Postgame - #14 Notre Dame vs PITT (Win 58-7)

1 hour ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

In at least 50 percent man to man defense. I'm impressed you can't hide anyone in man coverage.

I totally agree, and would argue that Notre Dame has the best CBs in the nation! Depth is just amazing, and they all seems to be shut down! Notre Dame needs to keep Mike Mickens as long as possible!

• Heart 1

Offense: Hartman did not play well in the first half, but at least made up for it a bit in the second half by doing a good job managing, and not making bad decisions like he did early. Estime with another 100 yard game and three TDs, and it was great seeing Price have a good game. Tyree was amazing, and Faison and Thomas had good games too. Honorable mentions were Evans and Merriweather.

Defense: Not much to say here except that they dominated once again! The starting lineup forced a shut out, so I’m over here high on Golden. I say Notre Dame pays him to keep him as long as possible at this point. The front seven has been great as of late, and the secondary has been phenomenal all season. This game showed how amazing the depth is in the secondary with both Morrison and Hart out. Wow!

Special Teams: I had said their coming out party was USC, but I need to take that back. It was this game! Punt return and muffed punt recovery for TDs! I was a bit down on specials teams and Biagi’s coaching, but I’m super high on them now, and Biagi has my support!

But the best thing about this game was the offense, defense, and special teams scored TDs! 😝

Go Irish!!! 🍀🏈

Hard to be upset when all three phases of the game score TD's, that's hitting on all cylinders.

Still confused by the events just prior to half time.  None of it made sense, fortunately it didn't matter.  However similar to taking the points against OSU with a FG, that series could have haunted us in a close game leaving 4 more points on the field with bad TO and clock management.

Frustrating knowing that we dominated these guys, who beat Ville, who beat us.  Keep winning.

• Flames 1

Great game.  D has found it's groove.  Love how Hartman wasn't fazed by his poor start.  Love how Merriweather produced despite the demotion.  Yes, best ND secondary is quite some time.  Is X Watts a lock to return??  Awesome to see a guy like Watts succeed after a position switch earlier in his time at ND. Great coaching staffs find ways to make something out of the bottom of the depth chart with occasional positional changes.  No chance ND loses to Louisville at this point if the game were played again.  

• Flames 1

I didn't get to watch the game, I was listening to the radio feed as I was closing my pool(finally) most of the afternoon.  I don't know wtf was going on at the end of the first half but it sure sounded confusing on the radio.  Glad that the boys came out of the bye with their shit in check.  Playing a shit team coming out of a bye week following an absolute massacre of ND's biggest rival could have been a classic let down game in years past.  I really hope we put another beating on Clemson again next weekend.

• Flames 1