Wussification of America's youth

If you don't like it, don't let your kids play. I am sorry about what happened to your friends but there is an inherent risk in letting them play. Just like driving to work. If you don't want to risk getting in a accident, stay home...

This is the problem here.

totally agree with ya.

I just think you can learn football at the younger ages and not put on pads till freshman year.

And the driving thing is a little iffy comparison.

You have to take some form of transportation to get to work to make money. Car, bus or train. Accidents happen.

Little kids playing full contact football doesn't really improve anyone's life and the necessity for it compared to the risk might be too great.

But I promise, I only recently started thinking about not letting my kids play full pad football at young age.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

totally agree with ya.

I just think you can learn football at the younger ages and not put on pads till freshman year.

And the driving thing is a little iffy comparison.

You have to take some form of transportation to get to work to make money. Car, bus or train. Accidents happen.

Little kids playing full contact football doesn't really improve anyone's life and the necessity for it compared to the risk might be too great.

But I promise, I only recently started thinking about not letting my kids play full pad football at young age.

So they don't learn how to tackle until 9th grade? Isn't that one of the biggest problems? That kids aren't being taught to properly tackle?

So they don't learn how to tackle until 9th grade? Isn't that one of the biggest problems? That kids aren't being taught to properly tackle?

it doesnt take 5-7 years to learn how to tackle.

and id bet many coaches are telling players how to tackle.

whether they do it or not?

do we think coaches say "alright guys, u want to launch yourself helmet first into the guys head."

there is big problems these days with grown men and head injuries and prolonged health problems. so being young and getting your bell rung is better?

was never an issue before the "wussification" because there was a pandemic of "ignoranceification"

we didnt know long term problems related to repeated head traumas.

so why start them sooner? cant you lower the risk at least?

do you think you will enjoy the game less if players dont put on pads till freshman year? if everyone is doing it, there wont be a competitive advantage.

youth programs are started sooner to gain competitive advantages later.

• 2 weeks later...

PJ&J is racist

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/15414/

“Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year,” the Tribune said.

“What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?” Gutierrez asked. “Another way would be to say: ‘Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?’ Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.”

…The Tribune noted that the school started the new year with “intensive staff trainings, frequent staff meetings, classroom observations and other initiatives,” to help educators understand their own “white privilege,” in order to “change their teaching practices to boost minority students’ performance.”"Last Wednesday, the first day of the school year for staff, for example, the first item of business for teachers at Scott School was to have a Courageous Conversation — to examine a news article and discuss the ‘white privilege’ it conveys,” the Tribune added.