I Wish Obama could do a third term

Who you got?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Vote for trump and lose money
    • Vote for Hilary and as trump has been quoted "democrats do better with the economy"

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that shouting 'I will raise taxes on the middle class' will lose you an election hence it is highly unlikely that is what was said.

However in todays news cycle that is basically irrelevant. It is out there now - Hillary raises taxes on middle class. Facts don't seem to matter these days and he or she who shouts loudest and often can imprint mistruths onto the public's conscience. If I hear one more person cite the 94 million people of of work I might just self combust.

That was figure quoted by DoL as recent as Feb 2016. If it is on the internet it must be true!!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/05/94062000-americans-not-in-workforce-exceeds-94-million-for-6th-month-in-a-row/

Bonjour!!

That was figure quoted by DoL as recent as Feb 2016. If it is on the internet it must be true!!

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/05/94062000-americans-not-in-workforce-exceeds-94-million-for-6th-month-in-a-row/

Bonjour!!

Full article below. People quote this 94 million as if they are all homeless looking for work. What do they expect the figure to be, 50 million? Will we extend retirement to 80 and start employing child labour?

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that during the month of January 94,062,000 Americans were neither employed nor made any specific effort to find work in the prior four weeks.

The level of non-participation was down by 41,000 people in January compared to the previous month when 94,103,000 were not participating in the workforce. Last month was also 396,000 people less than September’s record 94,458,000 level of people out of the workforce,.

The labor force participation rate also increased by 0.1 percent over December’s rate. Though an improvement over the past several months, January’s 62.7 percent participation rate continued the trend of low participation levels not seen since the 1970s.

The civilian labor force grew by 502,000 people last month as well to 158,335,000. Overall 150,544,000 people were employed, 7,791,000 were unemployed and 5,973,000 wanted a job.

Additionally the economy added 151,000 in January and the unemployment rate remained stable at 4.9 percent.

• 3 months later...