Dallas Shooting

Honest to God, my heart is breaking for your country right now. I don't know what the hell the answer is, but this is so sad to watch. I cannot believe these people did this to honest, hard-working police officers and civilians, thousands of miles from where the incidents they were protesting took place.

What blew my mind was watching videos of police officers trying to clear the streets, saving the lives of whites, blacks, latinos - just PEOPLE - while being cherry picked by cowards in buildings.

Prayers for the families involved.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest to God, my heart is breaking for your country right now. I don't know what the hell the answer is, but this is so sad to watch. I cannot believe these people did this to honest, hard-working police officers and civilians, thousands of miles from where the incidents they were protesting took place.

What blew my mind was watching videos of police officers trying to clear the streets, saving the lives of whites, blacks, latinos - just PEOPLE - while being cherry picked by cowards in buildings.

Prayers for the families involved.

Yup, but we're all a bunch of racist people with a badge indiscriminately murdering blacks left and right. Knew it was coming, and am certain this will not be the last of it. I'm gonna stop now, so pissed off and disgusted by a lot of the crap that's going on, and don't want to get into it with people with dissenting opinions on these matters.

god bless you guys (Police Officers).......this sh!t is gonna get worse before it gets better......

Agreed. And how crazy is it that this is becoming a common point of acceptance? As if it was something bound to happen, and inevitable consequence. How crazy is this world becoming?!?!?!

Agreed. And how crazy is it that this is becoming a common point of acceptance? As if it was something bound to happen, and inevitable consequence. How crazy is this world becoming?!?!?!

It is crazy. The craziest part is that the leaders of this country at the local, state, and federal levels have been feeding this monster for awhile now. Irresponsibly offering their factless opinions and judgements without the benefit of a complete and full investigation. No big deal right? Until you realize that it further emboldened people to jump to the same conclusions and then take action to get justice how they see fit. Even when they are found to be incorrect in their assumptions, they will not reverse course and do the responsible thing and publically apologize to those affected. The result is millions of dollars in damages from rioting, looting, and arson. Communities and neighborhoods have a sudden lack of law because the police have either been completely neutered or refuse to be proactive in dealing with at risk areas and they end up completely lawless and the crime rate, especially violent crime, skyrockets.

The day before Dallas, Obama made statements to the press that basically accused law enforcement of systemic racism and on the very next breath said that his administration has refrained from interfering or commenting on incidents involving use of force by the police. He stated that reform was needed and cited a few examples involving LE shootings including Trayvon Martin who wasn't even killed by officers. A simple fact check would illustrate that he irresponsibly opens his yap without knowing the facts all the time in these types of matters. Then just yesterday he and BLM both put out that the actions of one individual should in no way reflect an entire cause or group of people. Really?! Hypocritical much. Because every time one cop is involved in something perceived as controversial or a gun owner does something, everyone associated in those groups get labeled as bad or racist. The mental gymnastics of these statements are amazing!

It is crazy. The craziest part is that the leaders of this country at the local, state, and federal levels have been feeding this monster for awhile now. Irresponsibly offering their factless opinions and judgements without the benefit of a complete and full investigation. No big deal right? Until you realize that it further emboldened people to jump to the same conclusions and then take action to get justice how they see fit. Even when they are found to be incorrect in their assumptions, they will not reverse course and do the responsible thing and publically apologize to those affected. The result is millions of dollars in damages from rioting, looting, and arson. Communities and neighborhoods have a sudden lack of law because the police have either been completely neutered or refuse to be proactive in dealing with at risk areas and they end up completely lawless and the crime rate, especially violent crime, skyrockets.

The day before Dallas, Obama made statements to the press that basically accused law enforcement of systemic racism and on the very next breath said that his administration has refrained from interfering or commenting on incidents involving use of force by the police. He stated that reform was needed and cited a few examples involving LE shootings including Trayvon Martin who wasn't even killed by officers. A simple fact check would illustrate that he irresponsibly opens his yap without knowing the facts all the time in these types of matters. Then just yesterday he and BLM both put out that the actions of one individual should in no way reflect an entire cause or group of people. Really?! Hypocritical much. Because every time one cop is involved in something perceived as controversial or a gun owner does something, everyone associated in those groups get labeled as bad or racist. The mental gymnastics of these statements are amazing!

