christianity at it's finest

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schell - the title of your thread and the article don't coincide. He's saying what several other people have stated. Broncos sucked under Orton. Tebow led them to playoffs (and arguably their defense but QBs get all the praise...and criticism). Tebow is a good backup option according to the Jets. Manning is a risk with his neck and the Broncos feel the same way which is why several physicals are stated in his contract and his contract is only gauranteed on a yearly basis. Robertson may be a jackass for other reasons...but tying this article to the christianity angle makes no sense.

Schell - the title of your thread and the article don't coincide. He's saying what several other people have stated. Broncos sucked under Orton. Tebow led them to playoffs (and arguably their defense but QBs get all the praise...and criticism). Tebow is a good backup option according to the Jets. Manning is a risk with his neck and the Broncos feel the same way which is why several physicals are stated in his contract and his contract is only gauranteed on a yearly basis. Robertson may be a jackass for other reasons...but tying this article to the christianity angle makes no sense.

he is a noted representative of a christian sect.....it makes total sense.....saying that it would serve them (the broncos) well (if manning gets hurt) is about as hypocritical as a christian can get....sorry, the guy is a flaming asshole.............

he is a noted representative of a christian sect.....it makes total sense.....saying that it would serve them (the broncos) well (if manning gets hurt) is about as hypocritical as a christian can get....sorry, the guy is a flaming asshole.............

fwiw schell I hear where you're coming from....his statement was not with a christian heart. see it all the time.

I love when we beat liberty. Pat Robertson is a Protestant. Let's distinguish the particular sects of Christianity, separating Catholicism from the rest. It makes me feel better as a person to put the other side down... hahaha.

From that perspective though, Protestant Christianity to me is defined by hypocrites. Robertson being a prime example. As a bad Catholic and admitting to it, I think I clear the hypocrite hurdle like many bad catholics, because we admit what we do or don't do. I eat fish on fridays. Jesus never said you couldn't, so I think think some guy sitting in Rome should make up a rule like that and that I have to follow it. Bad catholic? Actually, I'd argue I follow the teachings of Jesus more closely in that respect, because Jesus' teachings often called for the destruction of superfluous laws of man... like eating fish.