Mel Tucker / MSU

jimbo

Don’t know if these allegations are true or not, but this could be a great opportunity for MSU to get out from that terrible 10 year extension they gave him. This contract, to me, is just a total head scratcher. 

I can just imagine the MSU admin waking up from a bad dream, saying ‘we gave 10 years / $95 mil to who??? 555

https://www.npr.org/2023/09/10/1198717379/michigan-state-football-coach-mel-tucker-sexual-harassment-allegations

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2023/09/10/michigan-state-football-coach-sexual-harassment-claim/70679703007/

9 hours ago, jimbo said:

Don’t know if these allegations are true or not, but this could be a great opportunity for MSU to get out from that terrible 10 year extension they gave him. This contract, to me, is just a total head scratcher. 

I can just imagine the MSU admin waking up from a bad dream, saying ‘we gave 10 years / $95 mil to who??? 555

Yea, don’t want to make light of a situation but they are probably jumping for joy over the chance the get out of this contract. Lots of weird stuff in this story, but I don’t see how he makes it through and doesn’t lose his job.

4 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Do you know the details?  I’ve listened to about three different segments on Sirius and they all said the same thing. He said something to this woman, Armstrong I believe her name is, and she filed a complaint. 

That lady makes her living going around giving consent and sexual harassment speeches, specifically to college football programs. BK brought her to ND a few years ago I believe.
Basically she’s stating that Tucker kept making unwanted advances, offering to sneak her into hotel rooms, asking if she would date him if he wasn’t married, then “pleasures himself” over the phone during a conversation with her.

There was apparently ann existing investigation and she went to the news not happy with how long it was taking. Rumors of deleted texts from both parties, Tucker saying it was 100% consensual. 

• Cheers 1

On 9/11/2023 at 11:10 AM, mcgov12 said:

That lady makes her living going around giving consent and sexual harassment speeches, specifically to college football programs. BK brought her to ND a few years ago I believe.
Basically she’s stating that Tucker kept making unwanted advances, offering to sneak her into hotel rooms, asking if she would date him if he wasn’t married, then “pleasures himself” over the phone during a conversation with her.

There was apparently ann existing investigation and she went to the news not happy with how long it was taking. Rumors of deleted texts from both parties, Tucker saying it was 100% consensual. 

Some things that stand out to me:

1) She was being paid five figures by the football team (as directed by Mel) so conflict of interest even if consensual. 

2) Mel lied to investigators about A) the fact that he was in a hotel in Florida B) on official university business during the phone call with the "self-inflicted happy ending". This seemed to be an attempt to say that it was a non-MSU related issue. In any case, the fact she was being paid by the football team negates that position.

3) Mel is "unwilling" to name the one anonymous person who can supposedly back up his version of the story.