Returning Players for 2024

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2023 at 9:34 PM, Baldy said:

Excellent!  Did he get hurt in the game today?  It seemed like he might have when he sacked their QB.  Any news?

Edited by NYGoldenDomer
You're supposed to put your text outside of the quoted area, not inside.

On 12/29/2023 at 10:13 PM, brian_nd88 said:

Excellent!  Did he get hurt in the game today?  It seemed like he might have when he sacked their QB.  Any news?

Yeah, I was glad to see he’ll be coming back.

I think he did injure himself, and it appeared to be his left shoulder. They didn’t talk about it after though, so not sure if it was anything serious?

49 minutes ago, 4thand1 said:

Happy to have him back but ND does need to get more production from the vyper position.  

Agreed! I think I’m more glad he’ll be coming back to provide depth, and experience.

What I’m really hoping for is this final season will push him over the top and be a major factor for the Vyper position.

I’m also hoping the guys behind him will push him to be better as well.

5 minutes ago, TexasDomer said:

I love that he’s back, but how much higher can his value go at the college level?

I could see him being a 2nd, or possibly late 1st round pick in the NFL, by the end of his CFB career.

10 minutes ago, TexasDomer said:

I love that he’s back, but how much higher can his value go at the college level?

I'm sure he'll make good NIL money next year.  One more year to hone his safety skills.  Honestly I don't know that he would have been drafted 1st or second round this year, probably 3rd rounder.

2 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

I'm sure he'll make good NIL money next year.  One more year to hone his safety skills.  Honestly I don't know that he would have been drafted 1st or second round this year, probably 3rd rounder.

Agree, and which I feel he can improve big time at the position with one more year.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Baldy said:

Agree, and which I feel he can improve big time at the position with one more year.

Who really knows?  But this guy has shown he can play. Great to have him back. And next year’s schedule is a good one for ND. Returning players will be glad they came back, methinks.
Freeman has won 9 and 10 games ion his first two years with guys the other staff recruited. He has his own tremendous OC and DC guys and a very good group of players now. 
Head coach practice is over. 2024 is Marcus Freeman time. 
Go and take it!

• Trophy 1

11 hours ago, AnTostal said:

Who really knows?  But this guy has shown he can play. Great to have him back. And next year’s schedule is a good one for ND. Returning players will be glad they came back, methinks.
Freeman has won 9 and 10 games ion his first two years with guys the other staff recruited. He has his own tremendous OC and DC guys and a very good group of players now. 
Head coach practice is over. 2024 is Marcus Freeman time. 
Go and take it!

100 percent agree here!