ND gets a 6 seed

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For so many tourney blunders under Brey that is 2 straight years in the sweet sixteen! Huge props to him, that should help with recruiting bigtime as well.

I like that Thon Maker kid we could use his size.

Jackson would be foolish to go pro. He's at best a late first rounder.

It's like you guys just make stuff up. All the mocks I've seen have him going in the 10-15 range. That doesn't mean he couldn't slip, but there aren't many NBA point guards that could dunk like he did today.

Now to today's game.

1) Great win. I knew early it was going to be close from the way they were letting SFA play D. Early time we had the ball they're defenders hand their hands all over us, which the refs are supposed to call more this year, but good on SFA for figuring out how the game was going to be called early and using it to their advantage.

2) Zach F'ing Auguste ladies and gentleman. Rex may have hit the game winner, but Zach was the MVP of the 2nd half after VJ kept the team afloat in the first half.

3) May have been ugly, but we are still alive. Let's hope and pray for a Wisconsin victory tonight so we don't have to play Xavier.

It's like you guys just make stuff up. All the mocks I've seen have him going in the 10-15 range. That doesn't mean he couldn't slip, but there aren't many NBA point guards that could dunk like he did today.

Now to today's game.

1) Great win. I knew early it was going to be close from the way they were letting SFA play D. Early time we had the ball they're defenders hand their hands all over us, which the refs are supposed to call more this year, but good on SFA for figuring out how the game was going to be called early and using it to their advantage.

2) Zach F'ing Auguste ladies and gentleman. Rex may have hit the game winner, but Zach was the MVP of the 2nd half after VJ kept the team afloat in the first half.

3) May have been ugly, but we are still alive. Let's hope and pray for a Wisconsin victory tonight so we don't have to play Xavier.

Agreed on ZA, he's the heart and soul of this team. Without him this team wouldn't even make the NIT, and how about Beachum playing lights out.

I'll say it again though Vasturia is going to cost us a game if he keeps up these stupid turnovers.

Agreed on ZA, he's the heart and soul of this team. Without him this team wouldn't even make the NIT, and how about Beachum playing lights out.

I'll say it again though Vasturia is going to cost us a game if he keeps up these stupid turnovers.

He had 3 TOs today, which is about 3 more than I'd like him to have, but SFA forces the most TOs in the nation. They forced more than 20 against WV 2 days ago and ND only turned it over 13 times today, only 3 above their season average. I wouldn't mind him having 3 TOs if he was shooting better. I'm really starting to think he has some sort of nagging injury. I don't know what it could be, but he went from being a knockdown shooter and crafty driver to our 5th-6th scoring option.

I thought ND played about as good as they could today, and totally deserved the W!

Jackson, Beach and Auguste played incredibly well. If you would have told me before the season started that ND would make the sweet 16, I definitely would have called your bluff. Impressive!

Also I have only watched about half the games this season but where has Farrell been? I must have only seen him about a handful of times but see his time has increased tenfold in this tourney.

I like what I see from him, great ballahndler, can dish and isn't a bad shooter.

My thoughts on DJ are pretty simple.

If he leaves for the NBA I think he's a lottery pick. For him it's just a confidence thing. Sometimes he hovers around the 3 point line and refuses to drive to the basket. He's impossible to stop when he wants to be.

With that said, just because he's a lottery pick doesn't mean he will leave early...and there are a few reasons behind that. 1) I think he will be the first to tell you he struggled for a good portion of this year and can improve as a player. 2) If he stays, this team is poised for another deep run similar to last year.

Scouts rave about him. I get what you guys are saying, but his draft status has not gotten worse, it's actually gotten better.