When I think of Gerad Parker I think of this. This was a gathering of the of players captured on twitter as "The first annual offensive gathering"

When I think of Tommy Rees, I think of

image.jpeg

I don't want this to seem like Faith is bashing Tommy again, but I think these players need a 40 relationship with their coaches. Not just a 4 year.

• Heart 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

Evidence:

I'm doing this countdown thread here and I noticed Ara Parseghian still had quite a few players come back for his 90th birthday, had a very full funeral. I know Ara won, but he also stayed connected to Notre Dame after his 10 years. 

I like to see coaches having the players around their families. Tommy and Bill were in the foolball building. I hope Saban teaches Tommy about the gatherings he has at Bama in the offseason.

Its got to be more than football.

• Heart 1

Tom will learn.  He'll get better.  Could turn out to be really good.  I just didn't want to have Tom learn how to be an OC while serving as OC at ND. 

Same with Parker, although Parker has (fairly minimally) been an OC before.

Same with Freeman, really, as far as learning on the job.  But, I do believe Freeman will have long-term relationships with his players.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, cali_domer said:

Parker was very lazy hire, but hope it works. 

Kind of hard to believe that after extensive, nation-wide searches, it turns out that the best man for the job of offensive coordinator for the University of Notre Dame just happened to already be a member of the staff each of the last two times.

Will Parker be better than Rees?  So hard to predict.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

Kind of hard to believe that after extensive, nation-wide searches, it turns out that the best man for the job of offensive coordinator for the University of Notre Dame just happened to already be a member of the staff each of the last two times.

its really up to the players. Great players make coaches look smart

9 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

its really up to the players. Great players make coaches look smart

Meh.  We've had some pretty good players.  Yet the coaches have had some pretty predictable offenses.  That's based on other teams saying as much based on our formations and personnel. 

Additionally our lack of coaching up quarterbacks specifically hurt us against teams with equal or better talent.  Hartman is another one off, but we have to develop our QB room going forward.

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Meh.  We've had some pretty good players.  Yet the coaches have had some pretty predictable offenses.  That's based on other teams saying as much based on our formations and personnel. 

Additionally our lack of coaching up quarterbacks specifically hurt us against teams with equal or better talent.  Hartman is another one off, but we have to develop our QB room going forward.

Yeah I'm excited to see what Parker's family/detailed oriented nature produces. He got Mayer to be a blocker and that's saying something.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 2:26 PM, AnTostal said:

Maybe they're just trying to set the precedent with potential coaches that if you're a top positional coach and you come here you have a chance at being promoted through the ranks.  Its ballsy right now when they're in the beginning of setting themselves up but if it snowballs and you continue to recruit top tier coaches and move them up the ranks it can only breed more long term success.

• Heart 1