Turner out for season with ACL

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't this happen two years ago too? Or maybe three? I thought it was either Jewel Lloyd or Natalie that went down right before the postseason? I will have to go and look it up.

Snakebit, yo.

Yes, Natalie went down in her final home game in the elite 8. Luckily, still beat Baylor, and then I think lost in the finals. But, I have no trust in Muffet. No, idea why Boley didn't play in the second half. Boley and Young played great in the first half, and even scored a bunch when Turner was on the bench.

I have no trust in Muffet.

I guess I'm surprised to read something like this.

All Muffet has done is take ND to the final four in 1997, 2001, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. True, she ONLY won one championship (so far), in 2001. But again, her team DID win a championship. In this, the age of Geno, and previously in the age of Pat Summitt, to have won a championship at all is a pretty big deal.

662-217 record at Notre Dame.

Clearly we all have opinions on everything and can express them in any way we want. My opinion is that I have complete and total faith in Muffet. Players gotta play, coaches gotta coach. She's an exceptional coach that any team in the country not located in Storrs, Connecticut would love to have.

All Muffet has done is take ND to the final four in 1997, 2001, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015. True, she ONLY won one championship (so far), in 2001. But again, her team DID win a championship. In this, the age of Geno, and previously in the age of Pat Summitt, to have won a championship at all is a pretty big deal.

Clearly we all have opinions on everything and can express them in any way we want. My opinion is that I have complete and total faith in Muffet. Players gotta play, coaches gotta coach. She's an exceptional coach that any team in the country not located in Storrs, Connecticut would love to have.

I'm, sorry but Pat and Geno would of won multiple championships with the players she's had. Majority, of these players are top 100 and all Americans. Yet, when it matters the most in the tourney she chokes. The, second quarter against Purdue was the best quarter all year, and primarily without Turner in the game. She, then plays Nelson whose pathetic, and didn't play Boley who was starting to gain confidence.

Again, with Geno being a coach, I'm not sure Uconn will lose a game in years imo. They, are a machine right now.

I'm, sorry but Pat and Geno would of won multiple championships with the players she's had. Majority, of these players are top 100 and all Americans. Yet, when it matters the most in the tourney she chokes. The, second quarter against Purdue was the best quarter all year, and primarily without Turner in the game. She, then plays Nelson whose pathetic, and didn't play Boley who was starting to gain confidence.

Easy to say.

And maybe true.

Geno is clearly the best coach in women's basketball at present. Summitt was the best in her prime.

In any sport there may be dominant coaches in a particular era (Belichick. Wooden. Saban). That's different than saying some other coaches who don't win championships during those eras are chokers.

I'll trust that Muffet knows much more about coaching women's basketball than any poster here on DD. I'll trust that she knows more about her players than any poster here on DD.

Coaching a team to the final four 4 years in a row but not winning is choking. Okay. Sure. Some people will always look at second place finishers as chokers. In competitive leagues, I just don't see second place as a bad thing. I'd prefer to win, but I just don't see coming in second in the NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB/NCAA as losing or choking.

Clearly we are looking at the same thing and seeing it differently. Fair enough.

Easy to say.

And maybe true.

Geno is clearly the best coach in women's basketball at present. Summitt was the best in her prime.

In any sport there may be dominant coaches in a particular era (Belichick. Wooden. Saban). That's different than saying some other coaches who don't win championships during those eras are chokers.

I'll trust that Muffet knows much more about coaching women's basketball than any poster here on DD. I'll trust that she knows more about her players than any poster here on DD.

Coaching a team to the final four 4 years in a row but not winning is choking. Okay. Sure. Some people will always look at second place finishers as chokers. In competitive leagues, I just don't see second place as a bad thing. I'd prefer to win, but I just don't see coming in second in the NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB/NCAA as losing or choking.

Clearly we are looking at the same thing and seeing it differently. Fair enough.

At, ND we should be wining Championships, also if you're not first your last.

Omg! It's amazing what happens when Boley plays?

???. That's not the only reason. Muffett clearly made adjustments in the offense. It looked like the offense of old. More cutting screening off ball driving and kicking. Just more movement in general. attacking earlier in the shot clock. I hate the offense when turner is in there. Way too often just too much standing around waiting for high ball screen. Not attacking until about 7 seconds left on the shot clock.

???. That's not the only reason. Muffett clearly made adjustments in the offense. It looked like the offense of old. More cutting screening off ball driving and kicking. Just more movement in general. attacking earlier in the shot clock. I hate the offense when turner is in there. Way too often just too much standing around waiting for high ball screen. Not attacking until about 7 seconds left on the shot clock.

Still, a totally different team when Lazy *** Nelson doesn't play.

Stanford will be a tight one but if they win what are the chances we can upset Uconn? I never get women's ball up here in Canada but I looked at their roster and they have some pretty tall ladies. Not sure we'll stand a chance rebounding against them.