Cyberpunk 2077

EddieAngel

Emulation is my thing. I have a ton of systems, PS1-4, Xbox-XBox One, N64, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast and multiple variations of each. Currently working on two original XBox builds, one with every NTSC rom and one with several huge emulators. Have one running Coinops 8 massive and Emustarion. Have about 8,000 or so games on that one... picking up a rare green one tonight that I will drop a 2TB drive into and fill it to the brim.

After that I bought another PS2 fat boy to upgrade the hard rice with as many ROMs will fit on another 2TB drive.

giphy.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dream if it can be done. Have every game from every system on one sonsole/emulator. One can dream.

Go to YouTube and search up XBMC emustation...

It’s got almost everything...

I have a 150GB build of it that I’ll never get to see everything on it there’s so bloody much...

Go to YouTube and search up XBMC emustation...

It’s got almost everything...

I have a 150GB build of it that I’ll never get to see everything on it there’s so bloody much...

Out of curiosity, do you work in tech? or, is this just something you skilled up on to support your habit/hobby?

Out of curiosity, do you work in tech? or, is this just something you skilled up on to support your habit/hobby?

LOL, I work in neurological rehabilitation...

Learned all this stuff from reading and watching YouTube videos. Highly recommend watching Mr. Mario Xbox and PlayStation modding videos.

LOL, I work in neurological rehabilitation...

Learned all this stuff from reading and watching YouTube videos. Highly recommend watching Mr. Mario Xbox and PlayStation modding videos.

Youtube is the truth. Built much of my tech career off of that and Google.

My father had Aphasia and his rehab made a tremendous difference in the subsequent 30 years of his life. Thanks for the work you do.

Youtube is the truth. Built much of my tech career off of that and Google.

My father had Aphasia and his rehab made a tremendous difference in the subsequent 30 years of his life. Thanks for the work you do.

I have two aphasia clients now, but are my favourites to work with.

Finished Cyberpunk, it was good even w/ the bugs. Now playing Ghosts of Tsushima, and it’s really good. The game mechanics for fighting are excellent.

I am still lingering trying to finish all the side gigs. I was considering going back and actually finishing the Witcher 3 after or maybe the FFVII remake. Rockets post about emulating has made me wonder whether I should go back and wrap up some classics. Ghosts look pretty awesome wondering if I might be doing myself a disservice playing it on PS4 instead of waiting to get a 5.

I am still lingering trying to finish all the side gigs. I was considering going back and actually finishing the Witcher 3 after or maybe the FFVII remake. Rockets post about emulating has made me wonder whether I should go back and wrap up some classics. Ghosts look pretty awesome wondering if I might be doing myself a disservice playing it on PS4 instead of waiting to get a 5.

It looks pretty good on PS4.

I don't have the game, but I know there is a thread, and I just saw a headine that apparently, the game has been hit by hackers:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/cyberpunk-2077-game-developer-says-s-hit-cyber-attack-rcna270

That kind of ransom attack is pretty common. I have worked for three different companies that were hit with varying degrees of ransomware pain. It is usually something more innocuous than this, just a locked server or something of the sort. This is a much bigger issue.

I may eat crow for it later but it sounds pretty overblown. It sounds like someone got access to a developer's machine and was able to pull local copies of source code and documents but I could be wrong. Curious to see how it plays out.

That kind of ransom attack is pretty common. I have worked for three different companies that were hit with varying degrees of ransomware pain. It is usually something more innocuous than this, just a locked server or something of the sort. This is a much bigger issue.

I may eat crow for it later but it sounds pretty overblown. It sounds like someone got access to a developer's machine and was able to pull local copies of source code and documents but I could be wrong. Curious to see how it plays out.

Guess it was less overblown than I thought. Source code reportedly sold at auction for million. I am definitely in the wrong address of the software business.

https://www.ign.com/articles/stolen-cd-projekt-red-files-reportedly-sold-on-dark-web-auction

Guess it was less overblown than I thought. Source code reportedly sold at auction for million. I am definitely in the wrong address of the software business.

https://www.ign.com/articles/stolen-cd-projekt-red-files-reportedly-sold-on-dark-web-auction

I am an idiot when it comes to this kind of thing, so how could this be that valuable? I could only see a competitor trying to get some secrets for their own game or to counterfeit this game. I imagine the source code is distinct and it really would not matter for any future games from the developer? Idk

I am an idiot when it comes to this kind of thing, so how could this be that valuable? I could only see a competitor trying to get some secrets for their own game or to counterfeit this game. I imagine the source code is distinct and it really would not matter for any future games from the developer? Idk

Good developers easily make six figures so just 20 developers working 1 year is probably $3,000,000+. I do not follow the gaming world but I think that 8 and maybe 9 figures are invested in a single high-end game. Source code of a competitor might allow you to chop significant cost from a project by just learning from their efforts.

This does not take in account, using source code to discover and exploit weaknesses in the code for other purposes.