Recommended TV shows

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad Men and Downton Abbey

I tried Downton Abbey last week. It was another one of those shows that had no allure for me. I tried it because others raved about it.

I got hooked almost from the get go. I have already ordered season two from the library. I am really excited about it. When the discs come in, it means I have a guaranteed 10 hours or so of enjoyment at my fingertips.

I bet Downton Abbey is a favorite of couples. It definitely has that feel to it where both genders can find something interesting in it.

We're a few episodes into Season 4 of The Wire. Amazing TV show, I can't think of anything that stands on its own quite so well, outside of *maybe* Breaking Bad. Can't wait to finish it.

And this season of Game of Thrones? Excellent stuff, waiting to watch the finale tonight with the wife.

The Wire and the Sopranos are the two shows that usually top the charts in olls for the all time best TV series. The Wire was addictive for me until the last season when I thought it lost something.

The Wire and the Sopranos are the two shows that usually top the charts in olls for the all time best TV series. The Wire was addictive for me until the last season when I thought it lost something.

I'll go with that. The Sopranos I can watch over and over, great show. And Omar from The Wire is one of the best characters going.

I'll go with that. The Sopranos I can watch over and over, great show. And Omar from The Wire is one of the best characters going.

Omar was a great character. Bubbles was as well. Amazing show.

Heres a few others that i like to watch that i didnt see anyone else post while i was reading through the thread.

Homeland on showtime, season three starts in september

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1796960/?ref_=sr_1

Falling skies on TNT, season three started last night

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462059/?ref_=sr_1

Banshee on Cinemax, season two is filming (same creators of true blood)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2017109/?ref_=sr_1

Arrow on CW, season two starts in october.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2193021/?ref_=sr_1

Posted the imdb link with them for anyone that is interested. Figured that would be easier that trying to type out my own summary for each one

• 2 weeks later...

Someone early on said Justified was a great show. I looked it up. Miami federal Marshall gets a little to mavericky and gets sent back to his Kentucky home.

Did not sound like my cup of tea. I tried it anyway.

It has been really good so far. I think it is because the characters are just really colorful. It has the dark somber feel of that movie Winter's Bone but it is more humorous and a bit lighter. Good guys are winning so far. I like that.

I am still stunned at how many good shows are out there.

Try the mini series Hatfields and McCoys with Kevin Costner and Bill Paxson.......it's available on Netflix.......Violent as hell, but really good........

It was a great min series! Well done. The ending freaked me out.

It was a great min series! Well done. The ending freaked me out.

Okay. I just ordered it from the library so I will try it. No waiting list though on a 2012 mini series. That is not a good endorsement but if it doesn't capture me, well I do not have to finish it.

I wondered what happened to Costner. His star was burning bright before Waterworld.

Okay. I just ordered it from the library so I will try it. No waiting list though on a 2012 mini series. That is not a good endorsement but if it doesn't capture me, well I do not have to finish it.

I wondered what happened to Costner. His star was burning bright before Waterworld.

After the flop of Waterworld his acting choices were questionable. The Postman , Tin Cup, Message in a Bottle :puke: Open Range and The Gaurdian were pretty good though. I think he is going the Clint Eastwood route now. Directing and Producing.

Breaking Bad was good for awhile but I got tired of it a bit during season 3 I think. I think that is in part because I engage in binge marathon watching these shows since I get full seasons from the library or 3 episodes at a time form Netflix.

I started watching it again and I am now on season 5. I do not believe that I have ever seen a show where characters have changed in personality so much. I am almost tempted to re-watch season one. Then, I would compare Walter, Skyler and Jesse then and now.

Conversely, Walter Jr., Hank and Marie are just about the same people.

Contrast that to Dexter where the characters almost never evolved it seemed to me.

I do not believe that I have ever seen a show where characters have changed in personality so much.

Weeds?

You see shows where characters attempt to change in personality but eventually revert back to their roles...like Tony Soprano. Anytime you got the good guy vibe, it was quickly followed with a violent scene.

I also really enjoyed Hatfields and McCoys. Tom Berenger did a good job as well.

Weeds?

You see shows where characters attempt to change in personality but eventually revert back to their roles...like Tony Soprano. Anytime you got the good guy vibe, it was quickly followed with a violent scene.

I also really enjoyed Hatfields and McCoys. Tom Berenger did a good job as well.

There were some changes in Weeds. The youngest son went from innocent to psycho. Huge change. I guess Nancy Botwin did as well.

I really loved that show and I am sorry it has ended. There were some really sterling actors in that cast.

There were some changes in Weeds. The youngest son went from innocent to psycho. Huge change. I guess Nancy Botwin did as well.

I really loved that show and I am sorry it has ended. There were some really sterling actors in that cast.

Towards the end I really only watched because of Andy and Doug (Kevin Nealon)