What to Watch - Week 8 (BYE Week)

With the 1st bye week here for Notre Dame, lets see what the weekend will bring. I think it is a very good slate of games this week, however, all of the big games have a good chance of being blowouts as well. There are a lot of mid-tier games in the B1G and Big12 this week that should have competitive games, but neither team is all that interesting.

* All times are Central Time Zone.

Friday
6:00 - SMU @ Temple - ESPN2 - Only game on the entire day.

Morning Games - Saturday
11:00 - #7 Penn State @ #3 Ohio State - FOX - The game everyone will be watching this weekend, Penn State just has not been tested yet.
11:00 - #22 AIr Force @ Navy - CBS - I believe the QB for Air Force got hurt, but if you enjoy watching the military academies play, here is one.
11:00 - UCF @ #6 Oklahoma - ABC - Will probably be a blowout
11:00 - Miss St @ Arkansas - ESPN - Should be a competitive game

Afternoon Games - Saturday
2:30 - #17 Tennessee @ #11 Alabama - CBS - Another massive game, but I think Bama will win this one by ~10
2:30 - Washington St @ #9 Oregon - ABC - Wa St is still a decent team, how will Oregon respond to their loss?
2:30 - Pittsburgh @ Wake Forest - ACCN - Two future opponents and should be competitive til the end.

Evening Games - Saturday
6:00 - #13 Ole Miss @ Auburn - ESPN - could be a decent game before the big games in the evening come on
6:30 - #2 Michigan @ Michigan State - NBC - Michigan's schedule is a joke, maybe their rival can muster up a game, but not holding my breath. Seriously, UM schedule is the worst I have seen in years.
6:30 - #16 Duke @ #4 Florida St - ABC - One of the two big games of the evening, can DUKE's defense hold strong like they have been?
7:00 - #14 Utah @ #18 USC - FOX - Another physical test for USC, will it be a repeat?
7:00 - Clemson @ Miami - ACCN - Future opponent and Clemson has kind of gone under the radar the last few weeks.

Late Night Games - Saturday
9:30 - Arizona St @ #5 Washington - FS1 - I think Washington will win, but this is a perfect trap game
9:30 - #25 UCLA @ Stanford - ESPN - Future opponent in Stanford after a big win against a quality opponent.

• Heart 1

Honestly looking forward to a weekend off - feels like a grind watching ND this season because you have no idea what you're going to get.

Penn State/Ohio State should be a good one. I think PSU can pull that one off.

Totally agree on Bama/Tennessee - don't think the Vols are anywhere near as good as they were last year. I've got a healthy bet that Bama covers the 8.5.

Really excited to watch Duke/FSU and Utah/USC. I think Duke is going to play really well and give FSU all they can handle. Their defense is better than anything FSU has faced this season. I think USC will bounce back and beat Utah. I know Utah has the more physical team, and we just saw what ND did to USC. But I think Caleb Williams goes off and USC wins by 2 TDs.

• Heart 1

God dammit I have my kid's Christmas pictures Saturday morning.  I better be home in time to watch most/some of the PSU OSU game.  I'd love to see PSU knock off OSU but for ND's sake, I have to root..I mean...I have to hope OSU wins.  I know it won't help the Irish get back into the playoff picture, that ship sailed.  However, it still bodes well for their SOS which should hopefully help the Irish land in a NY6 bowl.  Notre Dame aside, I would love to see PSU knock off both OSU and Michigan and then lose in the B1GCG to Iowa.

I will be actively and wholeheartedly rooting for Duke over FSU.  frig the Seminoles.  I'd love to see them knocked out of the running for the ACCCG.  friging Louisville, man, if they hadn't lost to Pitt they would be right up there along with Duke.  Who is NC playing this weekend?  Let me check...Virginia...that should be an easy win for them.  I would have loved a Duke/Louisville ACCCG.  Ahh, they play each other next weekend so someone is going to have multiple losses regardless.  Whatever, as long as FSU ain't in it.  Sorry...I'm rambling, typing my thoughts right now lolololololol.

Give me Tennessee over Alabama, but it probably won't happen.  

Same goes for Michigan State over Michigan.  MSU is a dumpster fire right now.  Rivalry games can always bring out a little something more though so who knows.  Nah, we know lol, MSU is going to get curb stomped.  I will gladly eat crow though.

Give me Clemson over Miami.  A win this week probably gets Clemson ranked, they're right on the doorstep at #27.  Then hopefully they can beat NCST next week and then NC two weeks after they play the Irish.  

Give me Pitt over Wake

Give me USC over Utah only because I want to make sure USC stays ranked.  

I hate that we're out of it.  It takes all the fun out of rooting for all of the different 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon scenarios to help the Irish get in. 

friging Louisville, man
chris farley cinema supremo GIF

Yes, PSU/OSU is the big one this weekend. PSU looks loaded, I think this is the year for them to finally knock off OSU. If not now, then when?

Tennessee just is not the same team as last season. They're good but seem to have taken a half step back this year. Alabama covers the spread on this one.

Michigan/MSU is usually a good one, but with all of MSU's problems this year, I don't think it will be close.

Duke/FSU should be good and down to the wire. But I'm going with FSU to pull it out, hope I'm wrong though.

Utah/USC How will USC respond? Isn't Utah still without their starting QB? This could go either way, I'm guessing USC wins.

And finally in the FCS, #1 South Dakota St plays #12 Southern Illinois, I'd be surprised if SIU wins this one, but would be sweet.

I'm actually going to enjoy college football today! Last week wasn't a joy until 8 pm or so. Home state u gets a shot at the Buckeyes today. I wanna see if Allar can solve the reactive quarters defense that is part of my nightmares. Hartman just could not solve it vs  Jim Knowles

If Allar plays well its a close game, if not that awesome defense may get tired.

Hearts with the people with disabilities I serve at my job who love home state u

Head says its a huge ask for a young QB and a strong OSU helps ND in the rankings

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

Is anyone else on the verge of a mental breakdown watching this OSU - PSU game?  I hate both schools but find myself happy whenever PSU makes a play.  But then the ND fan in me wants OSU to win so that loss continues to look like a good loss for us. 

Styles almost gave it to PSU But Penn State keeps on calling such weird plays.