It's not racism. It's profiling...and it's fair. Make a name for yourself by repeatedly breaking the law and you will be approached with caution every time you encounter the police. You don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. You forfeited that when you decided to be a convicted criminal. I find it hilarious that people expect police officers to abandon their justified caution (risking their own lives) by treating every single person they interact with the same.

Families of Philando Castile---"he follows the law and he doesn't have a criminal record". Nope. I guess so long as you're not a violent felon, you are considered a law-abiding citizen. This man had 55 traffic violations. That doesn't make him violent but it certainly makes him a criminal who shouldn't be trusted. Instead, we are expected to trust the word of another criminal named Diamond regarding the specifics of the incident. Im willing to bet the officer's recollection differs quite a bit. But no, the mayor decides to say something reckless like "This wouldnt have happened if he was white".

Alton Sterling requires no explanation.

BLM and other protesters seem to ignore the circumstances surrounding these police interactions because it doesn't fit their narrative. Follow the law. Listen to the police officers whose preservation of safety trumps that of a criminal. Stop arguing, struggling, being difficult and combative and you have yourself a recipe for how to stay alive.

It's not racism. It's profiling...and it's fair. Make a name for yourself by repeatedly breaking the law and you will be approached with caution every time you encounter the police. You don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore. You forfeited that when you decided to be a convicted criminal. I find it hilarious that people expect police officers to abandon their justified caution (risking their own lives) by treating every single person they interact with the same.

Families of Philando Castile---"he follows the law and he doesn't have a criminal record". Nope. I guess so long as you're not a violent felon, you are considered a law-abiding citizen. This man had 55 traffic violations. That doesn't make him violent but it certainly makes him a criminal who shouldn't be trusted. Instead, we are expected to trust the word of another criminal named Diamond regarding the specifics of the incident. Im willing to bet the officer's recollection differs quite a bit. But no, the mayor decides to say something reckless like "This wouldnt have happened if he was white".

Alton Sterling requires no explanation.

BLM and other protesters seem to ignore the circumstances surrounding these police interactions because it doesn't fit their narrative. Follow the law. Listen to the police officers whose preservation of safety trumps that of a criminal. Stop arguing, struggling, being difficult and combative and you have yourself a recipe for how to stay alive.

Agree.

Except it was the damn governor of the state, not just the local mayor.

Politicians have made a huge mess of all of this.

We can't fix societal problems like 70% single parent household issues (with all of the associated problems, documented in study after study after study) by making police take classes.

We need to find better ways to raise all kids in environments where there are good, consistent role models who engender senses of hope and self-respect. Too little of that, regardless of race, leads to these types of problems.

Governors and other politicians claiming or insinuating police are racist feed this beast.

Families of Philando Castile---"he follows the law and he doesn't have a criminal record". Nope. I guess so long as you're not a violent felon, you are considered a law-abiding citizen. This man had 55 traffic violations.

These things make a difference to a policeman who pulls someone over for a traffic violation.

Suppose I'm laughing hysterically while wearing a Chewbaca mask driving down the road and I run a stop sign. The policeman who pulls up behind me runs my license and sees that in 40 years of driving I don't have even one traffic violation. Not one (true story)! How he approaches this unknown race and gender person in a mask is going to be different than how he approaches a driver of any race who has 55 traffic violations on his record. That's just a fact.

Edited by Kelly Gruene

Agree.

Except it was the damn governor of the state, not just the local mayor.

Politicians have made a huge mess of all of this.

We can't fix societal problems like 70% single parent household issues (with all of the associated problems, documented in study after study after study) by making police take classes.

