What are you looking for against Louisville?

I want to see the defense continue to dominate.  That has been the constant this year and its great to see.

I also want to see our WRs get more separation.  I know they were down some guy's last week, but it looked like a totally different offense for most of the game.  Also intrigued by Eli Raridon.

What say you?

I'm spoiled.  I believe ND has a really really good team.  Just need consistency of effort by everyone on every play.

So, I want to see a score in the realm of ND 40, Louisville 20.  Because I believe it's possible and should be the outcome. 

But, Vegas has ND by 6.5.  Meh. What do those guys know anyway?  Maybe they're paying the ACC refs to keep it close? 😉

• Heart 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 2

51 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

I'm spoiled.  I believe ND has a really really good team.  Just need consistency of effort by everyone on every play.

So, I want to see a score in the realm of ND 40, Louisville 20.  Because I believe it's possible and should be the outcome. 

But, Vegas has ND by 6.5.  Meh. What do those guys know anyway?  Maybe they're paying the ACC refs to keep it close? 😉

I agree.  I really like this team alot and think they have what it takes to compete with anyone.

I'm looking for Hartman and the offense to get back on track. I'm expecting more of the same from the defense (under 20 points).

Louisville is 5-0, but it seems inflated based on who they've beaten. They beat Georgia Tech (2-3, just lost to Bowling Green) in Week 1 by 5 points, 39-34. Then they beat FCS Murray State 56-0 in Week 2. In Week 3, they beat Indiana (2-3) 21-14 and needed a goalline stand with 5 minutes left to do it. They smoked Boston College (2-3, 3-point wins over Holy Cross and UVA) 56-28. Then, last week, they beat NC State 13-10.

Louisville's offense is talented with a good RB and some good WRs, including a couple of transfers. But I think their OL is vulnerable, and Jack Plummer (0-2 against ND with Purdue in 2021 and Cal in 2022) is a statue back there with 6 INTs already. I have a ton of confidence in the defense heading into this game. 

I don't know too much about their defense. I know they have a really good edge rusher (Aston Gillotte) and some other talented DL. I also think they have a couple of good/physical CBs, which is not great for our WRs who have looked pedestrian in the P5 games so far. Of the teams they have faced so far, the best offense (in terms of total offense) is Georgia Tech (#17), and they put up 34 points. They next best offense they faces is Boston College (#64). For comparison's sake, ND is #20. In terms of points scored, Georgia Tech leads the way (#49) - comparatively, ND is #25. So, I think it's fair to say that ND is going to be the best offense they have faced thus far.

Both Jayden Thomas and Jaden Greathouse should be back at WR, which will be huge. Apparently, Eli Raridon is coming back, but I don't expect him to get more than a handful of snaps. I expect the OL to play their butts off after a really poor showing last week. They played so well against OSU, so I think the Duke performance was (hopefully) just an off night. I really want/need to see Hartman go back to his pre-OSU form. The offense needs to be firing on all cylinders because when USC comes to town next weekend, ND will need to score in the 30s, if not the 40s to win (and they can because USC's defense is laughably bad).

I'm much more confident this week than I was last week against Duke. I know it'll be a crazy environment, but ND came out guns blazing last week and completely took the crowd out of the game until the fourth quarter. I think ND plays really well and wins by 2+ scores. Give me the Irish, 34-20.

• Heart 4

11 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

I'm looking for Hartman and the offense to get back on track. I'm expecting more of the same from the defense (under 20 points).

Louisville is 5-0, but it seems inflated based on who they've beaten. They beat Georgia Tech (2-3, just lost to Bowling Green) in Week 1 by 5 points, 39-34. Then they beat FCS Murray State 56-0 in Week 2. In Week 3, they beat Indiana (2-3) 21-14 and needed a goalline stand with 5 minutes left to do it. They smoked Boston College (2-3, 3-point wins over Holy Cross and UVA) 56-28. Then, last week, they beat NC State 13-10.

Louisville's offense is talented with a good RB and some good WRs, including a couple of transfers. But I think their OL is vulnerable, and Jack Plummer (0-2 against ND with Purdue in 2021 and Cal in 2022) is a statue back there with 6 INTs already. I have a ton of confidence in the defense heading into this game. 

I don't know too much about their defense. I know they have a really good edge rusher (Aston Gillotte) and some other talented DL. I also think they have a couple of good/physical CBs, which is not great for our WRs who have looked pedestrian in the P5 games so far. Of the teams they have faced so far, the best offense (in terms of total offense) is Georgia Tech (#17), and they put up 34 points. They next best offense they faces is Boston College (#64). For comparison's sake, ND is #20. In terms of points scored, Georgia Tech leads the way (#49) - comparatively, ND is #25. So, I think it's fair to say that ND is going to be the best offense they have faced thus far.

Both Jayden Thomas and Jaden Greathouse should be back at WR, which will be huge. Apparently, Eli Raridon is coming back, but I don't expect him to get more than a handful of snaps. I expect the OL to play their butts off after a really poor showing last week. They played so well against OSU, so I think the Duke performance was (hopefully) just an off night. I really want/need to see Hartman go back to his pre-OSU form. The offense needs to be firing on all cylinders because when USC comes to town next weekend, ND will need to score in the 30s, if not the 40s to win (and they can because USC's defense is laughably bad).

I'm much more confident this week than I was last week against Duke. I know it'll be a crazy environment, but ND came out guns blazing last week and completely took the crowd out of the game until the fourth quarter. I think ND plays really well and wins by 2+ scores. Give me the Irish, 34-20.

brillant post, can't wait to enjoy it. So they are slightly better than NC State who ND was tied with for awhile and pulled away from.

• Heart 3

I’m looking for less procedural penalties from the O-Line, and more big plays passing down field. Mostly to open up the run game, with Estime and Love leading the way in the backfield.

Oh, and a punt block! 🍻

• Cheers 1