Forget the Men (for now), Turning to the Ladies

I can't handle watching our men's basketball team anymore, waiting for them to find some offense. We have an awesome team to support in the Lady Irish. They are ranked #2 in the country with a 16-1 record. If Baylor falls at Connecticut we should be number one. Muffet has this team challenging for the title every year. Two years ago we should have won it but the refs screwed us in the title game. Baylor may be too much to overtake as long as they have that giant at center, but this team is headed for a number one seed and anything can happen.

Latest development. We lost 3 great players to graduation but Jewell Lloyd picked up a lot of that slack. Achonwa took over for Peters and we are actually better at that post position. The missing piece might just have been filled by Cable Madison. She was injured last year and didn't play, but she has 4 years of eligibility and was a McDonalds All American. Scored 13 the other night. Go Irish.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In glad you finally stopped worrying about the guys, girls are a lot more exciting. The funny thing this is supposed to be a down year, just look at Uconn demolishing Duke who was 4th lol. Even if we only make it to the final four I will still be happy just with the class we have incoming in the next 3 years a lot of National Championshps should be upcoming, all I know is at least the man child is gone at Baylor this year. Also, even if we win by a little against bad teams its expected with such a young and old team.

In glad you finally stopped worrying about the guys, girls are a lot more exciting. The funny thing this is supposed to be a down year, just look at Uconn demolishing Duke who was 4th lol. Even if we only make it to the final four I will still be happy just with the class we have incoming in the next 3 years a lot of National Championshps should be upcoming, all I know is at least the man child is gone at Baylor this year. Also, even if we win by a little against bad teams its expected with such a young and old team.

One reason it is not a down year is the new blood. Jewell is a jewel and Cable Madison is going to be another great guard. I did just see on II that Scot Martin has a knee injury and will sit a couple weeks. That could explain his disappearance and will allow some new blood into this desperate situation.

Anyway, I'm on board with the girls. They're going to kill Pitt tonight. Wish it was on the computer.

I live outside Chicago and can never find the mens or women games on cable. I did catch a mens game the other day and they were getting spanked so bad that I turned it off.

How anyone can not watch when Achonwa is on screen is beyond me. I can't be the only one with a crush on her...

I live outside Chicago and can never find the mens or women games on cable. I did catch a mens game the other day and they were getting spanked so bad that I turned it off.

How anyone can not watch when Achonwa is on screen is beyond me. I can't be the only one with a crush on her...

I dont watch womens BB so I had to look her up and wow she is smoking!!

If you just watch the girls you will get involved. Sometimes you get frustrated, but sometimes you are amazed. Learn their names and positions. Look for the development of the freshmen like Cable (redshirt after injury last year) and Mabrey (can really hit the 3). Achonwa is becoming a better center then Dev Peters. She and Skylar are beautiful!!

Next year's recruiting class is killer with three girls around 6' 4''. Tune in. Number one seed for the tourney!!

I dont watch womens BB so I had to look her up and wow she is smoking!!

For the two games that I went to this year, I sat on the end zone side by the player tunnel. All the girls from the BB team sat in the front row next to the tunnel each time. SKylar and Achonwa were there and I watched them as much as I watched the FB team...lol...I did get to meet each of them and they are more stunning in person than the pics show.

This was one of the most entertaining games ever. Skylar was awesome. Next year we will be right back up there. Baylor loses their big man and we only lose Skylar. Our guards next year will be sensational with Jewell, McBride, Mabrey (deadly 3 point shooter) and Cable Madison. Ochonwa will be unstoppable with a 6' 4'' freshman as her running mate and another one to back her up. We will be the 'BIG' team and still have the great guard play.

What a show by the Irish against Louisville. Achonwa took a nasty spill, but she's ok. This team gets better every game as the youngsters keep progressing. Mabrey is the most consistent 3 point shooter in a long long time. This team can beat Baylor. No joke. If we stroke the threes like I know we can, take care of the ball and get some turnovers, we should prevail against Baylor. We are better then last year.

• Join Domer Domain

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• The players are getting paid because there is a market that wants to see success on the field.  Because that market watches, advertisers pay a lot of money to be seen while that market watches.  In return, that advertising money comes back to the school in the form of millions of dollars in various ways.  Paying for better players means even more value for advertisers and more money for Notre Dame to build buildings or fund programs. The average student who goes to Notre Dame doesn’t generate millions of dollars for the school.  If they decide not to go there, someone else will fill the spot so they can have access to the excellent education funded by the football program and its players.  I don’t see why the university would pay students to come (except for the absolute brightest) when supply and demand is in Notre Dame’s favor in a big way.  The alums are part of the market that wants results on the field so their money goes towards those results which in turn increases value for Notre Dame, too.  Paying kids to come doesn’t have much benefit to those alums either… I get what’s being said about working hard to pay for your kid to go to college, but there are just too many folks in the same boat while a big source of revenue for schools is football…the value of the school increases if football thrives.  It’s simple business, unfortunately, and ordinary students are the consumer.  Nobody pays consumers if they want to stay in business.
    • OK, fine, I'm getting excited.   We've been winning a lot of these. My take:  Golden commit forces Zackery hand?  Takes the last ND DB spot? It's nothing but expeditious!  Was always the answer.  No other reason to move up his commitment.   I expect he will commit to his dream school for a shot at the Natty!  The synergy is real here.  It's the staff, too, but it's bigger.  Like minded kids.  And they're all conspiring to come together for the title shot, and this staff has them convinced it's in South Bend!  
    • Slight nit, take the government out of guaranteed student loans.  Single handedly has been the biggest cause of soaring tuition and crushing debt for borrowers. Otherwise I'm in between as far as NIL.  It's chaos currently and we are still in Flux with the changes that have happened and stuff that's still to come.  We are far from settled in this shifting landscape of college athletics.
    • Can't wait to see someone try and block a punt and end up with internal hemorrhaging...