Time for Basketball--Get Over Here.

We had the Notre Dame Cincinatti game on just before the football game Monday night. We had 50 people over to the house but they didn't show much interest in the basketball game. I don't get it. We have a very very good team this year. Maybe the best since Hansbrough was leading the charge.

This team is fun to watch. We pass better then anyone I've seen and we can play with anybody, even Duke. We are on a big winning streak and we play Connecticut Saturday. We will beat them, no problem. We will move into the top 15 next week and will be in first place of the Big East. The Big East is still formidable and we have a great chance to win it.

Our girls are ranked second nationally and just defeated Connecticut on their home court. They are fun to watch.

So if you want to speed up the process of waiting for spring football, get over here and post on basketball. This team will not disappoint us come tournament time. We are just too good. Check it out.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEA BUDDY!

Like Okie says...This is a fun team. We have some inside game, tremendous passing, and, like always the threes.

The difference to me, this year, is between the passing and guard athleticism, ND has enough to beat the press and keep up with the better teams. They WILL make a tournament run this year. Book it!

My boys have a game today so I'll spend a good part of the afternoon reffing and coaching our game....I also don't get Big East Network, so update the board if you watch it Okie so I have something I can check out when I get home.

I too expect them to handle Uconn today. This team is inspired and playing with great confidence. They exemplify how basketball should be played....unselfishly.....

I got the game on my computer and played it on my 85 inch screen. We sucked. Cooley kept getting schooled. I wanted to bring in Auguste as he is quicker, but he never came in. Some bad no calls down the stretch. Time to regroup. Just seems everything is going south these days.

Connecticut was bigger and quicker then I anticipated. I missed the first half when we actually lead, but I never saw Connaughton do anything. Martin shot one 3 and it was horribly short. Connecticut came to play and played a tough man to man. We were in man and I wanted to go zone to protect Cooley and it never happened. It was tough to watch.

My biggest beef with Brey is running the burn too early. He has done A LOT for the program though!

On a side note, seeing how every other game is on BEN I was going to order it for the next couple months and DISH doesn't even carry it. BLAH...

Doing a lot for the program doesn't mean crap of course Grad Rates are going to be high these aren't dumb kids. It comes to the point when you got to start wining in the post season and it just seems more and more not likely it will happen.

I'll agree. There's no reason they shouldn't make the sweet 16 this year. I guess we'll see.

• Join Domer Domain

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• We're all guilty of enabling the football players in making money. I'm not logging in every day to see how Notre Dame's debate team's recruiting is going. But football is a different story and others with same interest but more disposable income are funding NIL deals.
    • Btw, my wife has let me know that's she going to be rooting for the Irish to punt a lot this season... 
    • The players are getting paid because there is a market that wants to see success on the field.  Because that market watches, advertisers pay a lot of money to be seen while that market watches.  In return, that advertising money comes back to the school in the form of millions of dollars in various ways.  Paying for better players means even more value for advertisers and more money for Notre Dame to build buildings or fund programs. The average student who goes to Notre Dame doesn’t generate millions of dollars for the school.  If they decide not to go there, someone else will fill the spot so they can have access to the excellent education funded by the football program and its players.  I don’t see why the university would pay students to come (except for the absolute brightest) when supply and demand is in Notre Dame’s favor in a big way.  The alums are part of the market that wants results on the field so their money goes towards those results which in turn increases value for Notre Dame, too.  Paying kids to come doesn’t have much benefit to those alums either… I get what’s being said about working hard to pay for your kid to go to college, but there are just too many folks in the same boat while a big source of revenue for schools is football…the value of the school increases if football thrives.  It’s simple business, unfortunately, and ordinary students are the consumer.  Nobody pays consumers if they want to stay in business.
    • OK, fine, I'm getting excited.   We've been winning a lot of these. My take:  Golden commit forces Zackery hand?  Takes the last ND DB spot? It's nothing but expeditious!  Was always the answer.  No other reason to move up his commitment.   I expect he will commit to his dream school for a shot at the Natty!  The synergy is real here.  It's the staff, too, but it's bigger.  Like minded kids.  And they're all conspiring to come together for the title shot, and this staff has them convinced it's in South Bend!