3 Part Hypothesis on Gerad Parker's Offense

1 hour ago, 4thand1 said:

Do you think NDs passing offense would be a threat to any of the top 10 teams this year the way that Parker ran it?  I don't. 

When will ND not allow opponents to stack the box because they aren't afraid of the passing game.  For the record, I am for offensive diversity.  I want to keep my opponent guessing and call plays that take advantage of their formations.  I also want the OC to teach and allow the QBs to effectively call audibles.  Plenty of play action and RPOS that cause the D to never know what ND is going to do.  Maybe Parker isnt' capable of running an offense like that.

With the right players? Absolutely. ND had no top end receiver speed last year over 6 feet tall. When you can't run by the defensive back, he's going to sit "in your hip pocket" which means they are going be ready to run forward all game. If you had a guy like Tobias was supposed to be who can by the guy on a 50/ball down the sideline, the DB can't be on  his front foot  he has to be ready to backpedal. The only time we completed a "go route" to Rico flores was in Zone not man because rico could not seperate.