Hartman Struggling

1 hour ago, NDLincPark said:

Wonder if the fan boys still want Buchner under center for 2023

Notre Dame won its first two games by a combined score of 98-6 and you're still looking to cause discourse. This adds no value to the forum and is only meant to cause turmoil.

I'm locking this thread.

• Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1

• 2 months later...

Unlocking this thread due to the fact that Hartman has indeed been struggling quite badly over the past several weeks and it is a topic worth discussing if anyone wants to.  It probably should have been opened sooner.  To be honest I had forgotten about it and I came upon it while doing some forum cleaning.  However, keep the discussion on topic.  This is not being reopened for more troll posts.  

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

Man, has he ever been struggling.

First five games: 70% completion percentage, 14 TDs, and no INTs. Next five games: 56% completion percentage, 4 TDs, and 7 INTs. Yikes!

It seems his confidence has taken a huge hit since that first loss to Ohio State, because he has not been the same since. It also seems like he gets in his own head, and gets worse with each mistake.

Definitely not good for a 6 year veteran QB!

10 hours ago, Baldy said:

Man, has he ever been struggling.

First five games: 70% completion percentage, 14 TDs, and no INTs. Next five games: 56% completion percentage, 4 TDs, and 7 INTs. Yikes!

It seems his confidence has taken a huge hit since that first loss to Ohio State, because he has not been the same since. It also seems like he gets in his own head, and gets worse with each mistake.

Definitely not good for a 6 year veteran QB!

And that's one of the things that has concerned me with our staff.  Even with an experienced QB, they can get into a funk, and adjustments need to be made to help with that.  As a coach I have to be able to communicate with my player to understand what he is or isn't seeing/experiencing out there.  Also I need to diagnose what I'm seeing them do to what is or isn't working and flesh out a better plan.  Offensively, I'm not seeing it.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

And that's one of the things that has concerned me with our staff.  Even with an experienced QB, they can get into a funk, and adjustments need to be made to help with that.  As a coach I have to be able to communicate with my player to understand what he is or isn't seeing/experiencing out there.  Also I need to diagnose what I'm seeing them do to what is or isn't working and flesh out a better plan.  Offensively, I'm not seeing it.

Yeah, exactly! The coaching staff seems to be doing nothing at all to address the issue and make it better!

Here’s to hoping they can figure it out, and end the season strong! 🤞🏼

• Heart 1