6. Georgia
  7. Florida State
  8. Oklahoma
  9. Texas 
  10. LSU
  11. Notre Dame

Full Rankings can be found here
https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

I'm bored at work and this place is a ghost town right now so I am looking at rankings and conference standings trying to think up some fun scenarios for next Saturday. 

Oklahoma State beats (10)Oklahoma
(25)Kansas State beats (7)Texas
(11)Ole Miss beats A&M
(13)LSU(who lost to Ole Miss) beats (8)Alabama(who beat (11)Ole Miss)
(24)USC beats (5)Washington
Maryland beats (9)Penn State

I am iffy about the LSU game.  I don't want Kelly beating Saban 2 years in a row.  But this could setup some real madness in the rankings.  I feel like PSU is ripe for the picking for a good Maryland team.  Oklahoma could very easily lose a major rivalry game coming out of an upset loss.  KState has been playing well.  Hopefully USC wakes the frig up and wants to save their season and hopes for a PAC12 Championship.

• Heart 2

By all accounts ND should win out, gotta hope for a slip up or two in front of them. Curious to see if the playoff rankings match up or they throw in some curve balls. I think enough will happen if they do that ND can get into the top 10 and in line for a NY6. Also I’d like to end this comment with: any penn st loss is a win for me and for america

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

4 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I'm bored at work and this place is a ghost town right now so I am looking at rankings and conference standings trying to think up some fun scenarios for next Saturday. 

Oklahoma State beats (10)Oklahoma
(25)Kansas State beats (7)Texas
(11)Ole Miss beats A&M
(13)LSU(who lost to Ole Miss) beats (8)Alabama(who beat (11)Ole Miss)
(24)USC beats (5)Washington
Maryland beats (9)Penn State

I am iffy about the LSU game.  I don't want Kelly beating Saban 2 years in a row.  But this could setup some real madness in the rankings.  I feel like PSU is ripe for the picking for a good Maryland team.  Oklahoma could very easily lose a major rivalry game coming out of an upset loss.  KState has been playing well.  Hopefully USC wakes the frig up and wants to save their season and hopes for a PAC12 Championship.

That would make things interesting for sure, although I just can’t see Maryland beating Penn St, they’ve lost to both Illinois and Northwestern just in the last few weeks. It would be a big upset if they did pull it out.

Should ND win vs Clemson, they should move up at least two spots due to other ranked teams above #15 playing each other.

Hopefully Michigan will lose a couple since their DC and OC will need to remember how to call a game without knowing what play the other team is running.

Edited by jbrown_9999

3 hours ago, brian_nd88 said:

Notre Dame is at 15.  It's interesting to me that Ohio State has the top spot.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38789171/ohio-st-georgia-michigan-florida-st-atop-cfp-rankings

Makes sense to me, seeing as how Ohio State has a better SoS and more ranked wins.

However, I think the top four should be Ohio State, Florida State, Georgia, and Michigan. I also feel Notre Dame should be over LSU because of SoS, but we all know the committee is basing it off of LSU having a better ranked win.

Oh, well. We’ll see how it all plays out. Should be very interesting!