Zimmerman's Injury Pic

Wow. Just another sign of self defense for Mr. Zimmerman. But lets give the 3-time suspended from school, burglary tool carrying & women's jewelry thief/drug user the benefit of the doubt...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html#ixzz1rDquJRjl

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s320x320/545937_10150794342526930_597001929_9833296_349284097_n.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. Just another sign of self defense for Mr. Zimmerman. But lets give the 3-time suspended from school, burglary tool carrying & women's jewelry thief/drug user the benefit of the doubt...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2120504/Trayvon-Martin-case-He-suspended-times-caught-burglary-tool.html#ixzz1rDquJRjl

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s320x320/545937_10150794342526930_597001929_9833296_349284097_n.jpg

Lol....careful---youll be labeled a racist....

I dont care what color you are. If I dont recognize you as someone who lives in the neighborhood, you're getting asked what you're doing there.

Funny how the diamond-crusted ring wearing "religious" figures dont have much to say now....I fully expect the "well he shouldnt have followed him" argument to be taken with a full head of steam....let's not forget that, even after he was followed, Trayvon still was the one to walk up to Zimmerman's truck, obviously anxious to star in his own "when keepin it real goes wrong" episode...

The most amazing thing to me in this whole thing is who NBC news doctored the original 911 tape to totally distort the recording. The other news outlets doesn't even pick up the story. They just bury it. The major media is a disgrace.

The most amazing thing to me in this whole thing is who NBC news doctored the original 911 tape to totally distort the recording. The other news outlets doesn't even pick up the story. They just bury it. The major media is a disgrace.

What blows my mind is how this was such a major news story when a white European tourist was beaten, stripped naked, mugged, and tea-bagged right up the street from me in Baltimore by a group of 8-10 black teenagers......wonder where Al Sharpton was for that one....

I see why all you are overcompensating by carrying a gun - cause you are afraid you will get your ASS beat...

Chase someone down at night, following them in this day and age, what do you expect to happen...

Don't worry...your lobby is still strong in washington...and they won't take away your right to shoot someone even when you chase them at night in the dark...

Edited by Domer Dude

What blows my mind is how this was such a major news story when a white European tourist was beaten, stripped naked, mugged, and tea-bagged right up the street from me in Baltimore by a group of 8-10 black teenagers......wonder where Al Sharpton was for that one....

Or the white Mississippi State student that was killed by some black guys after the whole Zimmerman thing started. And I'd bet a million dollars if Zimmermans last name was Gonzales, no one would have heard a peep out of this case.

I see why all you are overcompensating by carrying a gun - cause you are afraid you will get your ASS beat...

Chase someone down at night, following them in this day and age, what do you expect to happen...

Don't worry...your lobby is still strong in washington...and they won't take away your right to shoot someone even when you chase them at night, return to your car, wait 10 minutes, and surprisingly see the kid return to confront you in the dark...

fixed it for you...

Or the white Mississippi State student that was killed by some black guys after the whole Zimmerman thing started. And I'd bet a million dollars if Zimmermans last name was Gonzales, no one would have heard a peep out of this case.

Damn "white Hispanics".....

You think the Times would use that term to describe a guy who won the Nobel Peace prize?

I dont care what color you are. If I dont recognize you as someone who lives in the neighborhood, you're getting asked what you're doing there.

And I personally would tell you to f*** off and go about my business. Like Zimmerman, you can question all you want, but no one has to respond to you. And if we were in Florida, according to the law, if I feel you're threatening me, I can stand my ground and whip your ass....even kill you!

Funny how people only see the stand your ground law working in Zimmerman's direction and not Martin's, considering that it's clear that Zimmerman was the initial aggressor, is it not?

He may get away with using the self defense argument in state court, but the court of public opinion has already labeled him guilty, and rightfully so. Nobody likes neighborhood busy bodies taking the law into their own hands...you don't chase people down and confront them at night in this day and age. Citizens have a hard enough time protecting their privacy from cops, much less wannabe cops who are untrained. I think we all know people like George Zimmerman in our own lives, and they usually are hated by everyone.

He may get away with using the self defense argument in state court' date=' but the court of public opinion has already labeled him guilty, and rightfully so. Nobody likes neighborhood busy bodies taking the law into their own hands...you don't chase people down and confront them at night in this day and age. Citizens have a hard enough time protecting their privacy from cops, much less wannabe cops who are untrained. I think we all know people like George Zimmerman in our own lives, and they usually are hated by everyone.[/quote']

I can agree with this. He has been portrayed as a "wannabe cop" and those types are bigtime tools. Here's the problem though. I live in a nice, quiet neighborhood with virtually no crime whatsoever. It's a cul-de-sac for Christ's sake. Well, 2 years ago there were a few "changes" to the neighborhood across the street and soon after, my car was broken into twice. There were always teenagers that I don't recognize cutting through our street at 2-3am. on weekends and I couldnt help but to think about those break-ins.

