Favorite Assistant Coaches?

IMO, I would exclude Balis from the 'poll' since he is a bit of an outlier compared to the other ACs. 

I would go with  Deland McCullough since his players seem to be ready for prime time as well as his recruiting was solid. I like him but Mickens needs to take a step up from a recruiting perspective in 2023 and beyond for me to move him head of McCullough.

• Heart 1

Just now, jbrown_9999 said:

IMO, I would exclude Balis from the 'poll' since he is a bit of an outlier compared to the other ACs. 

I would go with  Deland McCullough since his players seem to be ready for prime time as well as his recruiting was solid. I like him but Mickens needs to take a step up from a recruiting perspective in 2023 and beyond for me to move him head of McCullough

Matt's job certainly allows him more contact with the players than an assistant coach. Deland would definitely be my pick as well. 

I'm going to have to wait until about mid-season to determine my vote.  

My favorite will be a combination of personality, ability to develop players, getting players ready for each game, ability to make needed in-game recommendations and adjustments effectively, and recruiting ability.  And, btw, has to be an actual good person, not an Urban Meyer type guy.  

While I don't really know the coaches yet, I must really be a Domer homer.  My expectations are pretty high for this group of coaches and players.