UK concert attack

I'm curious about your last sentence. What is considered an act of terror vs an act of violence? Aren't they considered the same? And why do we always say every white murderer has/had problems and that's why he went bat shyte crazy?

The very act of terrorism is defined to have political influence. If we're to categoize this as a terror attack, every shooting would fall in that category.

There's so many inconsistencies with the Left and their support of Islam. Every country where Muslims are the majority treat women as 2nd class citizens and being gay is punishable by death. Yet in America, we've got rabid feminazis clammoring over the "Patriarchy" and the Wage Gap Myth. Also, not all Muslims are terrorists, but why are all cops viewed as racist killers?

I'm hardly Alt Right, I'm Pro Choice (within a reasonable time frame), believe in Climate Change (not as big of a threat as the Left says), and I was always Pro Gay Marriage. However, the Left in America is out of control and need to be slapped around. Too many of these pvssies love to hate on America, but I guarantee you after a day in the Middle East, they'd be begging to comeback.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is tough for people not to generalize, but I suspect most of this really has little to do with religion. So many of these attacks seem like they are perpetrated by outsider / loner just out of high school / college kids searching for acceptance or seeking revenge against a society that, they perceive, does not accept or support them.

There are other older folks who are just religious extremist, but a lot of this violence does seem to be carried out by people who are just pissed off about their life, not people who are so enthralled with their religious beliefs that they feel a compelling need to murder others. There are plenty of good people out there who are Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, etc... and a lot of violent people from all those walks as well. It is a bad time to look middle eastern in the US and the UK right now, but there are also plenty of places it is bad to look like a Caucasian. Truth is, it's a bad world out there filled with bad people.

I agree 100%. If you look at most of these terrorist they have past run-ins with the law. These are not law adibing, well adjusted individuals doing something for their religion. These are people using religion as an excuse for their actions. Now there are of course power hungry motivated people, these are typically the leaders. The British used religion as a means to take over Ireland, make the Irish indentured servants and causing the famine. Not really ancient history, the blood still boils. But the real reason was to take over the timber industry. Anyways, I have said it before ISIL is no different than a large cartel, street gang, or hate groups. They all recruit based on hatred for someone, prey on the under privileged or those that have been hurt by a certain set of people, and promise something in return. Ex. Cartels, not unlike the old stories we hear from the mafia days, recruit and sustain by offering something to their impoverished community. Cartels in Mexico for example, offer food, clothing and other needs to the communities they are in that they can't not get anywhere else. This creates a fertile recruiting ground and silence of activities. ISIL is similar, we have heard of this utopia they promise and have a powerful message for recruitment. Their base are easily recruited because their base has most likely been affected by some sort of western influence. It could be that one of their family members have died ( most common reason I presume, 200k + civilians died during Iraq/Afghanistan war).

Elder, understanding ones beliefs based on how they were raised versus agreeing is different. I don't agree with any of that you mentioned in regards to some Islamic traditions, but I understand why they believe those things. Christian nations also believed those same things years back, some have gained culture. There are a lot of hard right folks that believe those same values you mentioned that also hate muslims. They hate Jews, LGBT community, are sexist, all that; right here in America! Go to breitbart and see for yourself. To make my point clearer, echo has some of these views, id still have a beer with the guy... At least I would enjoy the beer :)

Edited by Jim2Dokes

I agree 100%. If you look at most of these terrorist they have past run-ins with the law. These are not law adibing, well adjusted individuals doing something for their religion. These are people using religion as an excuse for their actions. Now there are of course power hungry motivated people, these are typically the leaders. The British used religion as a means to take over Ireland, make the Irish indentured servants and causing the famine. Not really ancient history, the blood still boils. But the real reason was to take over the timber industry. Anyways, I have said it before ISIL is no different than a large cartel, street gang, or hate groups. They all recruit based on hatred for someone, prey on the under privileged or those that have been hurt by a certain set of people, and promise something in return. Ex. Cartels, not unlike the old stories we hear from the mafia days, recruit and sustain by offering something to their impoverished community. Cartels in Mexico for example, offer food, clothing and other needs to the communities they are in that they can't not get anywhere else. This creates a fertile recruiting ground and silence of activities. ISIL is similar, we have heard of this utopia they promise and have a powerful message for recruitment. Their base are easily recruited because their base has most likely been affected by some sort of western influence. It could be that one of their family members have died ( most common reason I presume, 200k + civilians died during Iraq/Afghanistan war).

