Notre Dame vs Wichita St Thread

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about that run after we went down 1? Great TO call and there must have been some incredible pep talk in those 60 seconds.

DJ was the man last night. Future doesn't look to bad after this year, either.

Hopefully this can spur on some good recruiting pick ups.

some comments from Wichita st fans I saw on ndnation

Direct quotes from Shockernet.net:

Pre-game comments:

"ND won the ACC tourney, but I they played the #319(!) non-con SOS based on RPIForecast. Their single non-con loss was to Providence on a neutral by 1. ND was overrated all year."

"Not sure either Vasturia or Connaghton can really guard Baker or Cotton though."

"We just took Kenpom #12/NCAA RPI #3 out behind the woodshed yesterday for an old-fashioned whoop-***. We have Kenpom #10/NCAA RPI #16 up next. We sit at #9/#17 (respectively). Totally a recipe for a blowout... "

Early in the game:

"Who is this team??"

"Whew! Not throwing in the towel. Still pumped from Sunday, but this is getting ugly."

"I like our shot selection though... but ouch."

"We are going to have to work to keep them under 100."

Early 2nd Half:

"They're within reach. We aren't going to shoot this bad in half 2. "

"Bad news. ND is good for sure. Good news. We got them where we want them now. We will win. Nuff said."

"Hey WORLD. Guess who came back. Guess who's ahead."

During NDs Explosive 2nd Half run:

"Goddammit! Guard the ****ing arc!"

"ND hitting everything again. Looks like it's their run for a little bit here."

"Not to sound like a douche hat (aka CBB), but I'm starting to lose my warm and fuzzy..."

"Game of runs. Theirs need to stop. Ours needs to start."

"That has to be the Timeout of the Year for HCMB... "

"They are us! Tough as hell. "

"Gotta be shitting me with a 3 with one second on the clock. "

"Getting schooled at our game. Tough and smart."

Late 2nd Half:

"I can't even be upset. These ND guys are unbelievably talented. "

"Oh hell no. Me either. This is a heck of a team we are playing."

"Give credit to ND's D. They're playing the best D against the Shox I've seen this year. "

"Can't even complain about the officiating."

"Now we're just getting curb stomped."

"ND is shooting like 85% in the 2nd half. They're unconscious. No amount of defense can stop this. When the other team doesn't miss, you lose. Simple as that. "

"ND is scary good. Beating Duke twice and UNC twice is no small feat. I pray they shoot like this against Kentucky..."

"Tremendous play by ND. Best defense I've seen them play all year, combined with poor shooting on our part. And man their offense is fun when it clicks like this."

"Sometimes the only reaction is to shake your opponent's hand and congratulate them.

"When you get to this stage of the season, any team that nails its' A game is going to win and make their opponent look bad. Compared to ND, we look bad. "

"There's no shame in losing to ND. This is a far better team than I knew "

"Notre Dame would have beaten Kentucky tonight. Not even a question. "

"Man, how many times have they drilled a shot at the buzzer now, in the face of great defense?"

" ND looked like a real badass tonight. I'm alright with that if they do it vs UK as well.... no pressure "

"Congrats to ND. They played tremendous. Fun team and deserves the win. "

"The better team won. ND shoots 50 percent for the year and shot a little above that again. It's hard to beat teams that are so damn accurate."

"I'm pretty sure they could've beaten the Cavs tonight. "

"Between 16:41 and 4:36, Notre Dame went 15-17. 88%. Went from a one point deficit to a 19 point lead, and the game was over. That's ridiculous unguarded."

"All you can do is tip your cap at that point because the 85 Bears can't stop a team when they flip a switch like that. "

"ND played really well for about 30 minutes tonight. In fact, nearly perfect. If they play nearly perfect for 30-35 minutes every game the rest of the tournament, they won't lose. "

"Now I understand how ND defeated NC and Duke."

"I really think that ND beats us 7-8 times out of 10. Maybe more. Just a ridiculously well-oiled machine. The cliche fits them perfectly.

