Lorenzo Styles transfers to Ohio State

Styles  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Styles: WR or DB?

• WR
    • DB

WWW.MSN.COM

Earlier this week, Notre Dame Fighting Irish star Lorenzo Styles announced that he would be entering the NCAA transfer portal and leaving the program. But it sounds like Notre Dame head coach Marcus Freeman thinks he’s...

Hyperbolic title but here is the quote

“He just came and said he’s going to enter the transfer portal,” Freeman said according to On3. “You wish him all the best. The only thing I told him and his father was I hate [him] losing out on an opportunity to get a Notre Dame degree. That’s the whole thing.

“All of our players chase this NFL dream and chase this dream of starting and playing a lot of football and major college football and that can be achieved. But the degree from Notre Dame is truly something special. I want that for every one of my players because I believe an education from Notre Dame and a degree from Notre Dame will take care of the rest of your life. That’s what I wish for all of our kids that come through this program. We love ‘Zo, I love ‘Zo and I wish him all the best.”

• Heart 1
  • Trophy 1

On 4/22/2023 at 8:10 PM, FaithInIrish Forever said:
WWW.MSN.COM

Earlier this week, Notre Dame Fighting Irish star Lorenzo Styles announced that he would be entering the NCAA transfer portal and leaving the...

Hyperbolic title but here is the quote

“He just came and said he’s going to enter the transfer portal,” Freeman said according to On3. “You wish him all the best. The only thing I told him and his father was I hate [him] losing out on an opportunity to get a Notre Dame degree. That’s the whole thing.

“All of our players chase this NFL dream and chase this dream of starting and playing a lot of football and major college football and that can be achieved. But the degree from Notre Dame is truly something special. I want that for every one of my players because I believe an education from Notre Dame and a degree from Notre Dame will take care of the rest of your life. That’s what I wish for all of our kids that come through this program. We love ‘Zo, I love ‘Zo and I wish him all the best.”

I am sure this was in the works for a while with a chance to play with his brother and where his father played,m but he should have picked the Bucknuts from the get-go. He had an ND degree in his grasp and this will come back to haunt him later in life when football is over.