What are you looking for against Duke?

I personally want to see how the players and coaches respond to a tough loss.  Lets face it, 11-1 probably gets us a ticket to the show and possibly a rematch with OSU.

Hartmans leadership will be tested.  Its easy to lead when you are dominating opponents but coming off a tough loss, how will he get the troops fired up?  Same goes for the entire coaching staff.  This won't be a cakewalk by any means.  I want the boys to get back at it and control the lines.  I want to see confidence and execution.  This team is solid.  I expect a double digit win this week.

What say you?

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Come out mad.  Play mean.  Punish everyone going forward.  Notre Dame should feel sorry for everyone else on their schedule for having to play them the rest of this season.  

Exactly how I feel, and what I want to see! Play angry, focused, and clean football!

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

I’m looking for the team to fit Freeman’s narrative: We have to play to our potential. If we do, we’re winning by 14. If we lose, there’s a disconnect between the narrative and the ability of the coaching staff. 

in the end, all we need is a W and move on W by W. 

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

I personally want to see how the players and coaches respond to a tough loss.  Lets face it, 11-1 probably gets us a ticket to the show and possibly a rematch with OSU.

Hartmans leadership will be tested.  Its easy to lead when you are dominating opponents but coming off a tough loss, how will he get the troops fired up?  Same goes for the entire coaching staff.  This won't be a cakewalk by any means.  I want the boys to get back at it and control the lines.  I want to see confidence and execution.  This team is solid.  I expect a double digit win this week.

What say you?

Hartman’s responses at the Press Conference were interesting. He seemed pissed and matter of fact. He even said “you tell me” when a reporter inferred that he should have gotten those crucial 4th down runs and wanted to know what he needed to do better. I expect him to play well and think we’ll make more hay passing downfield. 

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1

8 hours ago, Frankus said:

I’m looking for the team to fit Freeman’s narrative: We have to play to our potential. If we do, we’re winning by 14. If we lose, there’s a disconnect between the narrative and the ability of the coaching staff. 

in the end, all we need is a W and move on W by W. 

Frankus, I’ve always enjoyed your posts. 
You have followed ND for quite awhile. You know the administration and some behind the scenes type stuff. 
In the past you’ve been critical of them. 
With this regime do you finally see a difference?  Do you think Freeman is right for this job?  Can he take us to the promise lane in your opinion?

• Heart 1
  • Leprechaun 1

I want the players to convince the coaches that they're the better team in every contest for the rest of the season. (The coaches should have already believed this, but I thought they coached scared against OSU.)

I think these players know the team is special. If they can convince the coaches to trust them and let them play to win, I'll back them to run the table (CFP included, if we're that lucky).

• Heart 3
  • Trophy 1

Defense to disrupt Riley Leonard's quick throws, make him move in the pocket, and make him pay when he takes too long.

Also, they can put up points, so looks like we're going to need the run game and some of the young receivers to light it up.

And, yes, the 11 players thing, for sure!

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1

23 hours ago, coltssb said:

Frankus, I’ve always enjoyed your posts. 
You have followed ND for quite awhile. You know the administration and some behind the scenes type stuff. 
In the past you’ve been critical of them. 
With this regime do you finally see a difference?  Do you think Freeman is right for this job?  Can he take us to the promise lane in your opinion?

I do see a difference with Freeman, who has a combination of recruiting prowess, character and an intensity to win. The guy that he reminds me of the most is Ara, except that Ara had way more experience. 

It’s hard to tell about the admin situation. If guys start flunking out, you’ll know that Freeman perhaps is getting a bit more leniency.