Although Zimmerman had no business following Trayvon, I think this could've been avoided if Trayvon didn't immediately view his questions as racist. If he would've responded with a simple "My dad so-and-so lives up the street", there wouldn't have even been a call to the police.

I can see both sides, but its easier for me to relate to Zimmerman.

As a cop myself, I really dont know what to make of this case... if you look suspicious, ill stop and talk to you, but Zimmerman is not a cop and doesnt really have the authority to "detain" someone... Still not sure what "powers" he is given as a night-watchman. No matter what happened after the initial contact, Zimmerman should not have made contact with him, especially after dispatch told him not to. However, that is not really a serious offense... But I am sure the detectives are a nervous wreck over this case. With the way the media presented this, if he is not convicted of murder, bad things will happen... but from what I know, there is no way a prosecutor or defense attorney could prove much.

Really not sure what to make of this case.

Edited by NDhoosier

As a cop myself, I really dont know what to make of this case... if you look suspicious, ill stop and talk to you, but Zimmerman is not a cop and doesnt really have the authority to "detain" someone... Still not sure what "powers" he is given as a night-watchman. No matter what happened after the initial contact, Zimmerman should not have made contact with him, especially after dispatch told him not to. However, that is not really a serious offense... But I am sure the detectives are a nervous wreck over this case. With the way the media presented this, if he is not convicted of murder, bad things will happen... but from what I know, there is no way a prosecutor or defense attorney could prove much.

Speaking of 911 dispatch, I have a dumb question. Do 911 dispatchers have any kind of authority? I mean, is it actually unlawful to disobey them as if you disobeyed a cop? Just curious...

Probably because black people have been discriminated against, hung, lynched, slaved, and ridiculed for 300+ years in our country. Frankly, I'm suprised it hasn't happened more. But then again, they are still in the minority so they still need some figurehead to protect their rights, even if it's the ambulance chasing Sharpton or Jessie Jackson.

This topic amongst other things have really p'd me off lately. I'm really trying my best to hold my tongue on such sensitive issues because I always try to look at both sides of the each story. I'll make my two points and leave it at that just because I really do enjoy this site alot! One, just because you fit a description of a thug, or even if you are a bad egg in life does not mean you deserve to get shot or die. That's what our justice systems are for. To decide if someone is guilty or not. Now for Zimmerman, I won't go so far as to say it's racial but I will say it is profiling. Hoodies and walking in the dark doesn't always equal criminals. I have 2 myself, and enjoy an aftertoon stroll in the wintertime. Two, because Zimmerman didn't follow advice, a boy is dead, because of him, he should pay the price. Self-defense or not, he should have to pay a price for costing a life.

Well if the police can't comment I guess I'm the only one who can.

As someone who is now a security guard I deal with this situation ALL OF THE TIME. (And yes I am also retired ANG, and also a property and casualty insurance agent so when I start waxing away on topics along those lines, please don't go, "I thought you were a rent-a-cop?".)

You either do one of two things in his situation. You either engage the individual in a friendly and helpful manner, or if you consider it too dangerous you monitor the situation from a safe position until you can bring in law enforcement as needed. And you certainly know what street you're on when you're in the area you are responsible for.

Anyway the bottom line is ole George didn't prepare for what he was doing, didn't think through the situation, and suffered through having his worst nightmare come true. Having to shoot someone because he mishandled a situation. Yeah, in most places you can carry a gun, but I would recommend you be of above average intelligence before deciding to do so. The security guards of America are not impressed.

Don't worry...your lobby is still strong in washington...and they won't take away your right to shoot someone even when you chase them at night in the dark...

As compared to the brave little "soldiers" who ride around doing drive-bys? Sorry but I don't see it that way. I've seen way too many kids going around being "tough" carrying guns in their waistband or in the vehicles, causing all sorts of havoc. Many run their mouths to get a fight started with someone they have a bone to pick with, only to pull their "gats" out when its about to get physical. Real tough guys. Its gotten ridiculously bad here because the hooligans are getting there hands on assault rifles now as well and sure as hell aren't afraid to use them to shoot up a whole neighborhood.

Speaking of 911 dispatch, I have a dumb question. Do 911 dispatchers have any kind of authority? I mean, is it actually unlawful to disobey them as if you disobeyed a cop? Just curious...

No not really. A dispatcher is not an officer. Nor can they really control a dynamic situation over the phone with any type of authority. They certainly are welcome to try and I'm all for it, if it means that they can encourage someone to walk away from a dust-up or say put their weapon down prior to officers arriving on scene.