Caribbean Cruise advice,,,,

Going on a cruise in June. We're going to CocoCay, St. Maarten and St. Thomas. This will be my first cruise. Always wanted to go on one! We're going on Royal Caribbean.

Any of you guys or gals been? Any advice on these Islands or cruising in general would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

(And NO schell! I am NOT taking a Speedo! ;))

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it's called CoCo Bay.. I was born and raised in St. Thomas.. It's a very nice place to visit.. If you are going to the beaches.. Go to Meagens Bay, it's the one that is shaped like a heart (Sky View).. If you want to just lay back and enjoy the beach and the sun, go to Coki Point beach.. On that beach it also has next to it Coral World.. That's a place that if you have kids that they'd love.. Oh if you are married or taking a girlfriend make sure that you get her hair braided by the lady that is always there.. You can't miss her.. There are tons of good places to eat.. Make sure that you try some Pattays' (Conk, and Salt Fish are the best) Find some where that has curry chicken and rice or Conk and rice.. Go down to Water Front and shop in the stores.. They are awesome, and they are fairly cheap.. There is a place across from the fire station that sells shirts... Oh on Coki Point, make sure you go snorkling.. It's the best on the Island.. Take a pic of your feet in the crystal clear water.. For some reason ppl like that.. And if you have any problems, just ask for my mom... She's a cop..:machinegun: Oh and if you like to live the HIGH LIFE.. Just be careful of where you snag it from... I hope that you have a blast..

I think that it's called CoCo Bay.. I was born and raised in St. Thomas.. It's a very nice place to visit.. If you are going to the beaches.. Go to Meagens Bay, it's the one that is shaped like a heart (Sky View).. If you want to just lay back and enjoy the beach and the sun, go to Coki Point beach.. On that beach it also has next to it Coral World.. That's a place that if you have kids that they'd love.. Oh if you are married or taking a girlfriend make sure that you get her hair braided by the lady that is always there.. You can't miss her.. There are tons of good places to eat.. Make sure that you try some Pattays' (Conk, and Salt Fish are the best) Find some where that has curry chicken and rice or Conk and rice.. Go down to Water Front and shop in the stores.. They are awesome, and they are fairly cheap.. There is a place across from the fire station that sells shirts... Oh on Coki Point, make sure you go snorkling.. It's the best on the Island.. Take a pic of your feet in the crystal clear water.. For some reason ppl like that.. And if you have any problems, just ask for my mom... She's a cop..:machinegun: Oh and if you like to live the HIGH LIFE.. Just be careful of where you snag it from... I hope that you have a blast..

Hey! Thanks!

I will try all of that (except for the HIGH LIFE, your Mom and I have something in common ;) lol) Will try the conk though!

If you even think you might get a little queesy from the motion of the ocean take something with and take it before the ship gets out of the harbor. You don't want to have an upset stomach for the first 2 days.

Be careful of the food. There has been lots of people getting food poisoning on Carnival and Royal Caribbean.

• 3 weeks later...

In St Thomas catch a beer or ten at The Fat Turtle which is in the Yacht Club Marina (the touristy shopping area where you get off the ship).

In St. Maarten, if at all possible go to the Sunset Beach Bar which is on a beach that is literally 100 ft from the end of the runway. The island is famous for that. Here are a couple youtube vids. Girls like to flash us when we land there. Personally, I think that should be a tradition at EVERY airport, but this is the only one I know of that actually does it. Also, the Sunset Bar sometimes has promos where topless girls drink free. I'm thinking you could whip out your man boobs though and pull a fast one over on them! :-)

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/za2GlaeHz3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kind of a hairy takeoff too.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-r8wtXL0Hdg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and inevitably there are morons that try to ride the jet blast on takeoff by holding onto the fence for dear life.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jOHOmk3ZKro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cruise advice.....yes, this is the place! Unfortunately a huge percent of those that will chime in here in Open Forum are Titanic survivors who have a pretty salty disposition. Cruise advice, discussions of our "communistic" leader, very healthy discussions for Open Forum.

• 1 year later...
Anyone been on the Allure Of The Seas?

We just booked for October. My first cruise...

That's a bit big for a first timer so you might be a little overwhelmed. That's HUGE ship (biggest cruise ship in the world actually). Just make sure you know what is above your room. You do not want to be below the galley or a night club! If you need anymore advice, let me know. You going on a 7day? What ports? What room? Balcony? How many are going?

That's a bit big for a first timer so you might be a little overwhelmed. That's HUGE ship (biggest cruise ship in the world actually). Just make sure you know what is above your room. You do not want to be below the galley or a night club! If you need anymore advice, let me know. You going on a 7day? What ports? What room? Balcony? How many are going?

Honeymoon, so wifey wanted to do the best...7 day cruise, ports are Haiti, Cozumel and one more...We got a balcony because I'm a bit claustrophobic...

Honeymoon, so wifey wanted to do the best...7 day cruise, ports are Haiti, Cozumel and one more...We got a balcony because I'm a bit claustrophobic...

Dude! The room may be a tad small for your liking but there's NO way you'll be claustrophobic on the rest of that ship.

You will also be going to Labadee, their private island. Nice! If you drink and want to save some money and you got the balls, Google "Rum Runners".

Go to cruisecritic.com and research! I am a member there.

My family and I did the "Amazing Cozumel Race" excursion and it was a blast. Basically a mini Amazing Race contest that takes 2-3 hours (you travel 4-5 miles on foot) where you have to figure out a bunch of puzzles.

http://theamazingcozumelrace.com

More info please...would love to sneak some rum on...what happens if they find it and how do they check?

On Carnival, they allow you to bring on two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne when you board. They run your carry on bags through an x-ray at security. We had the two bottles in our carry on bags and they did not mention them at all. No idea how they search checked bags.

I think they confiscate anything they find and give it back to you when you depart.

Perhaps white rum in a water bottle would get through. I believe that you able to carry on a 12 pack of soda pop or bottled water per person.

• 2 years later...
Just booked our second cruise - Carnival Breeze for eight days. Anyone been on it? Wondering what the carry-on booze limit is...

Yep, been on the exact same cruise last year I believe if your doing La Romana, Curacao, Grand Turk, Aruba and Dominican Republic.

We LOVED the Breeze! Great ship! Google Rum Runner flasks. Hey, call me if you need any advice.

Edited by SpeedsterX