Mcgregor VS Mayweather

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is so dumb. Mayweather might let the fight drag on a little long bc of the hype, but this is like saying a guy who wins long drive contests can win the US open. McGregor has no chance.

Ditto. This is spot on.

The comment about McG boxing in his youth is like saying MJ and Tebow played baseball in their youth. How you think they would fare against Greg Maddux? That is equivalent of McG fighting Floyd Wifebeater.

Ditto. This is spot on.

The comment about McG boxing in his youth is like saying MJ and Tebow played baseball in their youth. How you think they would fare against Greg Maddux? That is equivalent of McG fighting Floyd Wifebeater.

They'd get a few hits in a hundred at bats. But maybe one of those is a home run.

And is it Cy Young Braves Maddux or end of career Cubs Maddux?

No one in their right mind think McGregor could actually out box Mayweather. His only chance is that Mayweather makes a mistake and he gets in a left hand. That's the only way he can win.

Edited by corysold

They'd get a few hits in a hundred at bats. But maybe one of those is a home run.

And is it Cy Young Braves Maddux or end of career Cubs Maddux?

No one in their right mind think McGregor could actually out box Mayweather. His only chance is that Mayweather makes a mistake and he gets in a left hand. That's the only way he can win.

None of those are a home run not even if it was Greg Maddux today.

McG got out boxed by Nate Diaz in their first match. NATE DIAZ!!! You think he has a snowballs chance in hell against FTMTM?? NFW.

FM will make it entertaining for 6-8 rounds so no one cries about the high ppv price then he will put McG away or coast to a unanimous decision.

Only way there is any other outcome is if fix is in to create a rematch and draw more cash flow.

There is no fix it's just conner make a whole lot more money boxing and losing won't hurt his MMA legacy.

I'm still not buying mcgregor. I feel there are quite a few MMA guys that can beat him. If there is a fix anywhere it's in the UFC allowing some of their top attractions to dodge tough fights.

Mayweather will murder him. That is, unless this fight isnt fixed which all the hype insinuates that it is...

Dana White is a fat, greedy scumbag.

This x's 1000..... If they are boxing with regulation gloves McGregor won't be able to sniff Mayweathers jock...........

• 4 weeks later...

People can say whatever they want. McGregor performed better than expected bigtime. Mayweather doesn't lose because he's the best and smartest BOXER. You can't get a clean knock on him because his defense is too good. He gets better and seemingly quicker as the fight goes on. Fantastic fight.

None of those are a home run not even if it was Greg Maddux today.

McG got out boxed by Nate Diaz in their first match. NATE DIAZ!!! You think he has a snowballs chance in hell against FTMTM?? NFW.

FM will make it entertaining for 6-8 rounds so no one cries about the high ppv price then he will put McG away or coast to a unanimous decision.

Only way there is any other outcome is if fix is in to create a rematch and draw more cash flow.

Yep, BOLD is spot on. Outcome was exactly what we all expected.

Much hype for nothing but a big money grab.

Yep' date=' [b']BOLD[/b] is spot on. Outcome was exactly what we all expected.

Much hype for nothing but a big money grab.

You called it, good job! It was easy to see that Macgregor tires after three rounds in the UFC every fight. Mayweather knew he could dance around and wait 6 rounds in boxing and Macgregor was going to tire. Easiest money he's ever got. It was a good showing but we all knew the outcome. I was at a poker party watching this and after the third round you could see Macgregor opened his mouth on the stool. Right then I knew it was over. A boxer who breathes through his mouth is a boxer about to lose. People at the party kept claiming he was winning and used to ground and pound UFC grappling for 25 mins. It's a different animal in boxing. To throw 100 punches and dodge your opponent while he's trying to hit you. There's no laying on someone gathering your energy. If Macregor knew how to pace himself, grab the boxer and use his reach advantage and take a round off he might had been able to go for a decision. But hand to Mayweather, after that fourth round he pressured Macgregor and wouldn't stop coming forward. Macgregor didn't know how to stop his momentum. I thought he might play a little more rough house tactics or had at least a better inside game but he didn't. That much was clear. Either way, the fight was at least entertaining.

I think most people called it, not just me.

It isn't entertaining when you know the outcome. If so, WWE would have higher ratings.

Hey, back when the Rock and Stone Cold were on and WWE was competing with WCW, they had some of he highest rated shows out there. We all knew the outcome to those. It was the characters that made us watch. Just like Macgregor and Mayweather, they were the Rock and Stone Cold. If the characters suck then people don't watch.

Hey, back when the Rock and Stone Cold were on and WWE was competing with WCW, they had some of he highest rated shows out there. We all knew the outcome to those. It was the characters that made us watch. Just like Macgregor and Mayweather, they were the Rock and Stone Cold. If the characters suck then people don't watch.

Truth.

I hate boxing, I find it boring as crap. I kept up with this fight, though, because of the characters involved. If it isn't entertaining I am not going to watch. Watching two guys who I don't know dance around and paw at each other for 45 minutes? Pass.

People can say whatever they want. McGregor performed better than expected bigtime. Mayweather doesn't lose because he's the best and smartest BOXER. You can't get a clean knock on him because his defense is too good. He gets better and seemingly quicker as the fight goes on. Fantastic fight.

I actually disagree McGregor performed better than I expected. I think Mayweather felt his lack of power in the 1st when the counter uppercut landed. Mayweather knew Conor couldn't hurt him. So then he just carried him several rounds to make it interesting, let him punch himself out, then started to compete in the 9th.

In other words Mayweather let him look like he was competing but he wasn't. The outcome was never in doubt and McGregor couldn't hurt him. The narrative that McGregor made Mayweather come forward is false. Mayweather came forward because McGregor's punches had nothing on them.

Truth.

I hate boxing, I find it boring as crap. I kept up with this fight, though, because of the characters involved. If it isn't entertaining I am not going to watch. Watching two guys who I don't know dance around and paw at each other for 45 minutes? Pass.

I would agree with this.

This is one of the big differences I see between boxing and MMA. I can't watch boxing without some name recognition. I can watch an active MMA fight even if I have no idea who the combatants are.

• 1 month later...