2023 Week 3 Rankings

College Football Playoff Rankings
Will be released on Tuesday, Oct. 31 following Week 9 of the regular season.

AP Top 10

1. Georgia
  2. Michigan
  3. Florida State
  4. Texas
  5. USC
  6. Ohio State 
  7. Penn State
  8. Washington
  9. Notre Dame
  10. Alabama

Coaches Poll Top 10

1. Georgia
  2. Michigan
  3. Florida State
  4. Ohio State
  5. USC
  6. Texas
  7. Penn State
  8. Washington
  9. Tennessee
  10. Alabama

11. Notre Dame

ESPN FPI Top 10

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. USC
  5. Florida State
  6. Texas
  7. Penn State
  8. Oklahoma
  9. Notre Dame
  10. Michigan

Full Rankings can be found here
https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Just now, NDhoosier said:

Little surprised they jumped Tennessee and that Bama fell below them. Not that it matters this early on in the season.

100% agree. Just keep wining at this will all take care of itself. 

Get past OSU and Duke and they could looking a 5 vs 6 battle with USC.  Get past USC and no way they aren’t in the top 4. 

• Trophy 2

I’m glad Notre Dame made a jump! They deserved that.

However, seeing Ohio State drop once again is jsut so crazy to me. Everyone just seems to hate Ohio State, and what’s funny is this happened two weeks before Ohio State plays Notre Dame. Michigan has done nothing so far this season besides beat scrubs, and yet is staying strong at #2. Such a joke!

At least Alabama made an appropriate drop, but are still of course in the top ten, even after getting owned by Texas. 🙄

1 hour ago, Baldy said:

However, seeing Ohio State drop once again is jsut so crazy to me. Everyone just seems to hate Ohio State, and what’s funny is this happened two weeks before Ohio State plays Notre Dame. Michigan has done nothing so far this season besides beat scrubs, and yet is staying strong at #2. Such a joke!

At least Alabama made an appropriate drop, but are still of course in the top ten, even after getting owned by Texas. 🙄

I think OSU dropping is more due to USC and Texas climbing, not so much OSU "dropping" if you know what I mean.  Semantics, I know.  Texas beating Alabama obviously gets a big bump.  And USC beating Power 5 and PAC rival Stanford by a bigger score differential than OSU beats FCS cupcake Youngstown St.  I can see why they would bump USC there too.  My biggest surprise is Clemson being dropped from the AP25.

• Heart 1

40 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I think OSU dropping is more due to USC and Texas climbing, not so much OSU "dropping" if you know what I mean.  Semantics, I know.  Texas beating Alabama obviously gets a big bump.  And USC beating Power 5 and PAC rival Stanford by a bigger score differential than OSU beats FCS cupcake Youngstown St.  I can see why they would bump USC there too.  My biggest surprise is Clemson being dropped from the AP25.

Yeah, those are good points, so I get that. I guess I feel Texas shouldn’t have made that big a jump, but really, I think it should be Texas, Ohio State, and then USC.

15 hours ago, Baldy said:

Also, Ohio States offense has not been great. Their qb situation is still very shaky. People are used to them put up video game numbers and McCord doesn’t seem to be doing that. Great for ND, IF they can get a pass rush. 

3 hours ago, coltssb said:

Also, Ohio States offense has not been great. Their qb situation is still very shaky. People are used to them put up video game numbers and McCord doesn’t seem to be doing that. Great for ND, IF they can get a pass rush. 

Yeah, this is true too. Let’s hope ND can get a good pass rush, because McCord does seem to be the type to get flustered and make a bad decision if pressured too much.

5 hours ago, coltssb said:

1 hour ago, Baldy said:

Yeah, this is true too. Let’s hope ND can get a good pass rush, because McCord does seem to be the type to get flustered and make a bad decision if pressured too much.

Well both OSU and the Irish have cupcakes this coming weekend so there isn't going to be much else to learn about each other.  So I say 
the rock GIF

• Leprechaun 1