Elder, understanding ones beliefs based on how they were raised versus agreeing is different. I don't agree with any of that you mentioned in regards to some Islamic traditions, but I understand why they believe those things. Christian nations also believed those same things years back, some have gained culture. There are a lot of hard right folks that believe those same values you mentioned that also hate muslims. They hate Jews, LGBT community, are sexist, all that; right here in America! Go to breitbart and see for yourself. To make my point clearer, echo has some of these views, id still have a beer with the guy... At least I would enjoy the beer :)

Except if you're LBGT in Saudi Arabi you get hurled off the top of a building.

Also, not all Muslims are terrorists, but why are all cops viewed as racist killers?

All cops are racist killers because it is a profitable narrative. The media profits from it, the lawyers profit from it, the politicians profit from it, and civil unrest is good for everyone.

Except if you're LBGT in Saudi Arabi you get hurled off the top of a building.

Now you are talking about a country. Russia has similar laws and does things very similar to Saudi Arabia. Hard right loves Russia, best friends. And don't say they don't fund terroist, Russia has been funding terroist activities for centuries. What's the discrepancy?

Now you are talking about a country. Russia has similar laws and does things very similar to Saudi Arabia. Hard right loves Russia, best friends. And don't say they don't fund terroist, Russia has been funding terroist activities for centuries. What's the discrepancy?

You can be gay in Russia and not get killed. I'm also pretty certain every country with a majority Muslim population has zero rights for gays. I'm sure in the US, the ones you know have assimilated, but it's hardly the case abroad. Hell, France was probably safer during the Nazi occupation than it is now.

The very act of terrorism is defined to have political influence. If we're to categoize this as a terror attack, every shooting would fall in that category.

There's so many inconsistencies with the Left and their support of Islam. Every country where Muslims are the majority treat women as 2nd class citizens and being gay is punishable by death. Yet in America, we've got rabid feminazis clammoring over the "Patriarchy" and the Wage Gap Myth. Also, not all Muslims are terrorists, but why are all cops viewed as racist killers?

I'm hardly Alt Right, I'm Pro Choice (within a reasonable time frame), believe in Climate Change (not as big of a threat as the Left says), and I was always Pro Gay Marriage. However, the Left in America is out of control and need to be slapped around. Too many of these pvssies love to hate on America, but I guarantee you after a day in the Middle East, they'd be begging to comeback.

Doesnt even have to be the Middle East. Still waiting for the A-list cucks who threatened everyone with moving to Canada if Donald was elected to follow through....

Doesnt even have to be the Middle East. Still waiting for the A-list cucks who threatened everyone with moving to Canada if Donald was elected to follow through....

And realize that no one gives a rip about their opinions? Fat chance. I like it when some of my favorite "celebrities" agree with me, but I don't really care one way or the other if they don't. I am not going to stop doing, watching, or reading things I enjoy because the person involved doesn't agree with me and I am not going to assume that my actions make a difference to anyone.

That said, it is a sad position to put yourself in when the only way you can be right is if the country goes to ****. I would like to see how far a damn "I told you so" goes when they are flying a hammer and sickle over the white house.

And realize that no one gives a rip about their opinions? Fat chance. I like it when some of my favorite "celebrities" agree with me, but I don't really care one way or the other if they don't. I am not going to stop doing, watching, or reading things I enjoy because the person involved doesn't agree with me and I am not going to assume that my actions make a difference to anyone.

