Let the B1G Chaos Continue

FaithInIrish Forever
This post was recognized by FaithInIrish Forever!

"Great thread!"

NYGoldenDomer was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 5 points.

So this week pretty much starts the beginning of the, hopeful, cannibalism of the B1G.  OSU, PSU, scUM, and MSU all play each other in the weeks to come. 

Let's start at the top, #20 Penn State at #5 Ohio State.  Go Lions.  Let's also pull for Colorado over Oregon to make that loss look even worse for OSU back in week 2.
#6 Michigan @ #8 Michigan State.  Go Spartans.
#9 Iowa @ Wisconsin.  I'd like to see Iowa keep rolling but a loss to Wisconsin looks good for the Irish, kinda.

Then let's hope for future MSU losses to Purdue and OSU, with a win over PSU even further down the road.
With OSU sitting at 2 losses already I'd like to see Michigan finally get one over the Buckeyes.  Of course that is after losing to Penn State the week prior. 

Further down the line Iowa over MSU in the B1GCG.  This should pretty much knock the B1G out of the playoff.

It will be a great day in college football. I get to cheer against every Big 10 team. I don’t really care who wins and loses tomorrow in that conference. I hate them all. Someone ranked above ND will lose. 

All that really matters is that ND wins. 
And they will. 
By 15. 

15 hours ago, AnTostal said:

It will be a great day in college football. I get to cheer against every Big 10 team. I don’t really care who wins and loses tomorrow in that conference. I hate them all. Someone ranked above ND will lose. 

All that really matters is that ND wins. 
And they will. 
By 15. 

Thanks for contributing 👍

• Heart 1

This week's slate of B1G games aren't as sexy as the Week 9 matchups were.  The only notable game in my opinion is

#3 MSU @ Purdue.  Purdue have ruined undefeated top 5 seasons before(Hello OSU a few years ago and Iowa just a few weeks ago).  Can they do it again?  A Purdue win would look good for the Irish as well.

#5 OSU @ Nebraska doesn't have much to look forward to in my opinion.
#7 Michigan vs Indiana ditto.

4 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

This week's slate of B1G games aren't as sexy as the Week 9 matchups were.  The only notable game in my opinion is

#3 MSU @ Purdue.  Purdue have ruined undefeated top 5 seasons before(Hello OSU a few years ago and Iowa just a few weeks ago).  Can they do it again?  A Purdue win would look good for the Irish as well.

That Purdue win would be magical!  I’m all in for rooting for Purdue. 
I keep saying Frost is close. The scores would also say this. Nebraska has lost so many close games the last few years. 
I don’t think it will be close. Ohio State will probably clobber them. But what the hell it’s a weird year. Second upset of the day- Nebraska!

as for the Irish. The committee showed their hand. They do not like ND which is fine. I say this because how can Michigan be ahead of ND?  Where’s their signature win?  Wisky too?  And if State loses, I’m not sure they drop behind the Irish. They have a top 10 win in Michigan. Even if they lose to a common opponent of ND’s in Purdue.   But we’ll find out more in the coming weeks!

Go Huskers and Boilermakers!  

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

Also, go Washington over Oregon!

Anyone think another Oregon loss will also hurt OSU too or at this point it is what it is?  It has to, right?  That turns a good loss to a top 4 team into a not so good loss to a top 15 team.  With Washington being an unranked .500 team it could potentially drop Oregon out of the top 15.  

Or does the committee hold pat and reward OSU for looking their part since?

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

Anyone think another Oregon loss will also hurt OSU too or at this point it is what it is?  It has to, right?  That turns a good loss to a top 4 team into a not so good loss to a top 15 team.  With Washington being an unranked .500 team it could potentially drop Oregon out of the top 15.  

Or does the committee hold pat and reward OSU for looking their part since?

You would think. But I think they have a hard-on for Ohio State. Sorry, but it is what it is. When I read the committees leader comments on why everyone was picked. The only team I heard him mention where he actually talked about players on the team was Ohio State. He would talk about good wins and bad losses, sos and such but when they mentioned Ohio State that’s when he took it to the next level. 
I’m just rehashing from memory. When you look at Ohio State, they have Wilson, they have Olave. Look at what the freshman CJ shroud has done. 
That tells me all I need to know. 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, coltssb said:

You would think. But I think they have a hard-on for Ohio State. Sorry, but it is what it is. When I read the committees leader comments on why everyone was picked. The only team I heard him mention where he actually talked about players on the team was Ohio State. He would talk about good wins and bad losses, sos and such but when they mentioned Ohio State that’s when he took it to the next level. 
I’m just rehashing from memory. When you look at Ohio State, they have Wilson, they have Olave. Look at what the freshman CJ shroud has done. 
That tells me all I need to know. 

Yea good point.  I fucking hate that school lol.  I'll still route for Oregon to lose all of their remaining games regardless.  Eventually something will have to give.

On 11/4/2021 at 1:48 PM, NYGoldenDomer said:

Purdue strikes again!!!!  Nebraska did pretty well against OSU, kept it close all game.  Just need Indiana and Washington to pull through.