Recommended TV shows

piratey, you were right. Tennant was amazing as a Doctor. About Davies vs. Moffat. I think that Moffat is better when it comes to single episode but I prefer how Davies was creating story arcs. I think that Moffat like Abrams thinks to much about twists and sometimes is getting lost in mysteries.

I like Clara. She is cute and feisty like Amy Pond but for now is much better written. I also really like Matt Smith as a Doctor. He's amazing in a threatening speeches and all those scenes when we see how old is he.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

piratey, you were right. Tennant was amazing as a Doctor. About Davies vs. Moffat. I think that Moffat is better when it comes to single episode but I prefer how Davies was creating story arcs. I think that Moffat like Abrams thinks to much about twists and sometimes is getting lost in mysteries.

I like Clara. She is cute and feisty like Amy Pond but for now is much better written. I also really like Matt Smith as a Doctor. He's amazing in a threatening speeches and all those scenes when we see how old is he.

My only complaint with Clara at this point is the general direction of the season thus far. Moffat, said he wanted to approach each episode this season as having it's own kind of "Hollywood blockbuster" feel. I think the general aimlessness of the series post-Pond's has been kind of a disappointment. He really hit a climax in the lead up to and the episode "A good man goes to war"

Though from what I've heard, a Tenant/Smith teamup episode coming to commemorate the 50th anniversary for the Christmas Special this year(Rose is in it too):

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/styles/media_gallery_image/public/tennant-and-smith-50th-anniversary-filming.jpg

But before that is the teaser for the season finale...

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/80/22/8022faf36ee33f25fcc81dcc66154e2f.jpg?itok=aJKqicxO

River Song is in it(I would assume this is how she gets the sonic screw driver)

Edited by piratey

• 2 weeks later...
We love it. What an awesome show.

I have seen more thumbs up than thumbs down for Shameless so I am going to give it a try. It just seems like such a gloomy subject. I have seen how alcoholism can negatively impact families. Hopefully, it has some uplifting moments.

I am probably two months out in line at the library for it for season one. That is a very good sign.

It is weird but season one of a show usually has a long line at the library if it is popular. The line often gets less for season 2 and then 3 so that tells me it isn't for everyone. If it is really popular then the long line continues each season. Sometimes it is really popular for awhile and then people just get tired of it by season 5, 6 etc. It is the jump the shark phenomenon.

Shameless season 1 has 65 holds but season 2 has 32 holds. We will see.

Season 7 ended fantasticly for Doctor Who (: Last two episodes were the best of the season.

Anywho, the following applies to this thread. (Have I posted these somewhere already? I mean I have posted, literally, thousands of pictures...thousands...)

http://i.imgur.com/UwlmOU1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/az1N38Q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3d2HovT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hdx8UCa.jpg

Try the mini series Hatfields and McCoys with Kevin Costner and Bill Paxson.......it's available on Netflix.......Violent as hell, but really good........

Yep, this was really good.

Anyone catch the Ken Burns' PBS special on the Dust Bowl? I saw the first part and it was good.

Season 7 ended fantasticly for Doctor Who (: Last two episodes were the best of the season.

Yep, TNotT was really good episode. Moreover, it was surprisingly good episode. But... :) I think that it would be even better if it wasn't 40 minutes trailer of anniversary episode. ;) Matt Smith is a hell of an actor. JLC is amazing (Robb Stark is a lucky bastard ;)). Her great acting makes Clara so fun to watch. I loved "little Daleks" and Clara's chat with River Song during "conference call". And Strax... :) he is my favorite comic relief Doctor Who character.

Edited by Krsta

Yep, this was really good.

Anyone catch the Ken Burns' PBS special on the Dust Bowl? I saw the first part and it was good.

No but thanks for pointing it out. I read the book on it that came out 4 or 5 years ago and it is an incredible story. I have also not seen the Ken Burns one on Prohibition which looks pretty good as well.

I just finished the first season of Oz, the prison show. I had no hope that I would like it much. I was surprised. I am going for season 2 now. They sure kill off a lot of the prison characters though. There are seven or so seasons. At this rate, no prisoners will be left after the second season.

I just finished the first season of Oz, the prison show. I had no hope that I would like it much. I was surprised. I am going for season 2 now. They sure kill off a lot of the prison characters though. There are seven or so seasons. At this rate, no prisoners will be left after the second season.

I watched bits and pieces of Oz over the years, good show with great actors/acting.

Seems like every actor moved onto bigger shows and bigger parts.....even the mayhem guy for State Farm.

I watched bits and pieces of Oz over the years, good show with great actors/acting.

Seems like every actor moved onto bigger shows and bigger parts.....even the mayhem guy for State Farm.

It is good acting. It is also intriguing that most of the action takes place on just a few sets in the prison. That may not be that unusual though. I recall that Barney Miller was almost all shot in the detective's squad room.

When I started really watching TV shows again (after many years of not doing so) I noticed how often these actors get recycled. I have seen them appear again and again in various shows. People that I have seen in Oz I have seen in the Fringe, the Wire and other shows. It is a whole new crew of actors I had never been exposed to before.

I did not think I would like Oz but I sure rushed out to get season 2 as soon as 1 was over. There was no wait at the library for it which suggests to me that it is not that much in demand anymore.

P.S. I am in the final season of Lost and it has jumped the shark for me. I seemed to have "lost" interest and I am just following it for closure purposes. Previous seasons did keep my interest though.

Edited by REMND

• 2 weeks later...
Game of Thrones last night. The Red Wedding was absolutely, positively stunning last night. The wife cried for about 10 minutes

Yeah it was quite a surprising shock and changed from the book with the wife getting killed.

Game of Thrones last night. The Red Wedding was absolutely, positively stunning last night. The wife cried for about 10 minutes

Stopped watching after the first episode or two of season three but after reading the spoilers from last night and the uproar it has caused...sure wish I'd stayed loyal...

Stopped watching after the first episode or two of season three but after reading the spoilers from last night and the uproar it has caused...sure wish I'd stayed loyal...

This season has been fantastic. Last night, man...nothing like it in TV history.