Irish face Wildcats at Home (link)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but I am feeling good about this one too Oklahoma. Personally, I would like to see them feed it to Nash more. He is a very unselfish player and really seems to understand when and where to pass it or go ahead and put it up. I also want to see Hansborough drive it in a lot, and see Scott emerge as a little more of an inside threat. Inside, as not always behing the arc. Hopefully Abro keeps his hot hand too.

Not sure how I'm feeling about this game but I really hope ND can build their confidence early. These guards are going to be pesky defenders so I hope we at least attempt to make entry-passes into the post/high post so we can get great ball reversal/inside-out play.

Let me clarify a little, when I say "entry passes", please let them be bounce passes. Watching the defender climb over Nash's back and poke the ball out because it was an ill-advised chest pass, is getting pretty old. Just win, dammit... :grin:

**and I hope ND has worked on their zone offense. seems to be the way our opposition limits BH from using the top-of-the-key pick & roll. that means Martin will be needed to fill in over near the elbows with quick turnaround jump shots

I always root for these boys (unless they're playing my Johnnies) but am always surprised when they win. They remind me of watching all my brothers play in the driveway with the basket nailed over the garage door. Yet they have beaten some darn good teams. Go Irish!

I tend to agree with The Mayor of Southbend when he said...

"St Johns is going to be a bracket buster. Mark it dude."

The Fightin Coreys are coming to town!

I think the Irish score about 68 points tonight and its up to their defense to hold the Cats below that mark.

I would love to see Psycho B, Nash, and Kopko go out in style in their last home game. Hopefully Tommy K starts, sticks 2 threes and goes to the bench to a rousing ovation.

Kind of like our football program but with more success, this team is bipolar. Where has this intensity been?? If Notre Dame can somehow replicate that type of energy from the start, even though it's unlikely they'll shoot that hot, they could definitely do some damage come post season. But that's a big "IF." Poor shooting when playing away games seems to be their biggest flaw. I'm hoping they can figure it out... A great win for the seniors though!