I am less worried now than I would have been if Kelly were still the coach.  It seems that Freeman creates a fun energetic environment for the staff to work in.  Kelly just seemed miserable to be around.

Secondly, it seems that administration is stepping up and paying staff members better than they have in the past.  

I view Bowden as critical to the team's success.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Loved seeing this. Another confirmation that recruiting is better with Freeman then we saw under Kelly:

Bowden had emerged on the radar of some SEC programs in need of new personnel direction, with one source directly telling FootballScoop, "We have to pay attention now to who Notre Dame is recruiting. We didn't use to have to do that."

The executive credited that awareness to the Bowden-Freeman duo.

4 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Loved seeing this. Another confirmation that recruiting is better with Freeman then we saw under Kelly:

Agreed.  Lou in those early years had to credit a lot to Vinny Cerrato.  Multiple #1 recruit classes and tons of blue chippers really solidified '88-'93.  Those were as close to Saban type classes and on the field results in my lifetime, and may never be replicated.  Bowden and Freeman are clearly attacking recruiting, NIL, and the portal proactively/creatively, while others are noticing.  Hopefully we'll notice with the on the field product as a result too.

Edited by jessemoore97
  • Heart 1

Freeman is his biggest booster and best bud. Glad he is being l0yal to ND. He is the key to the recruiting program stepping up to the plate and siopping down the same aisle as the Big 10 and SEC. That's the same aisle Kelly would never go down.

• Flames 1

On 2/1/2024 at 12:24 PM, jbrown_9999 said:

That comment about noticing ND now on the recruiting trail and not before is solid gold. This is the biggest reason why I think Freeman is the perfect coach in this current landscape, you need relentless recruiters (and A+ coaching) when you’re re-recruiting an entire roster every year and dealing with NIL

• Flames 1

Wouldn't have made much sense for him to jump to Michigan... Most of the existing staff was headed to the Chargers with Harbaugh and they are at substantial risk of being given substantial penalties for the sign-stealing scandal.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

That comment about noticing ND now on the recruiting trail and not before is solid gold. This is the biggest reason why I think Freeman is the perfect coach in this current landscape, you need relentless recruiters (and A+ coaching) when you’re re-recruiting an entire roster every year and dealing with NIL

I could not agree more, and have said the exact same thing! 

On 2/4/2024 at 10:10 AM, Blammm said:

Wouldn't have made much sense for him to jump to Michigan... Most of the existing staff was headed to the Chargers with Harbaugh and they are at substantial risk of being given substantial penalties for the sign-stealing scandal.

Very true. But it was a move that would have been for big bucks$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Glad he is sticking with Freeman who ha been joined to his hip for quite some time. They are on the same page and make a great recruitng team but I am sure he got a raise to say "NO" to the Skunkbears!

• Heart 1