UK concert attack

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that there's been a planned terror attack every 9 days in Europe over the last 18 months....

That simply cannot be. Islam is the religion of peace and these people just want to hold hands and live in harmony with non-believers.

That simply cannot be. Islam is the religion of peace and these people just want to hold hands and live in harmony with non-believers.

Ariana Grande won't condemn the terror attacks that killed her fans. She will pay for the funerals however

Not surprised, and it's only going to get worse with Ramadan lasting another 3 weeks. And anyone comparing these attacks v what happened in Portland is wrong. The guy in Portland was one mentally ill individual, not carrying out organized attacks as part of a covert terror group. At this point in time, how can anyone feel safe in London?

Not surprised, and it's only going to get worse with Ramadan lasting another 3 weeks. And anyone comparing these attacks v what happened in Portland is wrong. The guy in Portland was one mentally ill individual, not carrying out organized attacks as part of a covert terror group. At this point in time, how can anyone feel safe in London?

But hey, according to their mayor it's the new norm so get used to it. Personally it makes me sick and wanting to root out those responsible, while others be like whatevs. Interesting you mention the Portland Guy and the info coming out about him, which sort of destroys the original narrative behind that attack. Yet these guys in the U.K. and elsewhere keep chugging to the same theme day after day in their premeditated religious rampage.

What is the difference between this guy and the Portland guy?

Portland guy wasn't working for a terrorist group. Can any of you who are religious honestly say you wouldn't leave your faith if the leaders didn't publicly denounce these acts?

Edited by ELDER06

But hey, according to their mayor it's the new norm so get used to it. Personally it makes me sick and wanting to root out those responsible, while others be like whatevs. Interesting you mention the Portland Guy and the info coming out about him, which sort of destroys the original narrative behind that attack. Yet these guys in the U.K. and elsewhere keep chugging to the same theme day after day in their premeditated religious rampage.

To be fair, that quote has been taken out of context. He's still a PC b1tch.

The article itself is about how the 37 groups denouncing the violence are slamming the two groups who aren't. How does this advance your narrative?

There's still groups that refuse to denounce them. The issue won't be resolved until every single group Banda together to denounce Radical Islam.

Portland guy wasn't working for a terrorist group. Can any of you who are religious honestly say you wouldn't leave your faith if the leaders didn't publicly denounce these acts?

Working as in getting paychecks? Look both still used their madness to create terror with the explaibation being some sort of idealogy that they reason with. Do you know any people that practice Islam? I know a good amount and they are good people, some I have worked for, worked with, neighbors, friends, and went to school with. To group them in this because of their religion that they were raised in or chose to be apart of is hurtful. Wow, I would hate to be a Muslim right now with people like you out there.

Have those alt-right/white nationalist groups that are protesting in Portland debounced their person who they probably fed propaganda too in some sort of fashion?

Edited by Jim2Dokes

Working as in getting paychecks? Look both still used their madness to create terror with the explaibation being some sort of idealogy that they reason with. Do you know any people that practice Islam? I know a good amount and they are good people, some I have worked for, worked with, neighbors, friends, and went to school with. To group them in this because of their religion that they were raised in or chose to be apart of is hurtful. Wow, I would hate to be a Muslim right now with people like you out there.

Really, you don't know the difference? Portland is one guy, acting alone. There's been 3 major coordinated terrorist attacks in England since March.

Left scrambling to call today's Orlando shooting an act of terrorism even though it was just a disgruntled employee. To be fair, just as we can assume a terrorist in Europe are Muslim, we know this is a deranged white guy.

Left scrambling to call today's Orlando shooting an act of terrorism even though it was just a disgruntled employee. To be fair, just as we can assume a terrorist in Europe are Muslim, we know this is a deranged white guy.

I'm curious about your last sentence. What is considered an act of terror vs an act of violence? Aren't they considered the same? And why do we always say every white murderer has/had problems and that's why he went bat shyte crazy?

Have those alt-right/white nationalist groups that are protesting in Portland debounced their person who they probably fed propaganda too in some sort of fashion?

It is tough for people not to generalize, but I suspect most of this really has little to do with religion. So many of these attacks seem like they are perpetrated by outsider / loner just out of high school / college kids searching for acceptance or seeking revenge against a society that, they perceive, does not accept or support them.

There are other older folks who are just religious extremist, but a lot of this violence does seem to be carried out by people who are just pissed off about their life, not people who are so enthralled with their religious beliefs that they feel a compelling need to murder others. There are plenty of good people out there who are Muslim, Buddhist, Christian, Hindu, etc... and a lot of violent people from all those walks as well. It is a bad time to look middle eastern in the US and the UK right now, but there are also plenty of places it is bad to look like a Caucasian. Truth is, it's a bad world out there filled with bad people.