We need to find better ways to raise all kids in environments where there are good, consistent role models who engender senses of hope and self-respect. Too little of that, regardless of race, leads to these types of problems.

Governors and other politicians claiming or insinuating police are racist feed this beast.

Not just police though. When people bring up facts and statistics like the ones you mentioned they are also demonized and called racist. Character assassination is the quickest and most effective attack in their playbook. Forget about talking about actual policy and the facts, allege that someone's a racist and in an instant at least half the country won't listen to you. It's totally irresponsible and morally despicable to make those type of allegations without any basis in fact.

I cannot attest to the veracity of the following site. I just Googled the guy's name. Really really interesting if true.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/08/confirmed-philando-castile-was-an-armed-robbery-suspect-false-media-narrative-now-driving-cop-killings/

If any of this is true, perhaps it is will serve as evidence that we should not ever rush to judgement on the basis of a viral video. Ever.

Also, if any of this is true:

1) The Governor of Minnesota should

a) apologize for his calling the police racists

b) resign

c) if not (b) then he should be re-called by the citizens of the State of Minnesota

d) be held responsible in some way if either of the two officers who pulled Philando Castile over are harmed either professionally in their careers or personally by anyone looking to "get even".

2) The girlfriend should

a) be held responsible in some way for the execution of 5 Dallas policemen (fanciful thinking on my part)

b) be held responsible for any harm that may come to the policemen who pulled them over

c) go to jail forever if indeed she got those Newport cigarettes she's shown holding/smoking at the robbery

3) President Obama should

a) tell people not to react to video until facts are known (won't happen)

b) tell people to do what the police tell them to do when they are stopped or questioned (won't happen)

c) tell people that police are actually the good guys, there to protect people of all walks of life (might sort of happen)

d) not turn this into a gun control issue (won't happen; he's going to harp on this)

4) Hillary Clinton should

a-d) see above

5) Donald Trump should

a) quit saying crazy sh-- on the fly (won't happen)

b) tell the open-carry guys to leave their rifles at home rather than bring them to Cleveland (could happen)

c) clarify his position about guns in this country (might happen)

I'm done now. Sorry for going on. This stuff burns me up.

Edited by Kelly Gruene

I cannot attest to the veracity of the following site. I just Googled the guy's name. Really really interesting if true.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/08/confirmed-philando-castile-was-an-armed-robbery-suspect-false-media-narrative-now-driving-cop-killings/

If any of this is true, perhaps it is will serve as evidence that we should not ever rush to judgement on the basis of a viral video. Ever.

Also, if any of this is true:

1) The Governor of Minnesota should

a) apologize for his calling the police racists

b) resign

c) if not (b) then he should be re-called by the citizens of the State of Minnesota

d) be held responsible in some way if either of the two officers who pulled Philando Castile over are harmed either professionally in their careers or personally by anyone looking to "get even".

2) The girlfriend should

a) be held responsible in some way for the execution of 5 Dallas policemen (fanciful thinking on my part)

b) be held responsible for any harm that may come to the policemen who pulled them over

c) go to jail forever if indeed she got those Newport cigarettes she's shown holding/smoking at the robbery

3) President Obama should

a) tell people not to react to video until facts are known (won't happen)

b) tell people to do what the police tell them to do when they are stopped or questioned (won't happen)

c) tell people that police are actually the good guys, there to protect people of all walks of life (might sort of happen)

d) not turn this into a gun control issue (won't happen; he's going to harp on this)

4) Hillary Clinton should

a-d) see above

5) Donald Trump should

a) quit saying crazy sh-- on the fly (won't happen)

b) tell the open-carry guys to leave their rifles at home rather than bring them to Cleveland (could happen)

c) clarify his position about guns in this country (might happen)

I'm done now. Sorry for going on. This stuff burns me up.

I glanced at the site for a moment. That said I want to wait until the investigation is fully completed. It's in the best interest of all parties for that to happen.

I glanced at the site for a moment. That said I want to wait until the investigation is fully completed. It's in the best interest of all parties for that to happen.

