ND gets a 6 seed

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was lost on the boards. Vasturia was awful again. Hugest disappointment.

His Offensive game disappeared in the tournament. It's frustrating because ND everything you would expect them to do, UNC just didn't miss.

What a season, just ran into a team that can't be beat. I think North Carolina is the best team, their length and the way they can shoot is scary. We actually shot pretty good for a majority of the game... R.I.P Syracuse.

We return alot but if Jackson leaves I don't see us being all that good. He put on a display so if that was his last game here it definitely helps his draft stock.

The lack of size is killing this team, unfortunately no reinforcements on the way. We don't have any big guys who've proven themselves and no bigtime recruits.

I see the only big guy left on the board is Thon Maker, do we even have a legit chance with him?

My fears from Wisconsin were realized, we just couldn't handle them on the boards and they shot the lights out on top of it. Wings and guards didn't help much on the glass and they were boxing out space v finding a man to box. No shame in losing to a motivated UNC team, they are very tough this year.

Jackson is a stud, hope we can get him back. Rotate Ryan, Jackson, Pleuger and Gibbs (I don't love Farrell but he's solid).

Yep...and honestly most players should with the new rule. Beachem should as well tbh.

Agreed. I'm confident Beachem will comeback, less confident about Jackson. He's shown flashes that could bump him into the lottery. If he falls out of that range, I expect him to return.

So Jackson is gone... to bad but he will be a top ten pick wish him all the best. Beachem could leave too, you don't see tall guys like him who can shoot the three. I think he'll come back he can turn into a first round pick with another year and could work on his rebounding.

I don't see a ton of big guys on the roster to fill Auguste's role and help us with rebounding. Hopefully Burns and Geben can emerge next season.

LasVegas you think either of Geben or Burns will step up next season?

Jackson isn't gone as of yet. He hasn't signed with an agent. The entire Kentucky bball team declared for the draft walk-ons and all, and more of them are coming back.

That being said Jackson should definitely leave. I'd love to see him back, but he's got to do what's best for him. We saw with Jaylon how one unlucky step can possibly ruin a long successful career.

So Jackson is gone... to bad but he will be a top ten pick wish him all the best. Beachem could leave too, you don't see tall guys like him who can shoot the three. I think he'll come back he can turn into a first round pick with another year and could work on his rebounding.

I don't see a ton of big guys on the roster to fill Auguste's role and help us with rebounding. Hopefully Burns and Geben can emerge next season.

LasVegas you think either of Geben or Burns will step up next season?

I'm really high on Burns personally. Everything I've read said he's a beast in practice. I'm less confident in Geben, but Brey does have a track record with big men in their third year so we will have to see.

Also, if DJ leaves I think Brey will make a strong push for a fifth year big man to help fill that role. If DJ returns, I wouldn't count out landing Maker.

So apparently we're in n 5 star centre Jarrett Allen. I assume the recent success has definitely helped us with this because I thought we only had Maker on the board.

Can you chime in LV?

I've always thought Maker was a more realistic option mainly because he has shown more interest in his interviews.

However, Allen has never eliminated ND and insists they are still in it, so it's definitely worth monitoring. If I'm those two and I see the recent success of the team and the opening that Auguste is leaving, I'd be thinking strongly about ND as well.