Dallas Shooting

I'm comparing all those shootings of unarmed African americans the last few years to the recent police shootings. Not just these latest two.

For the sake of clarity, are you describing the recent shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana as shooting of unarmed African Americans?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm comparing all those shootings of unarmed African americans the last few years to the recent police shootings. Not just these latest two. That said i'm pretty sure how the investigation is gonna end. So they are similar. The difference is:

1)Those that shoot cops get killed or spend the rest of their lives in jail. Cops can kill at will and be home for dinner

2) There is nobody saying "lets wait for all the evidence to come in" when those guys killed the cops. We call it like it is and not protect someone just because their on your side. Again wrong is wrong

3)There are crowd funding sites set up for the shooters either.

I was gonna respond to your other longer post but this seems like a good spot.

It seems to me that ever since 911 people have been kissing the a$$ of police officers and some can't handle it. It goes to their head.

You chose the job and you can't quit if it's too much for you. You can be replaced. I can't perform surgery but I can damn sure be qualified to be a police in no time. Especially if I can shoot anyone that don't obey me.

I don't condone the shooting of these officers but I can wrap my head around that much easier then a cop shooting a kid playing with a toy gun.

It pisses me off that we had to get to this. At some point people were gonna get tired of marching without getting any results. Now you have innocent officers dying because the police chose to protect some incompetent barney fife who shouldn't be allowed to have flashlight much less a gun.

Listening to you guys you would think police are perfect. You make mistakes, you profile and if you can't admit that then I hope your head is not that far buried in the sand to see that these cop shootings will continue. And the good ones are gonna be the ones that suffer.

So how do we fix this? Police are being targeted now. It just seems silly to me that police were claiming unarmed men were making them "fear for their lives". Ambush shooters are what make you fear for you life.

So tell me how to fix it?

So much to respond to, but its been said before, so I won't. Your mind is made up.

In the end you haven't been where I have been. Or know enough about my job to accurately say what really is or isn't going on. You said you could easily become a LEO, so to echo the words of the Dallas PD Chief, we are taking applications come join the ranks we are always looking. I will leave it at that.

I'm comparing all those shootings of unarmed African americans the last few years to the recent police shootings. Not just these latest two. That said i'm pretty sure how the investigation is gonna end. So they are similar. The difference is:

1)Those that shoot cops get killed or spend the rest of their lives in jail. Cops can kill at will and be home for dinner

2) There is nobody saying "lets wait for all the evidence to come in" when those guys killed the cops. We call it like it is and not protect someone just because their on your side. Again wrong is wrong

3)There are crowd funding sites set up for the shooters either.

I was gonna respond to your other longer post but this seems like a good spot.

It seems to me that ever since 911 people have been kissing the a$$ of police officers and some can't handle it. It goes to their head.

You chose the job and you can't quit if it's too much for you. You can be replaced. I can't perform surgery but I can damn sure be qualified to be a police in no time. Especially if I can shoot anyone that don't obey me.

I don't condone the shooting of these officers but I can wrap my head around that much easier then a cop shooting a kid playing with a toy gun.

It pisses me off that we had to get to this. At some point people were gonna get tired of marching without getting any results. Now you have innocent officers dying because the police chose to protect some incompetent barney fife who shouldn't be allowed to have flashlight much less a gun.

Listening to you guys you would think police are perfect. You make mistakes, you profile and if you can't admit that then I hope your head is not that far buried in the sand to see that these cop shootings will continue. And the good ones are gonna be the ones that suffer.

So how do we fix this? Police are being targeted now. It just seems silly to me that police were claiming unarmed men were making them "fear for their lives". Ambush shooters are what make you fear for you life.

So tell me how to fix it?

I appreciate you as a poster, but this post just seems like you've gone a bit off the deep end. "Cops can kill at will and be home for dinner".

Honestly, that's a statement for the ages.

Maybe cops can just mail it in for a while. Who cares about 911 calls anyways? Maybe it will give a little perspective when the violence reaches a fever pitch because no one is there to keep the peace. *shrug* I am surprised the police unions haven't started talking strike, I know I would.

So much to respond to, but its been said before, so I won't. Your mind is made up.

In the end you haven't been where I have been. Or know enough about my job to accurately say what really is or isn't going on. You said you could easily become a LEO, so to echo the words of the Dallas PD Chief, we are taking applications come join the ranks we are always looking. I will leave it at that.

I don't want to be a LEO. You guys complain so much about your job maybe you shouldn't be either. Not you personally.

Maybe cops can just mail it in for a while. Who cares about 911 calls anyways? Maybe it will give a little perspective when the violence reaches a fever pitch because no one is there to keep the peace. *shrug* I am surprised the police unions haven't started talking strike, I know I would.

When did cops become such babies that they won't do their job because someone was critcal of them? Give me a break.

What would happen to bk if he wouldn't coach because people had issues with him?

When did cops become such babies that they won't do their job because someone was critcal of them? Give me a break.

What would happen to bk if he wouldn't coach because people had issues with him?

BK doesn't have people pointing guns, and shooting, at him. Please, apples to apples, not apples to octopus.

I'm not certain about other depts but it's illegal for us to strike even during contract negotiations.

Need to apologize to jesse and the other officers on this board. Clearly i have strong feelings on this issue. I don't know any of you personally but I'm very observant. I was wound up pretty good looking for a fight and you didn't take the bait, you just let me vent.

So thanks for being the bigger person and once again I'm sorry for the insults and i appreciate what you do.

Just to be clear on this, I was not suggesting police strike because of hurt feelings, I suggested that they might consider striking as opposed to being lured into another ambush.