Caribbean Cruise advice,,,,

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOVED St. Maarten. My shore excursions included private island snorkeling, horseback riding on the beach, and other stuff. Also, they were running the Heineken Regatta that day.

All of that was in addition to the coolness of French culture on one side and Dutch culture on the other.

I think on most cruises they do a welcome reception for Honeymooners. My girlfriend (currently, my wife) pretended we were married, as the reception offered free drinks. While there, the hosts asked for volunteers to play the "Newlywed Game". We ended up winning, which got us some free drink certificates (this is good, cuz drinks are quite costly) and a bottle of champagne (opened at our dinner table by the Somalier).

Study up on what your wifey was wearing when you first met, the color of her toothbrush, who she would like to have a lunch date with, etc.....

It was a good way to connect with other couples and get some free alcohol.

Everyone thought we were married the entire trip. We even received a certificate on the last day of the cruise congratulating us for spending our honeymoon "in the Viking tradition".

Mayo beach has long been on my bucket list...how many planes did you get to see?

Also a bit skeptical of our interior room (not that we spend much time in there) but I like the feeling of being able to see outside...

I saw 2 of the big planes land and take off. Saw about 3 medium size and one leer jet. Pretty awesome! You can wade in the ocean while you wait or grab a drink at the bar. There will be a "surf board" planted in the ground next to the beach bar with that days arrivals schedule written on it.

On every ship they have there's an outside webcam. There should be one for the front of the ship and one showing the main pool. Those feeds will be shown on your cabin TV. Just keep your TV on to one of those channels (mute because they play music with the feed). It's almost like having a window.

That'll do! TV it is...

Dude, I got so drunk in the first hours of the Allure trip that I tried to turn on the tv across from our bed with the remote for like five minutes...turns out it was a framed art piece... :pout:

I always wait until after the safety drill and have my first DOD (drink of the day) during shipping off. I like to get something to eat and get the layout of the ship before I get too involved with drinking.

Specifically on the Breeze, we loved Bonzai Sushi, Serenity Adult Area and the pizza is pretty damn good. It's available 24/7. It's a great ship! Have fun!