WTF happened to the girls tonight??

Again, why does everyone care about the girls now? Obviously, only a couple of people care on here.

I care as I love all things ND. The girls team is fun to watch as well, and I have two young girls that both play basketball and I am lucky enough to coach them. I drive them crazy by pointing out things that the girls do on tv, etc.

You should try watching. It is good basketball. I obviously like the men's game better, but you can still enjoy watching a good girls game.

Obviously, considering I’ve watched this team for many years, and have seen at least 10 games in person and I’m from Ohio?

I guess I misread/misunderstood the context of your comment, "Obviously, only a couple of people care on here".

I believe a lot of people on DD care about the ND women's basketball team. The team has been so good for so long.

It's true that there aren't posts all that often, but that's even true of the men's team. For instance, nothing yet on DD about the men's loss to Georgia Tech the other night. People care, they just may not post.

Football is and always will be king at ND. Men's basketball is a fairly distant second. Women's basketball is pretty far back in the pack in terms of general fan interest, probably, but lack of posts does not mean lack of caring/pride/interest.

Women's basketball is pretty far back in the pack in terms of general fan interest, probably, but lack of posts does not mean lack of caring/pride/interest.

agreed.

ND was overwhelmed early and they just never recovered and it didn't help that UL played out of their mind (they could miss in the 1st and 2nd quarters).

Reminded me of Georgetown-Villanova (1985). Louisville is an excellent team that shot 65% from the field and from 3. No one is going to beat that.

The fact that we are missing a national player of the yea caliber player (Turner), our PG and have no guards on the bench doesn't help. I mean, how the heck do they even practice?

I guess I misread/misunderstood the context of your comment, "Obviously, only a couple of people care on here".

I believe a lot of people on DD care about the ND women's basketball team. The team has been so good for so long.

It's true that there aren't posts all that often, but that's even true of the men's team. For instance, nothing yet on DD about the men's loss to Georgia Tech the other night. People care, they just may not post.

Football is and always will be king at ND. Men's basketball is a fairly distant second. Women's basketball is pretty far back in the pack in terms of general fan interest, probably, but lack of posts does not mean lack of caring/pride/interest.

No, one caring about the Men is acceptable. Losing, your 2 best players would do that.

They got crushed because they had zero intensity defense. The Louisville girls could do what ever they wanted on offense. They had open looks all night and could drive to the basket it will. Marina mabry has always been One of the laziest defenders that I have ever seen play, and now she is forced to play 35 to 40 minutes a game. That is brutal.

A lot of us care about the girls. We just don't post about it given there are only a handful of us. I think I read the Boneyard more than any other human. Having 4 ACL tears on any given team, male or female, will greatly effect the outcomes. UL simply shot the lights out and we had nothing to combat it. I don't see this as a systemic problem though. More of a "burn the tape, they shot 76% and UConn would have lost this game" type of thing.

Did anybody watch the game last night? The girls went down 23 in the first half and it looked like a repeat of UL- UT shooting 70% etc. ND started playing some defense and made some shots and ended up winning by 12 or 13. Largest comeback in team history.

Did anybody watch the game last night? The girls went down 23 in the first half and it looked like a repeat of UL- UT shooting 70% etc. ND started playing some defense and made some shots and ended up winning by 12 or 13. Largest comeback in team history.

didn't see it, not sure if it was even on TV. after the UL game im sure a lot of fans were pissed after the 1st quarter. what a come back, to be down 23 and then to win by 14....holy cow. if it weren't for all the injuries this ND would probably march to there 2nd title.

didn't see it, not sure if it was even on TV. after the UL game im sure a lot of fans were pissed after the 1st quarter. what a come back, to be down 23 and then to win by 14....holy cow. if it weren't for all the injuries this ND would probably march to there 2nd title.

Lol you really must not watch girls b-ball. You, forgot that one team in the NE. ND, still only had 1 PG before the injuries, doubt much would of changed imo.

Btw, it was on ESPN. Surprisingly, the top game of the night in any sport.