ND Womens Basketball

Everyone should follow the girls more than boys. A lot more exciting and they actually make it late in the tourney. Even though they lost Diggins, this team could be more dangerous than last year. Also, the giant man stalk isn't at Baylor which helps. If you do watch games on UND.com, the announcers do suck and it's hard to listen to the game.

"Make it late in the tourney" is a bit of an understatement. They have been in the final four the last three years. They went to the Championship game twice, and last year, although they lost in the semis, they were clearly the second best team in the nation. And for the year, they went 3-1 against that championship team.

Coach McGraw has proven herself to be one of the greatest coaches ever. And it would not surprise me if the Irish won another one or two championships under her tutelage.

nw22350336j:iphone

Natalie Achonwa, standing, bumped into my class while were touring a couple years ago just days after ND lost to Texas Tech (70-76) in the NCAA championship game. I recognized her and introduced her to my class, and she appeared to be very down to earth and gracious.

"Make it late in the tourney" is a bit of an understatement. They have been in the final four the last three years. They went to the Championship game twice, and last year, although they lost in the semis, they were clearly the second best team in the nation. And for the year, they went 3-1 against that championship team.

Coach McGraw has proven herself to be one of the greatest coaches ever. And it would not surprise me if the Irish won another one or two championships under her tutelage.

nw22350336j:iphone

Natalie Achonwa, standing, bumped into my class while were touring a couple years ago just days after ND lost to Texas Tech (70-76) in the NCAA championship game. I recognized her and introduced her to my class, and she appeared to be very down to earth and gracious.

It was Texas A&M 2Lakes, not Tech. We were cheated by the refs in that game. No doubt should have won the title.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's woman's basketball......Does anyone really follow it?? I mean, come on....it's woman's basketball!

I follow it. These girls are really exciting to watch, too. I used to not care and I really don't follow the WNBA, but these Muffet McGraw coached teams as of late (and I say that remembering the Ruth Riley days, just different style now with heavy guard play) have been really exciting to watch. Alley-oops, three pointers, stifling defense, excellent shooting & passing...etc. ND is definitely fun to watch!