decommits

27 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

They are fine

Respect your calm and confidence or your general straight forwardness on these posts.

I for one might as well be from MO and be “show me” because all I see lately is stories big names chasing NIL money (allegedly) and ND recruiting fading.  If you say the team is fine then I’ll go with that though. 

20 minutes ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

Respect your calm and confidence or your general straight forwardness on these posts.

I for one might as well be from MO and be “show me” because all I see lately is stories big names chasing NIL money (allegedly) and ND recruiting fading.  If you say the team is fine then I’ll go with that though. 

At CB they are fine. Overall there will be navigating the NIL and portal stuff for sure. It is definitely a show me or figure it out stage on multiple levels but right now ND is fairly well prepared. 

13 hours ago, USAFA03_HUGENDFAN said:

There is no evidence that this decommit was based on NIL. IrishBreakdown has stated that it was due to academics and the staff was already aware of the impending decommitment.

2 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

There is no evidence that this decommit was based on NIL. IrishBreakdown has stated that it was due to academics and the staff was already aware of the impending decommitment.

And I didn’t specifically state that this situation was related to NIL. It was a general statement from all that is going lately (Tate’s TN news, Moore’s feet dragging, etc).  The new staff started strong but I see them as fading on the top targets so this was the “show me” statement on what this staff is going to do to close.

I suppose I should have been more specific and yes I have seen several posts about Rhett being an academic related issue. 

That cannot be true, literally half of their current class is taking other visits to schools.

By academics, it does not seem like he couldn't qualify, but that he did not want to focus on academics. That is gist of what I got, but that can be taken a couple different directions.

7 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

That cannot be true, literally half of their current class is taking other visits to schools.

I cannot remember where I read it, but it was suggested that the coaching staff told recruits that a commitment to ND means not taking Official Visits anywhere else. I believe this stance was taken due to the late-stage decommits from the WRs last year.

I wish I had evidence to back up my memory here. I'm also not sure why they would allow Unofficial Visits, but that was how it was explained.

• Trophy 1

30 minutes ago, Tailgate Approved said:

I cannot remember where I read it, but it was suggested that the coaching staff told recruits that a commitment to ND means not taking Official Visits anywhere else. I believe this stance was taken due to the late-stage decommits from the WRs last year.

I wish I had evidence to back up my memory here. I'm also not sure why they would allow Unofficial Visits, but that was how it was explained.

That was the case early in BK's and also Weis' time where it was either  you are committed or you arent. I think that has been loosened the past few years as the reality is it is impossible to police. 

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

By academics, it does not seem like he couldn't qualify, but that he did not want to focus on academics. That is gist of what I got, but that can be taken a couple different directions.

Official visits and unofficial visits are different

• Heart 1

47 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

The visit thing will hold true for MOST recruits. Top rated players at their position might have more leeway. I think Rhett and ND were just in different places over time. It should work out all good for both. 

Second time you’ve mentioned that they’ll be ok. Or at least in some form that you’re not worried. Is there something you’re not telling us 🙂

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Second time you’ve mentioned that they’ll be ok. Or at least in some form that you’re not worried. Is there something you’re not telling us 🙂

Here are Big23Head's projected CB recruits

image.png.3f2fcf8a562d60e312da44105f3ce130.png

The above is what I think he is telling us

Edited by jbrown_9999
  • Heart 2

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Here are Big23Head's projected CB recruits

image.png.3f2fcf8a562d60e312da44105f3ce130.png

The above is what I think he is telling us

Right. So are we saying ND’s is possibly going to get all three? That would be a great replacement.