Book next year

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can’t imagine he will, but we’ll see. I think a transfer is the way to go, and I really think McCaffrey is the guy.

I presume you think a transfer is the way to go if Book doesn't come back. If Book wants to come back, I don't see a scenario where Kelly says no to a QB who would be starting for a 4th year, one with a > .900 winning percentage, and instead goes with a transfer. Now, if Kelly says no because it's time to move on from Book, it's because he has confidence in Clark or Pyne. I just don't see a QB transferring in in the near future. Why do you think a transfer might be the best route?

I can’t imagine he will, but we’ll see. I think a transfer is the way to go, and I really think McCaffrey is the guy.

Are you joking? Book doesn’t have an NFL future and he’s Kelly’s guy. Barring something unforeseen, Book will be leading this team next year.

He’s playing confident, is accurate and is a damn good athlete. I’ve been critical of Book but we can do much worse, and we have. Guys a winner.

Maybe Book wants to graduate and move on?

At best he’s a late round pick and a career back-up.

Maybe he has other career plans, or maybe like Rees he is thinking about coaching.

It doesn’t matter to me what he does after this year.

I do think his staying would create problems with the three quarterbacks in the ND pipeline. None will develop if Book is QB for all but 8 plays a game next year.

I presume you think a transfer is the way to go if Book doesn't come back. If Book wants to come back, I don't see a scenario where Kelly says no to a QB who would be starting for a 4th year, one with a > .900 winning percentage, and instead goes with a transfer. Now, if Kelly says no because it's time to move on from Book, it's because he has confidence in Clark or Pyne. I just don't see a QB transferring in in the near future. Why do you think a transfer might be the best route?

Correct, I think he’s ready to move on.

Are you joking? Book doesn’t have an NFL future and he’s Kelly’s guy. Barring something unforeseen, Book will be leading this team next year.

He’s playing confident, is accurate and is a damn good athlete. I’ve been critical of Book but we can do much worse, and we have. Guys a winner.

Playing QB at this level is physically draining. He knows he’s not playing in the NFL. I’d like to have him back next yr, but I think he’s ready to move on.

There’s 0.0% chance he comes back.

According to insiders, he and his family have already said as much.

Is this because he wants to test the NFL waters? I just find this surprising as I don’t think he’ll have a ton of interest.

I would also never speak in absolutes, lots can change between now and spring.

Book loves the game and if he is not going to get picked up in the NFL, he won't leave yet. He's a gamer and loves to play QB. I say (IF he knows he's not NFL quality) he stays.

He can always take up the OC position once Tommy retires at 26.

Book loves the game and if he is not going to get picked up in the NFL, he won't leave yet. He's a gamer and loves to play QB. I say (IF he knows he's not NFL quality) he stays.

Totally agree with you. People forget how it feels to be 22 and on top of the world. That’s right most of of never experienced that. Graduating school and going to sit behind a desk all day is what a lot of us looked forward to.....not Ian