No doubt.

I'm sure that that site doesn't tell the entire story exactly correctly either.

It does suggest that there's more to this than shown in the video.

Let all the evidence come out.

Don't convict anyone on the basis of a video or raw emotion.

Emotion got the better of me in my last post.

Not just police though. When people bring up facts and statistics like the ones you mentioned they are also demonized and called racist. Character assassination is the quickest and most effective attack in their playbook. Forget about talking about actual policy and the facts, allege that someone's a racist and in an instant at least half the country won't listen to you. It's totally irresponsible and morally despicable to make those type of allegations without any basis in fact.

Dallas and now Baton Rouge... It is truly frustrating how everything is playing out. The sad thing is the all the BS going around and no one in a position of influence are saying what needs to be said. Too much political correctness going on right now and it seems like the PC thing to do is blame the police.

Dallas and now Baton Rouge... It is truly frustrating how everything is playing out. The sad thing is the all the BS going around and no one in a position of influence are saying what needs to be said. Too much political correctness going on right now and it seems like the PC thing to do is blame the police.

Now we're mad about senseless killings? Funny how perspectives change when the victim looks like you.

Wrong is wrong no matter the color of your skin or uniform you are wearing. The sooner we accept that the sooner we can fix this problem.

Now we're mad about senseless killings? Funny how perspectives change when the victim looks like you.

Wrong is wrong no matter the color of your skin or uniform you are wearing. The sooner we accept that the sooner we can fix this problem.

So you are comparing the police shootings, which are still under investigation and haven't been deemed a good or bad shoot, to individuals knowingly laying in wait to assassinate police officers the victims of which have been of multiple ethnic backgrounds? Oh and in addition the assailants killing the police are putting the rest of the public at risk in order to fulfill their sick agenda or did you forget that the Dallas POS was firing at the officers who were protecting a BLM protest and two civilians were hit?

So in conclusion these instances are in no way similar.

So you are comparing the police shootings, which are still under investigation and haven't been deemed a good or bad shoot, to individuals knowingly laying in wait to assassinate police officers the victims of which have been of multiple ethnic backgrounds? Oh and in addition the assailants killing the police are putting the rest of the public at risk in order to fulfill their sick agenda or did you forget that the Dallas POS was firing at the officers who were protecting a BLM protest and two civilians were hit?

So in conclusion these instances are in no way similar.

I'm comparing all those shootings of unarmed African americans the last few years to the recent police shootings. Not just these latest two. That said i'm pretty sure how the investigation is gonna end. So they are similar. The difference is:

1)Those that shoot cops get killed or spend the rest of their lives in jail. Cops can kill at will and be home for dinner

2) There is nobody saying "lets wait for all the evidence to come in" when those guys killed the cops. We call it like it is and not protect someone just because their on your side. Again wrong is wrong

3)There are crowd funding sites set up for the shooters either.

I was gonna respond to your other longer post but this seems like a good spot.

It seems to me that ever since 911 people have been kissing the a$$ of police officers and some can't handle it. It goes to their head.

You chose the job and you can't quit if it's too much for you. You can be replaced. I can't perform surgery but I can damn sure be qualified to be a police in no time. Especially if I can shoot anyone that don't obey me.

I don't condone the shooting of these officers but I can wrap my head around that much easier then a cop shooting a kid playing with a toy gun.

It pisses me off that we had to get to this. At some point people were gonna get tired of marching without getting any results. Now you have innocent officers dying because the police chose to protect some incompetent barney fife who shouldn't be allowed to have flashlight much less a gun.

Listening to you guys you would think police are perfect. You make mistakes, you profile and if you can't admit that then I hope your head is not that far buried in the sand to see that these cop shootings will continue. And the good ones are gonna be the ones that suffer.

So how do we fix this? Police are being targeted now. It just seems silly to me that police were claiming unarmed men were making them "fear for their lives". Ambush shooters are what make you fear for you life.

So tell me how to fix it?