Transfer portal names to know?

I don’t know why I have the scorned girlfriend feel when a recruit that we targeted is deciding to transfer and now may want to come back. It’s a year lost with that recruit and the fact that he couldn’t beat out the guy ahead of him, or he couldn’t wait a year to start, puts a sour taste in my mouth. What’s he going to do when he gets here? Maybe he’s not that good? So many questions come to mind. I guess that can be said for any transfer though ha.

It might be as simple as someone cannot beat out his current team's #1 but feels that ND's depth is not as deep.

Or, felt that he made a mistake in not picking ND to begin with

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be as simple as someone cannot beat out his current team's #1 but feels that ND's depth is not as deep.

Or, felt that he made a mistake in not picking ND to begin with

I have to imagine everyone on Arizona’s roster felt like they made a mistake not going somewhere else.

Oh i agree. I posted just because thought others may find it interesting.

Yeah, I remember him very well. He played for Cathedral in Indy and really wanted to go to ND but couldn’t get past admissions. That’s the kind of kid, I don’t mind lowering admission standards to accept.

Doesn't ND have some number crunching they have to do since they signed 26 recruits? Can a transfer even find a spot?

Due to Covid-19 (The "deadly" pandemic), there is no 85 scholarship cap until August of 2022.

Edited by NDhoosier

Exactly. Load up and let the strongest survive. ND should be in a very good position in terms of talent for the foreseeable future.

ND should also have the financial resources to carry extra players unlike other schools which might be suffering due to the impact of Covid on their athletic programs' cash flow. Probably not an issue for SEC and Big Ten schools due to their TV money but some non-Blue Blood programs might have self-imposed restrictions for financial reasons on how many players above 85 (if any) they go.