Do you think this is a "storm the field" game?

IF we win and beat OSU, do you think it's worthy for the students to storm the field? I mean, OSU is only #6 in the Country. It's not like we are even playing a Top5 team. IF we win, should they storm the field? I don't think so but I will be elated that we won.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

I dont think so. They are only ranked #6. Rushing the field should be for a special moment, I do not see this as a special moment. Notre Dame has already proven that they are back in the mix and can beat the top rated teams (they did so with Clemson last year).

Rushing the field should be for something unexpected, beating Ohio State is not an unexpected outcome at this time point.

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

In the essence of #9 beating #6.  No.  Definitely not.  Act like you've been there.  Which leads me to my counterpoint.  Its been forever since we've beaten OSU.  Go tear that motherfriger down! 

F yes. My thought has nothing to do with #9 beating #6, and everything to do with ohio st being one of the premier programs of the last decade and, should ND win this, that’s a fcking statement win

• Cheers 1

I’ll be the voice of dissent. 
Nope. 
Do it when you beat #1 USC, for instance. But not against a non-rival not ranked in the top three. 
I get that everyone wants to beat OSU.  And that they are a perennial top 5 team. But ND isn’t Purdue. ND has been to the playoffs.  They should expect to win.  Act like it. 
Having said that, I’ll be delighted to see it happen Saturday night. 

• Cheers 2
  • Leprechaun 1

6 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

I dont think so. They are only ranked #6. Rushing the field should be for a special moment, I do not see this as a special moment. Notre Dame has already proven that they are back in the mix and can beat the top rated teams (they did so with Clemson last year).

Rushing the field should be for something unexpected, beating Ohio State is not an unexpected outcome at this time point.

2 hours ago, AnTostal said:

I’ll be the voice of dissent. 
Nope. 
Do it when you beat #1 USC, for instance. But not against a non-rival not ranked in the top three. 
I get that everyone wants to beat OSU.  And that they are a perennial top 5 team. But ND isn’t Purdue. ND has been to the playoffs.  They should expect to win.  Act like it. 
Having said that, I’ll be delighted to see it happen Saturday night. 

This is pretty much how I feel.  The only reason I would say go have fun is the fact is that it is Ohio State.  I believe 1936 was the last time the Irish beat Ohio State.  If this was any other top 10 school I would say absolutely not.