Official Yankees Suck Thread

Being a Yankee fan, I am embarrassed. They just look pitiful! And not only is their pitching atrocious, but their park is worse than Coor's Field. Is Girardi the right guy? It doesn't seem like he gets these guys to play to their potential. Everytime I check out the ticker, it's not even in the fourth and the Yanks are down by at least 3 runs. They've been playing from behind this whole year and it doesn't seem likely to change. I think they need another all-star!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense Schell...but I hate all things Philly. Easily the most obnoxious degenerate fans in all of sports.

My Cubbies have been fluttering out of the gate, but I still think they'll be ok at least for the playoffs. The past several years the Cubs have started off hot and fluttered late in the season/playoffs. Perhaps this is the year that it happens the other way around.

No offense Schell...but I hate all things Philly. Easily the most obnoxious degenerate fans in all of sports.

My Cubbies have been fluttering out of the gate, but I still think they'll be ok at least for the playoffs. The past several years the Cubs have started off hot and fluttered late in the season/playoffs. Perhaps this is the year that it happens the other way around.

i know !!!! isn't it great !!!!!! biggest dickheads you'll ever meet !!! but they're my dickheads............;);)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Become a Member

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• this isn't about money, I would venture to guess everyone else will force them... no longer are we as special as some remember us being...times are changing and I'm resigned to the fact that we will be forced to adapt...
    • This is a filthy lie!  You no good son of a parakeet!  That’s why you’ll never accomplish getting banned!  
    • ND is scheduled to get at least $70M a year without Joining a conference. $50M NBC + $18ish CFP + ACC Basketball $. They also probably get at least $50M from home game tickets and concessions.  They have also spent (or will spend) over $500M on football related facilities in the last few years and have one of the larger endowments for FBS schools. They do not need to be in a conference for the dollars. I am not convinced that recruiting will depend on being in a conference. I look at Penn State as a former independent with a blueblood history who joined one of the two premier conferences yet they seem to be recruiting no better than ND over the past 5 years.  From a schedule perspective, I think that the SEC is still only playing 8 conference games and it is yet to be seen that ND will not be able to schedule a decent schedule. Also, there is a good chance that the top 48 or 64 schools will leave the NCAA for a yet to be named organization which would make conference affiliation for football meaningless. From an NIL perspective, I do not see how joining a conference will change how ND conducts itself. Finally, ND should "always" have an invitation to join a conference if it turns out that becomes a necessity.  IMO, many of the arguments that ND needs to be in a conference seem to ignore that many of the ways in which ND "limits" itself recruiting are self-inflicted and probably not going to change even if they join a conference. If anything, losing the uniqueness of independence might hurt recruiting assuming since ND will then start to look more like a Northwestern, Stanford, or Vanderbilt. 
    • I do agree ND will need to join a conference at some point.  It is going to be very difficult to schedule the 'blue blood' schools if ND doesn't join.  The blue bloods will have a bunch of other blue bloods on the schedule just due to being in the conference.  They won't want to risk a loss by playing ND.  The 'lesser' schools in the conferences will want to play ND because they know they don't have a shot at a championship.  They'll take the money, and the possibility they might pull off the upset. But, I don't know about recruiting being purely related to being in a conference.  I believe recruiting will absolutely have everything to do with how much money the players make through NIL and whatever else comes along.  If a player can make 1 million at Big 10 Ohio State but 1.3 or 1.5 million at independent ND, that will likely make a pretty big difference.  The best players want to play for championships, sure, but a few hundred thousand dollars and other perks will always speak loudly.