Do you tip?

Had a great meal last night. The waitress wasn't all that attentive. looked like she had some regulars there and spent a lot of time yucking it up with them. They could be big tippers who knows.

Despite that, the food was excellent and because of it I tipped pretty good. Now I wonder if I should have tipped the chef? They cooked the food, the waitress just brings it out. Is tipping the cook a thing?

Do you always tip the same or do you let the service and/or food determine what you leave?

Had a great meal last night. The waitress wasn't all that attentive. looked like she had some regulars there and spent a lot of time yucking it up with them. They could be big tippers who knows.

Despite that, the food was excellent and because of it I tipped pretty good. Now I wonder if I should have tipped the chef? They cooked the food, the waitress just brings it out. Is tipping the cook a thing?

Do you always tip the same or do you let the service and/or food determine what you leave?

I bartended my way through college so I am prone to over-tipping. Unless you **** in my food, you will get 20% from me.

I don't tip the Starbucks, smoothie, or Subway guy. Every bozo in the food industry has a tip jar now. That has gone too far.

• Heart 1

I regularly tip 15-20% when eating out unless the service was really bad. If the food is bad, I send it back and ask for a credit on the bill. Never ask for it to be redone. Tip 10-20% at the bar depending on how attentive the bartender is to my empty glass. Delivery boy/gal gets about 10%. Never tip the coffee or Subway person

Generally tip 15-30 percent depending on how good the food/service is. I have stiffed a waiter/waitress probably 4-5 times in my life. That has only happened when service is awful or they were rude.

Who do you tip at the local the Home Towne Buffet?

I know how bad food service sucks and how bad it sucks being undertipped so I generally tip 20 percent. If the server is bad or the food is bad I will do 15. If something is terrible I will do less. I know it sounds cliche, but if you tip 20 percent when the person sucks, are you helping them to improve or perpetuating the bad service?

Who do you tip at the local the Home Towne Buffet?

We only have the Golden Corral here for special occasions. I like to take the wife there for our anniversary, but I won't tip and the wife has to drink water so I can enjoy an ice cold Busch light and sirloin steak smothered in ketchup. After that we take a trip to dollar general and I let her pick out a gift from the 5 dollar shelf. Chivalry isn't dead.

We only have the Golden Corral here for special occasions. I like to take the wife there for our anniversary, but I won't tip and the wife has to drink water so I can enjoy an ice cold Busch light and sirloin steak smothered in ketchup. After that we take a trip to dollar general and I let her pick out a gift from the 5 dollar shelf. Chivalry isn't dead.

LOLOLOL

Buffet places I will usually leave a couple of dollars per person for the bussers. I keep them busy. If I am at Bacchanal in Vegas or some really nice buffet like that, $5 each.

Home Town Buffet is the grossest fuc(k!ng restaurant ever. The quality of the food is utterly atrocious. The "BBQ" really is some barely legal thing that looks like a rib covered in ketchup/Tabasco. The shriimp I am sure is gold fish. I wouldn't eat there for free. I had it once and never again.

Edited by DamshaBua

Yes. Generally 15-20%. If service is outstanding a little more than that and vice versa. Eating out is a serious hobby here in OKC. I've met servers who make more waiting tables than using their degree in their respective fields (engineering, business, etc.) Not tipping at all unless blatantly disrespected is pretty bad.

I know how bad food service sucks and how bad it sucks being undertipped so I generally tip 20 percent. If the server is bad or the food is bad I will do 15. If something is terrible I will do less. I know it sounds cliche, but if you tip 20 percent when the person sucks, are you helping them to improve or perpetuating the bad service?

If the food is bad, why punish the server? And why reward the server for good food?

I'm rethinking the whole tip stuff.

If the food is bad, why punish the server? And why reward the server for good food?

My wife has told me when she was a waitress they spilt their tips with the cooks and bus staff, so you are tipping everyone involved with your tip. Is that standard in most restaurants?

Depends on where you live. Here in the Northwest servers make our min wage of 9.75$ an he. So the tip goes to the whole staff. Often times the cooks make a similar amount.

Depends on where you live. Here in the Northwest servers make our min wage of 9.75$ an he. So the tip goes to the whole staff. Often times the cooks make a similar amount.

Yeah, I think that most of the time tips are split in a traditional restaurant, might differ at IHOP and such, don't know. I know I had to split with everyone when I was in food service, tip out the cooks, busboys, etc...

I generally tip 20%, if the service is bad I will drop it to 10-15% depending on how bad it is.

I had dinner with a co-worker once and he paid, the service was very bad. He left $1.00 to make a point. I wouldn't do that but he said by leaving $1.00 he made the server aware that they needed to do a better job in the future.

I usually "flip" my server for the bill. I say Double or nothing it's heads. 95% of the time, I win 100% of the time because it's a double headed coin.

Credit card roulette for tabs with a group of friends is awesome . . . until the server draws your card. We had a rule that you could not lose twice in a row. If you lost one night, you were exempt the next time.

My buddy got stuck with one for $750 one on a night in New Orleans during a bachelor party weekend. There were 4 of us. We at least threw in $50 each for the tip.