christianity at it's finest

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love when we beat liberty. Pat Robertson is a Protestant. Let's distinguish the particular sects of Christianity, separating Catholicism from the rest. It makes me feel better as a person to put the other side down... hahaha.

From that perspective though, Protestant Christianity to me is defined by hypocrites. Robertson being a prime example. As a bad Catholic and admitting to it, I think I clear the hypocrite hurdle like many bad catholics, because we admit what we do or don't do. I eat fish on fridays. Jesus never said you couldn't, so I think think some guy sitting in Rome should make up a rule like that and that I have to follow it. Bad catholic? Actually, I'd argue I follow the teachings of Jesus more closely in that respect, because Jesus' teachings often called for the destruction of superfluous laws of man... like eating fish.

Actually, if you wanted to follow the teachings of Jesus even more closely you wouldn't confess your sins to a priest. The bible teaches us that Jesus died to release us of our sins and no amount of hail mary's or rosary bead rubbin' will make a difference. You can take your concerns directly to Jesus through prayer without having to go through a third party.