That said, it is a sad position to put yourself in when the only way you can be right is if the country goes to ****. I would like to see how far a damn "I told you so" goes when they are flying a hammer and sickle over the white house.

I've nearly decided Im through with fighting to keep Islam out of the U.S. for the percentage of "Americans" who follow the logic of inclusion without common sense prejudice. I think I'll open a food truck in downtown Raleigh and cling to the hope that I don't get blown up by a moderate, peace-loving Muslim who just wanted a better life for him and his family. I suppose at this point my current career and my future aspirations levy about the same odds of that fate...

I've nearly decided Im through with fighting to keep Islam out of the U.S. for the percentage of "Americans" who follow the logic of inclusion without common sense prejudice. I think I'll open a food truck in downtown Raleigh and cling to the hope that I don't get blown up by a moderate, peace-loving Muslim who just wanted a better life for him and his family. I suppose at this point my current career and my future aspirations levy about the same odds of that fate...

I cannot help but picture Dan Aykroyd's lunch truck from Caddyshack 2.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDzb6BIrhD0&t=50m53s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDzb6BIrhD0&t=50m53s[/ame]

I think all you'll be able to serve is hamburgers, though. God-forbid you try to serve food that was originally made by a culture other than your personal native culture:

http://www.snopes.com/2017/05/26/cultural-appropriation-portland-burrito-shop/

I'm Scots-Irish, and God have mercy on any of you who try to appropriate my idea for a food mobile dispensing Guinness and Haggis out the back of a Yugo decorated like a set of bag pipes.

i forgot you lived in raleigh. we should grab a beer sometime and talk **** about the delusional notre dame fanbase. :D

• 2 weeks later...

What happened last night in Finsbury was terrorism. However, let's not pretend that this is on par with the Islamic terror attacks over the past few months. This guy wasn't a part of an organized terrorist cell. Radical Islam is still the biggest threat to the free world.

What happened last night in Finsbury was terrorism. However, let's not pretend that this is on par with the Islamic terror attacks over the past few months. This guy wasn't a part of an organized terrorist cell. Radical Islam is still the biggest threat to the free world.

Terrorism is terrorism. I'm not gonna play the game of who is worse. Terrorism is terrorism.

I think all you'll be able to serve is hamburgers, though. God-forbid you try to serve food that was originally made by a culture other than your personal native culture:

http://www.snopes.com/2017/05/26/cultural-appropriation-portland-burrito-shop/

I am a little confused what the big deal is.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/06/18/great-news-united-nations-will-try-outlaw-cultural-appropriation/

Does it really matter if a non-Italian serves spaghetti or a non Mexican sells a burrito? Where do you draw the line? Will non-Belgium's have to stop brewing Belgium style beer? Will schools have to stop teaching foreign languages? No ballet dance taught outside of France? Maybe no other nation can produce airplanes or cars since they were both developed in the USA.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/06/18/great-news-united-nations-will-try-outlaw-cultural-appropriation/

Does it really matter if a non-Italian serves spaghetti or a non Mexican sells a burrito? Where do you draw the line? Will non-Belgium's have to stop brewing Belgium style beer? Will schools have to stop teaching foreign languages? No ballet dance taught outside of France? Maybe no other nation can produce airplanes or cars since they were both developed in the USA.

Yup. Pretty soon it's going to be impossible to name peewee football teams and new pro sports teams after anything other than the weather.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/un-cultural-appropriation-illegal_us_594073d3e4b0d3185485ba9a

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/448657/united-nations-cultural-appropriation-committee

Edited by Kelly Gruene

It certainly does. In fact the English we are communicating in was probably invented by, duh...the English. From now on I'm making a change. La sola lingvo ni povas laŭleĝe uzi estas Esperanto. Now I feel better. I mean...nun mi sentas min pli bone.

P.S. (In my formerly appropriated language) I know what some of you are thinking right now. You're thinking, "he said bone...haha".

Mi pensas pri vi Handsome Jack.