Nd mbb 2013-14

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iowa couldn't miss in the first half. They have a really nice team with a ton of guys who can score them. I think they will make some noise in the big 10. This looks like a typical ND team. Around 20 wins and an early exist in the tourney. D. Jackson showed some flashes tonight which is promising.

Iowa couldn't miss in the first half. They have a really nice team with a ton of guys who can score them. I think they will make some noise in the big 10. This looks like a typical ND team. Around 20 wins and an early exist in the tourney. D. Jackson showed some flashes tonight which is promising.

Agreed. Iowa shot about as good as you could. I only hope ND can continue to improve. I like the lineup, but I would like to see Jackson run the point a little more. Although, Atkins limits the turnovers, he just isn't that good IMO. Never been a big fan of his.

Atkins had 23 have to say that's pretty good and he doesn't turn the ball over. The problem is defense Iowa had tons of rebounds and easy baskets, not hard to score when you lay it in, and of course the FG percentage looks nice then.

He consistently misses easy buckets and is awful from the line. This has been something I have observed his whole career, not just yesterday.

It all starts at the top. Isn't it funny how every year Brey makes his team same.

He consistently misses easy buckets and is awful from the line. This has been something I have observed his whole career, not just yesterday.

Do you think it might have something to do with the fact he plays almost 40 min. every game? I do.

Will anyone else be happy when Atkins is gone??

Atkins isn't bad. I will be happy when BREY is gone.

I am going to give you some numbers ... 32, 33, 33, 36, and 39.

These are the minutes the 5 starters got. Really, Brey is an Idiot. These shooters are dead at the end of games and at the end of the year.

I think you would be happier with Atkins if he was used better.

Atkins isn't bad. I will be happy when BREY is gone.

I am going to give you some numbers ... 32, 33, 33, 36, and 39.

These are the minutes the 5 starters got. Really, Brey is an Idiot. These shooters are dead at the end of games and at the end of the year.

I think you would be happier with Atkins if he was used better.

Maybe so, but I see this at beginning of games, not just the end of games. Beginning of seasons, not just end of seasons.

He has been a productive player for ND for all four years, there is no disputing that, but I have not seen the growth in his game I thought I would see freshman year until now. He is still poor from the line, and whenever he drives to the basket with pressure he seems to get rattled and miss. When he drives I always know what to expect. It is sad that I have to be surprised when he makes a contested layup.

Maybe so, but I see this at beginning of games, not just the end of games. Beginning of seasons, not just end of seasons.

He has been a productive player for ND for all four years, there is no disputing that, but I have not seen the growth in his game I thought I would see freshman year until now. He is still poor from the line, and whenever he drives to the basket with pressure he seems to get rattled and miss. When he drives I always know what to expect. It is sad that I have to be surprised when he makes a contested layup.

In a way he's Tommy Rees?

I just got to watch the ND/Iowa game. Overall, I thought ND looked pretty solid. The Sherminator had a great offensive game and Grant showed some good athleticism. They definitely have potential. The biggest thing I see with this team, is just what BKTM said...depth. Brey needs to use the bench more. He needs to develop the whole team and get more people involved.

I love Brey as a person, but yes he doesn't know how to expand the depth chart. Vasteria and Beacham are some talented players who need minutes. Plus when I see students never come to games anymore and can barely get 5k to come its pathetic.

Agreed. Brey has always been dumb when it comes to utilizing his depth. Vasturia and Beachem are extremely talented and should defintiely be seeing court time.

I just got to watch the ND/Iowa game. Overall, I thought ND looked pretty solid. The Sherminator had a great offensive game and Grant showed some good athleticism. They definitely have potential. The biggest thing I see with this team, is just what BKTM said...depth. Brey needs to use the bench more. He needs to develop the whole team and get more people involved.

The gave up 98 friggin points.

I hate to say this as a season ticket holder, but I don't think Notre Dame cares about the Men's BB program. The students don't go to 75% of the games. They barely get 100 students. ND has priced tickets so that local families can't afford it. So, the locals don't show up and the place is a tomb for much of the season. Brey has proven he's a 1 and done tournament coach, but ND does not care to replace him. Overall, the program is in the pits.