"That is the first team we've played in 4-5 years that I would pick to beat us over 70% of the time. I can't even think of the last team I would say that about off the top of my head. "

"Congrats to Notre Dame. They were outstanding tonight. I'll be rooting for the Irish the rest of the way."

some comments from Wichita st fans I saw on ndnation

Direct quotes from Shockernet.net:

Pre-game comments:

"ND won the ACC tourney, but I they played the #319(!) non-con SOS based on RPIForecast. Their single non-con loss was to Providence on a neutral by 1. ND was overrated all year."

"Not sure either Vasturia or Connaghton can really guard Baker or Cotton though."

"We just took Kenpom #12/NCAA RPI #3 out behind the woodshed yesterday for an old-fashioned whoop-***. We have Kenpom #10/NCAA RPI #16 up next. We sit at #9/#17 (respectively). Totally a recipe for a blowout... "

Early in the game:

"Who is this team??"

"Whew! Not throwing in the towel. Still pumped from Sunday, but this is getting ugly."

"I like our shot selection though... but ouch."

"We are going to have to work to keep them under 100."

Early 2nd Half:

"They're within reach. We aren't going to shoot this bad in half 2. "

"Bad news. ND is good for sure. Good news. We got them where we want them now. We will win. Nuff said."

"Hey WORLD. Guess who came back. Guess who's ahead."

During NDs Explosive 2nd Half run:

"Goddammit! Guard the ****ing arc!"

"ND hitting everything again. Looks like it's their run for a little bit here."

"Not to sound like a douche hat (aka CBB), but I'm starting to lose my warm and fuzzy..."

"Game of runs. Theirs need to stop. Ours needs to start."

"That has to be the Timeout of the Year for HCMB... "

"They are us! Tough as hell. "

"Gotta be shitting me with a 3 with one second on the clock. "

"Getting schooled at our game. Tough and smart."

Late 2nd Half:

"I can't even be upset. These ND guys are unbelievably talented. "

"Oh hell no. Me either. This is a heck of a team we are playing."

"Give credit to ND's D. They're playing the best D against the Shox I've seen this year. "

"Can't even complain about the officiating."

"Now we're just getting curb stomped."

"ND is shooting like 85% in the 2nd half. They're unconscious. No amount of defense can stop this. When the other team doesn't miss, you lose. Simple as that. "

"ND is scary good. Beating Duke twice and UNC twice is no small feat. I pray they shoot like this against Kentucky..."

"Tremendous play by ND. Best defense I've seen them play all year, combined with poor shooting on our part. And man their offense is fun when it clicks like this."

"Sometimes the only reaction is to shake your opponent's hand and congratulate them.

"When you get to this stage of the season, any team that nails its' A game is going to win and make their opponent look bad. Compared to ND, we look bad. "

"There's no shame in losing to ND. This is a far better team than I knew "

"Notre Dame would have beaten Kentucky tonight. Not even a question. "

"Man, how many times have they drilled a shot at the buzzer now, in the face of great defense?"

" ND looked like a real badass tonight. I'm alright with that if they do it vs UK as well.... no pressure "

"Congrats to ND. They played tremendous. Fun team and deserves the win. "

"The better team won. ND shoots 50 percent for the year and shot a little above that again. It's hard to beat teams that are so damn accurate."

"I'm pretty sure they could've beaten the Cavs tonight. "

"Between 16:41 and 4:36, Notre Dame went 15-17. 88%. Went from a one point deficit to a 19 point lead, and the game was over. That's ridiculous unguarded."

"All you can do is tip your cap at that point because the 85 Bears can't stop a team when they flip a switch like that. "

"ND played really well for about 30 minutes tonight. In fact, nearly perfect. If they play nearly perfect for 30-35 minutes every game the rest of the tournament, they won't lose. "

"Now I understand how ND defeated NC and Duke."

"I really think that ND beats us 7-8 times out of 10. Maybe more. Just a ridiculously well-oiled machine. The cliche fits them perfectly.

"That is the first team we've played in 4-5 years that I would pick to beat us over 70% of the time. I can't even think of the last team I would say that about off the top of my head. "

"Congrats to Notre Dame. They were outstanding tonight. I'll be rooting for the Irish the rest of the way."

Nice to see fans that can admit when they are wrong from the pre game talk. Not many do that.